Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im an Active dedicated Clasher, but im looking to grow a clan. Any tips/suggestions?

Troll Food

Im an Active dedicated Clasher, but im looking to grow a clan. Any tips/suggestions?

Hello Clashers, thank you for taking time to read my post and give advice if youd like to. Right now im currently in clash of clans playing as a TH11 but need help with a question I have had had for growing a clan.

Im very active within the game, and I've been playing since clan wars were even introduced(2013 About), as well as being active on sites like the COC Forums or Reddit.

I have a simple question in regards to growing my clan, seeing as after years of being in various clan I have now decided to make my own.

1. What is the most effective way of running a clan?; i.e What kind of rules should I implement and what kind of demands should I ask of my clan members to get solid players into my clan and filter the bad ones out.

2. What is the best/most effective way of recruiting loyal players for my clan, whether it be in game or on a Site such as the one your on, the Supercell Forums.

I would appreciate any advice/tips in the comments below as to how I can grow my clan the best it can be. My clan is titled Savage Kings and we are currently level 3,(My names Bob Zavon) but knowing what to do now will help to be solid later on

I'll be honest running a clan is ridiculously hard and is basically a full time job to do well; far more time than it takes to play.

I'd even say we're in a period that's as hard as it's ever been to recruit competent players.
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; April 6th, 2019 at 09:42 AM.

Level 18
    - 2,124/18,500| Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 202] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BEastEffect527 View Post
    Hello Clashers, thank you for taking time to read my post and give advice if youd like to. Right now im currently in clash of clans playing as a TH11 but need help with a question I have had had for growing a clan.

Im very active within the game, and I've been playing since clan wars were even introduced(2013 About), as well as being active on sites like the COC Forums or Reddit.

I have a simple question in regards to growing my clan, seeing as after years of being in various clan I have now decided to make my own.

1. What is the most effective way of running a clan?; i.e What kind of rules should I implement and what kind of demands should I ask of my clan members to get solid players into my clan and filter the bad ones out.

2. What is the best/most effective way of recruiting loyal players for my clan, whether it be in game or on a Site such as the one your on, the Supercell Forums.

I would appreciate any advice/tips in the comments below as to how I can grow my clan the best it can be. My clan is titled Savage Kings and we are currently level 3,(My names Bob Zavon) but knowing what to do now will help to be solid later on
    1: if you are going to be a leader, you should be prepared to be very active in game and in the clan social group (whatsapp, discord or similar way of communication). Having multiple good accounts can make a huge difference and is strongly advised. The right rules depend of what kind of of clan you will run. If it's a farm clan, than been active at clan games, donation and cwl (for medals) are obviously the most important. If it's a war clan, than you must encourage players to really learn how to attack and design layouts (a good layout designer will also know how to attack) and demand active war players with strong bases.
    2: from my experience, the best and most loyal players are former clan leaders that got tired of trying to find good and loyal players and decided to join a good clan. The problem is... Those players are rare to find and they will always prefer to join a high level already established clan. So the best way to start a good clan with high level TH nowadays is usually when an old clan dies or split and those members are looking for a new one. An other solution is to have good players that are real life friends, but that's very rare too. But if you want to have a good clan, you can never tolerate inactivity, toxic behavior or any behavior against the clan objectives, no matter how friend you are of the person. That's not an easy task to do.

Of course you can always take the long road and recruit random players until your clan is lvl 10 and by that time you should have 3 or 6 players you can rely on. But be prepared for many headaches for a couple of years, until your clan is strong enough to catch the attention of good players. I've been there and gave up after 2 year as a clan leader.
    YouTube channel, social media etc. can also help to catch attention from good players looking for a clan.
    Ps: If you are starting a new clan, I strongly recommend you to do it with a group of known players that trust you with the task. If you are a real leader, there probably are some players that already view you that way and will want to join you.
    If you don't know a group of players willing to join you, then I really wouldn't recommend you to start alone.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; April 6th, 2019 at 04:46 AM.

Millennial Club
    As others have said, trying to run a clan can be quite burdensome and trying to find a group of like minded players is preferable.

However, if you insist on forming your own clan prepare to be extremely active. No days off. Just as important you must have a goal in mind. Super serious war clan? How will you run that? What type of player do you need for that to happen? No engineering/ engineer as much as possible or something in between? From my experience, people don't really take the forefront in clans like that. What I mean is that conversation isn't about having fun, getting to know each other on a personal level. It's simply strategic. So strategic that you would kick the nicest person in the group because of a poor hog attack or 3.

Perhaps you couldn't care less about a green line. Just friendship or base advancement.

Maybe something in between?

Whatever it is, you must go in with a plan and a vision. That vision may change after time but a vision is needed nevertheless.

Recruit people with the same vision, have faith in them, don't give leadership away cheaply but trust those that you have given leadership to.

Most of all. Have fun

if you develop a core group of members, then they can help you out when you're not online (including donating troops). one reason the leader often has a lot of troops donated is because at first, the other members are not as vested into helping clan members as they should be. eventually you'll find some other players who do care also.

and then of course, war is one place where people decide about staying longer or not. but that is also only important if that's what you want your clan to have focus on.

don't neglect war members who can attack well. it's ok if you're not focused on this but you'll not attract some of the stronger, more helpful members, if they see that there is too much losses or too much inactive and missed attacks in war. it's ok to lose if your team did its best, but it begins to suck if you're losing because people are not really active or attacking.

one of the biggest tips for any clan, is not to keep high level players who don't do well in war (again, if that is what you focused on). you get their war weight, which goes against your team, but possibly not their performance, which you need to be getting those top stars
    Last edited by scglobal; April 6th, 2019 at 06:10 AM.

Centennial Club
    First of all you'll need to be a TH 12, being a leader you will need to be the main provider for your clan or else you'll be relying on other TH 12s for your maxed troops and siege machines for war.

Banned
    lemme be honest with you;
    you can definitely make a clan but no one will join you who can actually help you to grow your clan, expect thousands of hoppers and those who leave during the war those who are disrespectful and lots of drama. plus inactive and low level players which have no use to the clan...

you have to be very active and dedicated to the clan as a leader. people join clans to get some troops, what's the point of joining a clan if you can't get your cc filled?

recruiting is another big and frustrating process that even high level clans struggling with (take a look at recruitment forum), you don't have a chance of getting decent players into your clan before you reach perk10.

BUT if you manage to get pass all those problems, have the time and dedication. you can have a decent clan after a few years...

there is millions of clans which you can join and enjoy the game instead of giving yourself that "headache".
    being a leader (or even co-leader) is that extra responsibility which i personally never wanted. i can be online/donate/war or whatever whenever i want!
    Last edited by queenrules; April 6th, 2019 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    I'll be honest running a clan is ridiculously hard and is basically a full time job to do well; far more time than it takes to play.

I'd even say we're in a period that's as hard as it's ever been to recruit competent players.
    Totally agreed ...

Its a job, for which you wont get paid ever.

If you ready to do the following then go down that road

-Be ready to use your most of your clash time recruiting, managing clan
    -Be active and online, ready to donate max troops/machines

Where to recruit -
    -Forum
    -Discord servers
    -Reddit
    -Global( spamming shortcuts)

How to recruit-

Post recruitment threads in forum/reddit/discord with clan's background story, rules and what players you looking for.
    Cheesy shortcuts for spamming global

Things to remember
    -one bump post per day on forum
    -one post per week on reddit
    -one post per week on discord/some groups have different rules
    -infinite posts in global.. have atleast 2..

good luck

Click to fill the recruitment form
    Th 12 AccountsThe Bhairava>61>62/62>63/35>36||Akhand Bharat>60/61>62/34>35||Surgical Strike>13/21>22/30

Wherever there are the foolish starting new clans, I am there, wagging a finger,
    It would also help if you started that clan in 2015 or 2016.

Not many established clashers want to start all over again... There are some... especially if a small group within a fading clan wants to go in a different direction, but it is sure hard to give up on those perks.
    Last edited by Cilakila; April 8th, 2019 at 07:32 PM.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.