Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Good members are so hard to find

  1. #1
    Senior Member zeldagod14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Hyrule kingdom
    Posts
    238

    Exclamation Good members are so hard to find

    Hey everyone, zeldagod14 here! Have you ever noticed just how hard it is to get good clan members? The problem is that all the good members already have clans! Only the guys who have been booted out are willing to join, and they usually end up getting booted. Rarely do I ever find a good person on global who happens to be looking for a clan, and even more rarely do they want to join up!

    Anyone know the best way to recruit members that actually care about clan rules? If so, tell me, cause I got nothin!

  2. #2
    Forum Veteran Cilakila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wherever there are the foolish starting new clans, I am there, wagging a finger,
    Posts
    1,745
    Keep at it.

    There are too many clans. Way too many. I have posted time and time and time again that the cost of starting clans should be raised to 300,000 gold. Every clasher with a good raid thinks its clan start time it seems. In any global there are at least a half dozen two man clans claiming to NEED members...

    Too many of them.

    Clashers know they can hop hop hop with no consequence whatsoever

    A lot of clashers are convinced to join clans "to be nice" and help out... yet they have a terrible clash experience and quit the game.

    Even threads like this... when you look back it is incredible how many people start clans and before their post is an hour old... they have quit that clan and joined a different free co clan...

    If you are active and give clashers a reason to stay... they will. Most will leave, but one in thirty or forty will stay. Then keep at it until you get a few more.

    I do not know what level you are at, but starter clans do not give much to offer decent clashers. You have to prove that you are an exception by being on non stop and having high level troops to offer...
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

  3. #3
    Millennial Club DARDANIUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Hide Matrix
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    Anyone know the best way to recruit members that actually care about clan rules? If so, tell me, cause I got nothin!
    The way I've gotten a lot of my clan members (especially current) was through recruiting here on the forums. If you've got a post in Looking for Clanmates, chances are you may find some good quality players looking to join in on the fun. I also link my clan's info in my signature that others can check out when they see one of my posts.

    Global can work too. I constantly push message through there as well, but I've found that to be less effective, unsurprisingly of course.
    Last edited by DARDANIUS; April 4th, 2019 at 07:05 PM.


    CoC Accounts: Darkwind™ (New TH12 - LV 188 - 50/52/20) | DARDANIUS (TH10 - LV 132 - 20/28)

    Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 13 - Gold I) - We are recruiting! Interested in joining? Click here!
    Clashing since January 2014


  4. #4
    Pro Member partsguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Port Alberni, B.C.
    Posts
    675
    Recruiting is a bear. Early clan stages its almost a full time job. Im with Cilakila above saying they should raise the cost of creating clans as there are way too many. As for good members, i find the best here(only ever got two decent one out of thousands in global and reddit is too hard to read) but its still one in two hundred that i reach out to that ends up working. Good luck

  5. #5
    Senior Member zeldagod14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Hyrule kingdom
    Posts
    238
    My friends and I started a clan together, that seems to help a ton when you have people you know in real life to help grow your clan faster. I’m in masters league at th10 with decent lvl troops so I’d say I’m better off than others
    Hail the Triforce!
    If you need assistance, proceed to the nearest goddess statue to request Hylia’s.
    If you’re Yiga, you must die

  6. #6
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    My friends and I started a clan together, that seems to help a ton when you have people you know in real life to help grow your clan faster. I’m in masters league at th10 with decent lvl troops so I’d say I’m better off than others

    Good advice ........ But you still know, you was the one who asked?
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

  7. #7
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,115
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCra View Post
    Good advice ........ But you still know, you was the one who asked?
    If one is sufficiently scitzofrenic, it’s possible to create a few additional accounts and get some extra clan mates that way..

    /Affront

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    On my altar pretending to be a statue
    Posts
    631
    I have always found it difficult and mundane to recruit so I don't go out of my way to do it. I just have a glance at global every now and then and, if I see someone I might want to recruit, I say Hi and slowly use my amazing brainwashing techniques to make them join

  9. #9
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2
    A good idea is to make a clan made up of 5 accounts (all belonging to you, one being a high level with the rest being th5-6s), and warring nonstop. If you attack well you will be getting constant 15 stars, levelling up your clan. Once your clan reaches a good level, you can recruit here on the forums, bringing in members. Try to donate them, help them, be friendly, and do not bash them when they fail at an attack. After some time, they will become experienced players, and you would have attracted loyal players, which is the most important thing. It takes time, but it's worth it.

  10. #10
    Centennial Club FIBAROS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    just packed in the clouds somewhere
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilakila View Post
    Keep at it.

    There are too many clans. Way too many. I have posted time and time and time again that the cost of starting clans should be raised to 300,000 gold. Every clasher with a good raid thinks its clan start time it seems. In any global there are at least a half dozen two man clans claiming to NEED members...

    Too many of them.

    Clashers know they can hop hop hop with no consequence whatsoever

    A lot of clashers are convinced to join clans "to be nice" and help out... yet they have a terrible clash experience and quit the game.

    Even threads like this... when you look back it is incredible how many people start clans and before their post is an hour old... they have quit that clan and joined a different free co clan...

    If you are active and give clashers a reason to stay... they will. Most will leave, but one in thirty or forty will stay. Then keep at it until you get a few more.

    I do not know what level you are at, but starter clans do not give much to offer decent clashers. You have to prove that you are an exception by being on non stop and having high level troops to offer...
    Raising the price of starting a clan will do absolutely almost nothing other than stomp out the small fraction of th4 and under leaders. Not so smart people will always be dedicated to creating a clan even when they are not fit for it and making it 3 th4 raids worth of gold instead of 1 th4 raid worth of gold is not gonna deter most people. If we raise it to like 3 mil it will be a ridiculous price.
    Every level higher than you will always look cool and all, but once you actually get there you would've worked for it and slowly climbed the ladder enough to feel like its not a big achievement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •