Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Not doing gold pass? You get what you dont pay for!

Quote Originally Posted by t1ny View Post
    That's a good idea. At the moment I've taken matters into my own hands and am using my ad blockers to wipe toxic threads from my screen forever. The forum has been ridiculous in the last few months.
    Really? I'd give it maybe a b+ for crazy level. Now, when project blue skies drops (and even before as hints arrive), I expect it to rival the firestorm surrounding the infamous December update.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I am so over this foolishness. Honestly - I think there needs to be a new sub-forum called, “Rants”, and anytime one of these ridiculous threads are posted, it should be moved there to die so we can actually discuss matters of merit and interest.

OP - when you grow up, you might finally understand.

Multiple reductions in costs/timers, the addition of magic items, CGs, CWL, a new medal rewards system that strongly favors the player, and now even more resources/magic items being given away. Yet somehow, when the company introduces a product that costs a pittance and offers even more resources at a price far less than ever before available, it’s a cash grab and shows a lack of appreciation of the player.

Utterly ridiculous. I’m out - you guys can keep trying to get through to this one.
    The F2P crowd overestimate their importance to the game. It’s the 21st century - it would take little more than an afternoon to create a program that creates and plays thousands of games. NPC bases can be dispatched to cover raids, and the amount of resources available tightly controlled to manage progress. TBH, I’m surprised SC never took the game to a P2P/P2W model. The things they’ve done over the last two years shows a commitment to NOT go that route.

The reason I would like to see a rants sub-forum is to remove rants to a place where they do not fester rancor among the forum base. Unfortunately, when these topics come up, they must be responded to; all that is needed for ignorance to grow and prosper is for those with knowledge to not partake in the conversation. Poisoned thoughts infect a community and spread like a cancer until they become the norm. It’s one of the reasons we have so many problems - REAL problems - in western society today. Better to relegate this nonsense to the sewer where it can flow away from the community and be processed accordingly.
    Noc, I did respect your input in the other thread, but here you just turned being plain toxic, which is a shame

Tl;dr to all your comments. Yay to reduction in costs! Thank God I don't have to actually play this game for so long, it's such a waste of time. Instead I can just pay my way to the top and concentrate on paying for my subscription to Google, Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, Hotmail...

I used to spend so much time attacking other opponents and earning gold and elixir and progressing my base. What a fool I am! I could've just bought my way to the top, completed it and left .

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Noc, I did respect your input in the other thread, but here you just turned being plain toxic, which is a shame
    I can see where Noc is coming from. And it does relate to this thread, at least obliquely. Just as there have been the flame wars fought with religious vigor over maxer / rusher, there has been a conflict vs f2p and gemmers / spenders. I've seen it here and in other games. Some, by no means all, but some f2p equate actually spending money as a sin greater than eating your young. The idea that you cannot get something, even a decoration, with free currency violates their archer queen given rights to have everything someone who pays a bit has. Both f2p and p2p are vital to the game. However, there is nothing wrong with playing either way. I can completely understand the I can't afford it, I prefer the challenge of not spending it up and other very reasonable reasons to not spend. The I'm morally superior to you dirty spenders attitude frequently displayed, not so much.

As far as the long lost purpose of the op, I'm still not sure of the point. I think it was intended to be stop showing the gold tier to silver players so they don't feel bad? Marketing 101. Show the bling to bring in the green.

Last, a rant sub forum? Pretty sure that's general. And as long as people care enough to rant, even if they are nutcases who dare to disagree with me, more power to them.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Veteran
    The F2P crowd overestimate their importance to the game. Itís the 21st century - it would take little more than an afternoon to create a program that creates and plays thousands of games. NPC bases can be dispatched to cover raids, and the amount of resources available tightly controlled to manage progress. TBH, Iím surprised SC never took the game to a P2P/P2W model. The things theyíve done over the last two years shows a commitment to NOT go that route.
    TBH i hav seen many spenders overestimate their importance to the game here on forums on contrary to that, i hav also seen many f2p players overestimate their importance to the game in many clans i hav been in. so it depends upon person to person you cant group them all and say one is doing it wrong.

after all we are all just playing a game(weather u play free or spend) what is there to overestimate about? are we doing something good for humanity here?

from a player's perspective, you just play the game however you want to enjoy it but from a developer's perspective, both f2p community & spending community should hold equal importance at least IMO.

to your 2nd point that you being surprised that SC did not take a p2p/p2w model yet, may be thats why coc is so successful after so many years behind it. in freemium, thats a hude deal imo. and coc being an older SC game yet still ahead of a newer SC game like CR on top charts should prove it i think.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwp721 View Post
    Why even say that?

CWL now 15x or 30x, new troop levels, free trap and defense reloading, new defense levels, replacement method for absent leaders, faster less expensive upgrades, etc.. this update was so much more.
    Because people who refuse to pay are somehow deserving of the same benefits as those who do.

Yeah. Makes no sense but that thought process seems to be common lately.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by tommycaod View Post
    Tl;dr to all your comments. Yay to reduction in costs! Thank God I don't have to actually play this game for so long, it's such a waste of time. Instead I can just pay my way to the top and concentrate on paying for my subscription to Google, Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, Hotmail...

I used to spend so much time attacking other opponents and earning gold and elixir and progressing my base. What a fool I am! I could've just bought my way to the top, completed it and left .
    If there was anything deserving of rolling eyes and general mocking/disdain, it would be Tl; dr.

Typically used by those of minimal attention span and consequentially, limited bank accounts.
    Last edited by Nuitari; April 6th, 2019 at 01:58 AM.

Centennial Club
    I am so over this foolishness. Honestly - I think there needs to be a new sub-forum called, ďRantsĒ, and anytime one of these ridiculous threads are posted, it should be moved there to die so we can actually discuss matters of merit and interest.

OP - when you grow up, you might finally understand.

Multiple reductions in costs/timers, the addition of magic items, CGs, CWL, a new medal rewards system that strongly favors the player, and now even more resources/magic items being given away. Yet somehow, when the company introduces a product that costs a pittance and offers even more resources at a price far less than ever before available, itís a cash grab and shows a lack of appreciation of the player.

Utterly ridiculous. Iím out - you guys can keep trying to get through to this one.

Maybe it is you who needs to grow up and show more respect to others. If you dont like it,dont read it. If this was not such a divisive issue then it wouldnt have had so many responses..

There is nothing here that ive said that has been insulting but obviously there are others who are not so mature that they have to resort to insults or slurs..grow up!

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #189
    I think itís high time to end the fighting as we are really running around in circles in this thread.

If you want the pass and rewards then buy it, if you do not or cannot then donít.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG