Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Not doing gold pass? You get what you dont pay for!

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    You seriously dont get it do you. I have no qualms from spending money from time to time,and have done so! However, this looks like sc is being more pushy on getting people to part with their cash.

looks like lots here defending sc on this rather than querying their new gold pass money making schene? Hmmm!
    Look at it this way - you have more today, for free, than you did yesterday. Yet you're complaining because they're selling things above and beyond that as well?

It comes off the way it does when one of my kids complains about one of their siblings getting presents on their birthday. And we broke them of that habit before they were school age.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Look at it this way - you have more today, for free, than you did yesterday. Yet you're complaining because they're selling things above and beyond that as well?
    This. A thousand times, this.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by k3rnelp View Post
    The only stupid thing of this challenge Is....waiting 5 day for other challenge...

I was hoping there were no hard caps. but seems as though I am not in the majority.

I reluctantly admit that I kinda figured it would be this way.

you can sprint through the first tier, or so, of tasks; but you cant make a sprint to the END. which is sad (not soul crushing, just a bit... disappointing I am -we are- restricted in advancement pace. This is a big turn off for the BH base *FOR ME* too). I mean its paid content; when I P2P I want to play as much as my time permits. Its hard to believe this was not discussed at length when the devs came up with the P2P model..

on a positive note, I know that I can get/grind for the skin on my primary alt with out worry how 'hard' it will be to grind out 2 BK skins in a season. cpl sets of weekly dashes.

Clash on Clashers

The skin of shame

There does seem to be a bit of a stigma among clans towards though who have paid to progress. The skin does nothing but show you as someone who has paid there way rather than played their way. I like not having the skin. My heros wear bare with pride.
    Last edited by NicKarla; April 2nd, 2019 at 07:04 PM.

No, alot of us get it. SC is a business and without people spending money, we don't get new content. They came up with a creative way to help people move along in the game faster without spending money. And a faster way for a small fee, how is this different from buying a 99$ value pack?
    Apollo the Bear #2R2LJQGG
    TH 12 AQ 65 BK 65 GW 40
    Bob Wills #9GCG9Q28
    TH 12 AQ 56 BK 51 GW 22
    Xit Woundz #PYJRUJQL

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    A lot of kids these days have no respect, patience or gratitude. I blame their parents.
    I blame actually f2p games that only sell cosmetics instead of gating faster progression behind paywalls...
    TH12 - Max heroes, max walls (hitting master league bases, GiBoVaWitch, sometimes collector raids, sometimes QW, mass goblins during the first month-ish of th12, mass miner when that got old, nothing to see).
    People keep using the word "adapt" after big updates. Not adapting worked maybe too well for me, tho.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by NicKarla View Post
    There does seem to be a bit of a stigma among clans towards though who have paid to progress. The skin does nothing but show you as someone who has paid there way rather than played their way. I like not having the skin. My heros wear bare with pride.
    I don't get how people "supporting this game" with real money is a bad thing.

after all the folks paying for the gold pass(and the gem crew) are essentially footing the bill for you "Bare" skin folks to have the option to play for FREE..
    SMDH

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Himewad View Post
    OP has the most appropriate name ever
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    You seriously dont get it do you. I have no qualms from spending money from time to time,and have done so! However, this looks like sc is being more pushy on getting people to part with their cash.

looks like lots here defending sc on this rather than querying their new gold pass money making schene? Hmmm!
    How is sc becoming more pushy. They are giving millions of loot, some potions and a book of heroes for free. This allows free players to advance faster reducing the need for spending.

In addition, the gold pad itself has amazing value. I know of people who spend 20-25 bucks a month gemming troops and donations. Now you only have to spend 5 bucks and get 1 gem donations plus faster training, building and research. Additionally, they reduced upgrade times allowing people to progress even faster. Everything about this update speeds up progression and thus reduces the need for spending. Stop complaining about getting more free stuff.

I have no opinion either way on the gold pass, I don't have enough information to form an opinion.