Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder/Training/Research Boosts and Existing Research

Pro Member
    That’s the issue .. everything I read said the boost would apply to existing research and builds .... a one season boost would be gutted if it didn’t apply to existing activities

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    What Darian has said about this in one of the earlier stickies is that research times are affected: IF the timer is longer than the reduction would be, it is (or should be) changed, if the timer [remaining time that is] is shorter, the shorter time is kept
    Ok, i have tested this. That Darian message is true only on changes made by update.

But. Bonus % you get with gold pass work only on things you do AFTER getting that bonus. For examble: I started AT upgrade (12 days). It went down to 11d 15h when i got 10% builder bonus and stsyed there. Anyways new AT upgrade countdown started from 10d 19h.

Edit. Another examble. I started witch upgrade right after game update. The got later 10% reseach bonus from gold pass road. Witch research time was still more than it could have been if i started it after getting bonus.
    Last edited by Kaagelus; April 3rd, 2019 at 08:08 PM.

it may not work on already started upgrades but then it will work for the following upgrades, even the 14day upgrade you start April 30th. Much easier to program and easier to understand, consider it an extra gift when they reduce the time for an already started upgrade.
    The alternative would be to reduce time of upgrades, but only during g the month and then increase time after April 30th. And then there is still the issue with the price!

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaagelus View Post
    Ok, i have tested this. That Darian message is true only on changes made by update.

But. Bonus % you get with gold pass work only on things you do AFTER getting that bonus. For examble: I started AT upgrade (12 days). It went down to 11d 15h when i got 10% builder bonus and stsyed there. Anyways new AT upgrade countdown started from 10d 19h.
    ouch ... so I have almost 11 days left on a level 7 dragon and get no benefit from a research boost that I earned until the month is almost half over ?? The research boost was the thing that enticed me to buy the gold pass !!

Forum Elder
    What i have learned, it better hold on for upgrade a bit, if you are close to next bonus level. After getting that bonus, you''ll save time & resources.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Flubber41 View Post
    ouch ... so I have almost 11 days left on a level 7 dragon and get no benefit from a research boost that I earned until the month is almost half over ?? The research boost was the thing that enticed me to buy the gold pass !!
    Sad but true. Good thing is that you can put on new research even on last day and get max bonus even season resets.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaagelus View Post
    Sad but true. Good thing is that you can put on new research even on last day and get max bonus even season resets.
    If you are correct and it’s a “research time reduction applicable at the start of research only “ that can work .. I will just try to time things to start my longest research possible on the last day of this season and learn a lesson for future seasons .

Your characterization fits what I see to date but it doesn’t really fit with the in game wording describing the perk as something that ends at the end of the season. Or the wording of it as a research boost .. since most boosts in this game make timers move faster it was reasonable to expect this would be similar

Exclamation Darian quietly updated the Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakL View Post
    Darian said:

Q: If I unlock the Research Boost in the Gold Tier, does this speed up upgrades already in progress?
    A: Yes. If you unlock the Research Boost in the Season Challenges, it applies to both upgrades already in progress and upgrades you start after you unlock the Boost. However, due to how the timer functions, it won't show the correct discounted time until you close the app and open it again.
    In a sneaky move Darian has quietly removed this section from his Q&A without further announcement or explanation.

Maybe because it was false as the Boost doesn't work this way.

-- marrvin

Fresh Spawn

Is the Season Challenges Boosts (builder Boost, Laboratory Boost Etc.) Permanent?

The season challenges just came out and i'm wondering if the boost that you get on the gold pass challenges are permanently active or does it reset back to normal when this season is finish? please help.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #80
    These boosts end when the season is over.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG