Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Machine is OP now

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    I don't know why you would never upgrade the BM, its not like this game is set in stone. You would have to consider the fact they may change things like they have and now you sit on a pile of regret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Early play...I’m liking It. Definitely not OP - as I said in my early review, there’s still plenty to take down the BM and he still goes to a Crusher like a moth to flame. At least now he has an actual use though - no more being taken out before he even gets into the fight...

As to those who never upgraded it...why on earth would you not? I get not upgrading it right away, but never at all?
    Well I started playing again in december (when I played before the builder base didn’t exist). I am BH8 since a week or two, as I rushed it really hard because it is more profitable to rush rather than to max out every hall. Meanwhile I was maxing only 1 strategy, bombarian. At this moment my barbs are level 14 and my bombers level 10. I have some other troops level 2,8,10 but nothing worked as well as bombarian. I unlocked the BM but wasn’t impressed by the pathing nor the weaknesses against the giant cannon, which explains why I didn’t upgrade him

I currently have 2 goals:
    - Maxing out the builder hall ASAP so I caught up somewhat with everyone once BH9 is introduced
    - Getting the 1000 gems for the get 3000 trophies achievement

This update ruins my plans a bit as I was like 50 trophies away from the 3000 gems but I have fallen down back to around 2600 trophies now. My BM has become a little bit more valuable than before but I regularly meet people with a lvl 20 or 25 BM and they saw a huge power increase by the GC nerf. I don’t know what they are doing in this trophy range but they are there, lol. And while I would win against players like that with my rushed (defenses) base and bombarian army and weak BM, that’s no longer possible as the BM now can wreck a huge part of my base.

To illustrate this: a couple of days ago I was attacked by a night witch spammer (lvl 16) and a maxed BM. He got 60 percent + 2 stars but I won thanks to percentage. Today I was attacked in the exact same way with a similar witch and BM deployment. My base got a bit stronger since then but was easily 3 starred this time. This will probably happen a lot more in the coming days and weeks.

But like I said, it’s my own fault . I just wanted to explain why I didn’t upgrade my BM (just yet). Point of my topic is that the BM is much more of an asset right now than it used to be and I don’t know if it’s a good thing that the BM doesn’t have any hard counter anymore right now. But I’m sure the SC will take a look at that and has a good idea about the consequences of this change.
    Played once CoC in the past... came back on December 6, 2018, with a fresh account. Same name: RagingRabbit. TH9. Clan: ClashPros.
    Looking for a new clan. Requirements:
    • English/Dutch speaking •• Active (chat, donations, war) •• Willing to put me in CWL •
    • Would be cool to have, but not necessary: lvl 5 donation perk •

Even my Level 5 Battle Machine is sustainably stronger compared to the opponents that I faced. The only bases where I did not 2 Star were all due to the Stuck Battle Machine glitch. Gah I really want to see that glich getting fixed so that he runs wild.

If at Level 5 he is that strong, just imagine what will happen when I upgrade him to Level 25, which I started the road to max Battle Machine just now since my Star Laboratory has no upgrades left.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingRabbit View Post
    Well I started playing again in december (when I played before the builder base didn’t exist). I am BH8 since a week or two, as I rushed it really hard because it is more profitable to rush rather than to max out every hall. Meanwhile I was maxing only 1 strategy, bombarian. At this moment my barbs are level 14 and my bombers level 10. I have some other troops level 2,8,10 but nothing worked as well as bombarian. I unlocked the BM but wasn’t impressed by the pathing nor the weaknesses against the giant cannon, which explains why I didn’t upgrade him

I currently have 2 goals:
    - Maxing out the builder hall ASAP so I caught up somewhat with everyone once BH9 is introduced
    - Getting the 1000 gems for the get 3000 trophies achievement

This update ruins my plans a bit as I was like 50 trophies away from the 3000 gems but I have fallen down back to around 2600 trophies now. My BM has become a little bit more valuable than before but I regularly meet people with a lvl 20 or 25 BM and they saw a huge power increase by the GC nerf. I don’t know what they are doing in this trophy range but they are there, lol. And while I would win against players like that with my rushed (defenses) base and bombarian army and weak BM, that’s no longer possible as the BM now can wreck a huge part of my base.

To illustrate this: a couple of days ago I was attacked by a night witch spammer (lvl 16) and a maxed BM. He got 60 percent + 2 stars but I won thanks to percentage. Today I was attacked in the exact same way with a similar witch and BM deployment. My base got a bit stronger since then but was easily 3 starred this time. This will probably happen a lot more in the coming days and weeks.

But like I said, it’s my own fault . I just wanted to explain why I didn’t upgrade my BM (just yet). Point of my topic is that the BM is much more of an asset right now than it used to be and I don’t know if it’s a good thing that the BM doesn’t have any hard counter anymore right now. But I’m sure the SC will take a look at that and has a good idea about the consequences of this change.
    In your case, it makes sense your BM would be underleveled. A well designed base and leveling up the right defenses, though, will go a long way in fending off the BM. What’s your playertag?
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

In your case, it makes sense your BM would be underleveled. A well designed base and leveling up the right defenses, though, will go a long way in fending off the BM. What’s your playertag?
    #YUUR9Q2PV

My base looks terrible defensely I know . Maybe I should change the base design?
    Played once CoC in the past... came back on December 6, 2018, with a fresh account. Same name: RagingRabbit. TH9. Clan: ClashPros.
    • English/Dutch speaking •• Active (chat, donations, war) •• Willing to put me in CWL •

#YUUR9Q2PV

My base looks terrible defensely I know . Maybe I should change the base design?
    The layout itself is fine, but your key defenses...GC1, MM2, R2, MT1...and Crusher 3, DC4, plus the L3 FCs and L2 ABs....

This is the issue with hyper-rushing and why it’s not for the faint of heart. Your base is currently an easy 3-star for most players with max level troops. BM10s will waltz right through it and a max Minion Drops will wreck it even without the BM. Your own key attack comp is RB14 and L10 Bombers so you’re not going to be able to respond in kind. I’d suspect your W:L ratio is at or a little below 50% in that near-3K range.

It’s all about the key defenses. Once they hit L4, you should be able to compete around 3K more effectively. You’ll want to keep 3 base layouts available to shuffle in and out as needed as well. (I’d suggest the two you see commonly deployed on my BH8 games.) If you’re really good with Bombarian, definitely get those RBs to L16.

By way of comparison, I have 2 games living around 3400 that are L6/L7 on key defenses, L5/L6 on secondaries, L4/L5 on the rest. They’re both typically hitting 50:50 for wins and losses when I play them. (So 2500-2700 is about right for your current level of development and you’re doing fairly well.)

As for BH9, you won’t hit max BH8 before it arrives but you should be able to max key defenses, maybe even some secondaries, and get Bombarian maxed. You’re definitely a candidate for the new Gold Pass; the Runes will help get you there (probably get 3 of each before the update drops, certainly 2).
    Last edited by Noctaire; April 3rd, 2019 at 08:04 AM.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

The layout itself is fine, but your key defenses...GC1, MM2, R2, MT1...and Crusher 3, DC4, plus the L3 FCs and L2 ABs....

This is the issue with hyper-rushing and why it’s not for the faint of heart. Your base is currently an easy 3-star for most players with max level troops. BM10s will waltz right through it and a max Minion Drops will wreck it even without the BM. Your own key attack comp is RB14 and L10 Bombers so you’re not going to be able to respond in kind. I’d suspect your W:L ratio is at or a little below 50% in that near-3K range.

It’s all about the key defenses. Once they hit L4, you should be able to compete around 3K more effectively. You’ll want to keep 3 base layouts available to shuffle in and out as needed as well. (I’d suggest the two you see commonly deployed on my BH8 games.) If you’re really good with Bombarian, definitely get those RBs to L16.

By way of comparison, I have 2 games living around 3400 that are L6/L7 on key defenses, L5/L6 on secondaries, L4/L5 on the rest. They’re both typically hitting 50:50 for wins and losses when I play them. (So 2500-2700 is about right for your current level of development and you’re doing fairly well.)

As for BH9, you won’t hit max BH8 before it arrives but you should be able to max key defenses, maybe even some secondaries, and get Bombarian maxed. You’re definitely a candidate for the new Gold Pass; the Runes will help get you there (probably get 3 of each before the update drops, certainly 2).
    Thanks a lot! I didn’t expect such a thoroughly thought out answer. I know my base is pretty rubbish right now and working on it. Glad you could give me some direction because I’m just upgrading randomly things as I don’t really know what are the most important defensive buildings.

Now the Giant Cannon doesn’t hurt the BM as much anymore, is it still what you call a “key defense”? I feel like it has pretty bad damage output and as long as I don’t put down my barbs all in once place it doesn’t do much. It’s only level 1 of course so that doesn’t say much, I’d suspect. I wanted to upgrade the roaster first because it’s the defense I fear most with my bombarian strategy, would that be a good way to handle things in short term?

I think I’m going to bring my BM to level 5 first to unlock the ability, and then work on my raged barbarians and eventually bombers (even though I think lvl 10’s have 90 percent of the max value, I might be wrong). I’m now around 2700 trophies and am having now around 50 percent winrate so I guess that’s the place where I belong for the next weeks.

Talking about the gold pass, I bought it already . Will be very useful for both my home village and builders base.Looking forward to get those builder base runes. The game is definitely more fun now compared to when I played it before, around 2015!
    Last edited by RagingRabbit; April 3rd, 2019 at 09:09 AM.

Forum Veteran
    ...I think I’m going to bring my BM to level 5 first to unlock the ability, and then work on my raged barbarians and eventually bombers (even though I think lvl 10’s have 90 percent of the max value, I might be wrong)...
    BM to 5 certainly is your top priority. Keep the lab ticking over, if you can, but all your lix needs to go to the BM for the moment. Dump gold into walls to prevent overflowing between BM upgrades.

RB's are +5 in camps at level 14, a huge bump in overall firepower, even if each unit isn't much stronger. Keep an eye on capacity thresholds for all troops.

Towards the end of the month, if you still haven't cracked 3k, use a power potion to max out your troops. Use a CT potion too, to get maximum benefit. The 2k gems will help you spend your gold pass loot & get you well down the track on next season's challenges.

---

I haven't checked since the update, but if you do a regular CT boost followed up with a potion, the CT was good for another free boost even though 40x8, 320 minutes is 1h40m short of 7 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    BM to 5 certainly is your top priority. Keep the lab ticking over, if you can, but all your lix needs to go to the BM for the moment. Dump gold into walls to prevent overflowing between BM upgrades.

RB's are +5 in camps at level 14, a huge bump in overall firepower, even if each unit isn't much stronger. Keep an eye on capacity thresholds for all troops.

Towards the end of the month, if you still haven't cracked 3k, use a power potion to max out your troops. Use a CT potion too, to get maximum benefit. The 2k gems will help you spend your gold pass loot & get you well down the track on next season's challenges.

---

I haven't checked since the update, but if you do a regular CT boost followed up with a potion, the CT was good for another free boost even though 40x8, 320 minutes is 1h40m short of 7 hours.
    Thanks for you input! My RB’s are already lvl 14 and I’m going to bring those to lvl 16 for sure. Not sure about the bombers after level 10, but they will eventually getting there too (I’m not really a fan of flying units in the builders base, guess it’s just me as I only tried the babydragon and minion so far).

BM will go to level 4 in a couple of minutes so the ability isn’t that far away anymore! I’ll your other tips in mind once I get there.

Glad everyone here is so helpful!

Thanks a lot! I didn’t expect such a thoroughly thought out answer. I know my base is pretty rubbish right now and working on it. Glad you could give me some direction because I’m just upgrading randomly things as I don’t really know what are the most important defensive buildings.

Now the Giant Cannon doesn’t hurt the BM as much anymore, is it still what you call a “key defense”? I feel like it has pretty bad damage output and as long as I don’t put down my barbs all in once place it doesn’t do much. It’s only level 1 of course so that doesn’t say much, I’d suspect. I wanted to upgrade the roaster first because it’s the defense I fear most with my bombarian strategy, would that be a good way to handle things in short term?

I think I’m going to bring my BM to level 5 first to unlock the ability, and then work on my raged barbarians and eventually bombers (even though I think lvl 10’s have 90 percent of the max value, I might be wrong). I’m now around 2700 trophies and am having now around 50 percent winrate so I guess that’s the place where I belong for the next weeks.

Talking about the gold pass, I bought it already . Will be very useful for both my home village and builders base.Looking forward to get those builder base runes. The game is definitely more fun now compared to when I played it before, around 2015!
    I have some articles/videos up with suggested upgrade order and the reasoning behind it.

The MM and Roaster are at the top of the list because they do splash damage and will trash ground troops as well as Beta Minions. I always hit the Roaster first then the MM, and I cycle through the defenses to level them up.

The GC and MT (as well as the HTs) work against ground (well...and air for the MT/HTs), but both help out particularly well against CCs. Even though you’re not using them, they’re usually pretty common.

The biggest threats to the BM are the Crushers and the DCs. The key defenses do it a fair amount of damage as well, but the Crushers and DCs are where it takes the biggest hit.

I’ll usually keep an eye on the types of attacks I’m seeing to determine my upgrade order. I have a basic order (as I mention above andnin my articles), but I’ll switch things up a little if I see one attack becoming more common. Likewise, traps/mines...those are for in between times when they cost little then get put off until the end. I also get my walls to L3 early on and use Wall Rings to upgrade them from there until I hit end-game where I have no structures/troops/BM to upgrade at which point I use the resources as well.

The game has come leaps and bounds from 2015; happy to see you’ve made your way back!
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

I wouldn't say BM is anywhere near OP, but he is definitely "useful" now. You still have to watch out for the double-cannons, crushers, and that damn MT, but BM actually lasts a little ways into the attack now so its possible to get a little tanking out of him (as opposed to before where he lasted all of 2 seconds if he engaged the GC at the wrong time). He is definitely part of the planning process of attacking now so yea, guess its time to start level'ing up your BM OP.

...and adding to that, Noctaire and Kaledonian are right. Get your BM to lvl5 asap to unlock his ability (HUGE offensive buff) and start working on getting your defenses to lvl4 (especially the main turrets; GC, MM, roaster, crushers...). I would also pick a single offensive strategy to focus on level'ing those troops up first. In regards to getting a "max'ed out" attack somewhat quickly so you can compete with the higher ups (AFTER BM to lvl5 of course), I would recommend bombarian-carts (I used 3 camps barbs, 2 camps carts, 1 for bombers). Start with barbs as they give you a big offensive boost (for relatively little elixir), then carts, then bombers (so long as you have four bombers unlocked for 1 camp - lvl10 maybe?). It takes some time to max out any army, but I found this one to be relatively quick to max and fairly strong (not the strongest maybe, but a well-rounded army). I'd also highly recommend some of Noctaire's videos if you're interested in getting a bit serious with BB; great sources of information.
    Last edited by Nutty31383; April 3rd, 2019 at 02:01 PM.