Thread: Really annoying fact

Troll Food

Really annoying fact

Hi,
    I want to ask you all, the defination of a "Good Attack".
    Let me answer, a good attack means, #"Maximum destruction with minimum of troops deployed"#.
    Above, should be the golden line for a CLASH OF CLANS player. Some may not agree, but no doubt, it's the fact. This should be declared the official apophthegm of CoC.
    And, no doubt I follow this. But, the absence of a feature in the game makes this thought, very hard to follow & that feature is that, whenever, I do maximum destruction with minimum troops & spells, the remaining troops & spells combine with the previous army & distort the entire combo, which is a painful thorn in the foot. I need to delete all the saved troops & spells of the previous battle & this is very-very annoying. And, this thorn penetrate's even harder when it comes about removing expensive & unwant'd Siege Machines from the army. SUPERCELL please do something regarding this ASAP. I know it would be hard as you all as there may be having different plans for updates going on in your lab, but this one is as important as that "Tab selection for deploying troops" update, which you gave us in the near past.
    This feature is also very-very important & should be implement'd ASAP.
    THANK U!!!

Millennial Club
    Your definition is only one of many and the only factual part of your definition is that you believe it is the correct one. There might be others who say it is the attack that is completed the fastest. Others may say it is the attack that was successfully executed according to the plan.

All that aside, what exactly do you want SC to do when you dont use all your troops in an attack? Do you want them to go back 8nto the war camps and mess up your next army? Do you want them deleted and if so what about their cost? Your suggestion needs some more fleshing out so others can comment more reasonably.

Troll Food
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Your definition is only one of many and the only factual part of your definition is that you believe it is the correct one. There might be others who say it is the attack that is completed the fastest. Others may say it is the attack that was successfully executed according to the plan.

All that aside, what exactly do you want SC to do when you dont use all your troops in an attack? Do you want them to go back 8nto the war camps and mess up your next army? Do you want them deleted and if so what about their cost? Your suggestion needs some more fleshing out so others can comment more reasonably.
    I'm not refuting other definations, but this one has least chances of faults. As though that defination, in which 'to execute the attack successfully as per plan...', but there are chances that someone does the same, but with a very cheap army combo but you did it with the 'Electro-Dragons' 😨, the most expensive elixir troop. What would you give your opinion on tie breaker, as both did 100% but the other did with some very wierd cheap army.
    For the 2nd point, that 'the attack which was fastest...' in this, CoC game does'nt gives any bonus for completing attacks fastest, all it's bonuses & wins are based on destruct'n % & stars & how much loot you gain'd, as the loot gain'd is itself a sort of bonus. So, finishing the attack fastest does'nt mayters the most, rather finishing in in the stipulated time of 2 mins. matters, not how less one takes as taking less time does'nt awards you anything and as said loot & trophies & % matters the most in the game.
    Also, there is no (serious) player in the game who never found the need of faeming. Farming is for maxing the base & each(serious) player is bound to farm & so for that he/she needs to save as much as loot & to get trophies also(if possible) & so for saving the loot we need to save our troops & spells & use theis cheapest combination to get maximum stars & the %(100%, 3⭐ is their main aim with least expensive army).
    Now, for the solution part, I'm able to see one 2 ways out of this, firsty, lock the new army & secondly, give option to edit it(with refund) & the 1st one, I'm finding the more effective solution to this.
    AND, THNX FOR UR REPLY & CONCERN, & SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH ABOVE. HAVE A GOOD DAY.

Millennial Club
    There is no tie breaker needed. If both score the same stars, then it goes to %. if both got the same stars and % then it is a tie.
    Speed, troop composition, troop cost are not factors that are or should be part of any tiebreaking. How or why you farm is meaningless in terms of a “good” attack. A tie is a real thing, no less real than a win or a loss.

In terms of solution, I am actually ok with either of your suggestions, as I have never really worried about getting troops returned, I drop them all but if you want to do it on the cheap, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonymous View Post
    Hi,
    I want to ask you all, the defination of a "Good Attack".
    Let me answer, a good attack means, #"Maximum destruction with minimum of troops deployed"#.
    Above, should be the golden line for a CLASH OF CLANS player. Some may not agree, but no doubt, it's the fact.
    If it was a fact, then there would be no disagreement, other than from people who don’t know the truth/fact. What you have stated is an opinion, not a fact, and it is not an opinion I agree with. I definitely do not agree that the amount of troops used (or the amount of time used, that is another common suggestion like yours) would be useful as a factor in the success of the attack.

As for your army training suggestion, I do agree that sometimes is annoying. What I try to do is put the troops that I use for clean-up at the end of the que. For example, if I have a baby dragon and some archers to pick off some percentage late and I don’t always use them, I put them at the back of my que. That way, if I don’t use them, those are also the troops that don’t release into my next army.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Banned
    Same with spells. In Hog-N-Heal I put my poison at the end off my spell queue. This way if I don't use it (or even all my heels) they don't cost me anything. I build my next army around the remnants of the last or just delete my remnants and Quick Train my next army.

My army comp is 1 Golem, 10 Wizard, 32 Hogs, 10 archers, 5 Heal, 1 Poison.

I deploy Golem (followed by Wrecker, King, Queen) an arc of wizards behind the tanks to funnel trash, then the hogs once the CC pops out, gets Poisoned and dispatched by Q and W's. Archers are cleanup and sometimes not deployed.

But, since I know the Golem, Hogs, and Wizards are *always* deployed, these are first in my training queue. Then archers are last. Cheap troop, sure, but no sense screwing up the army that comes out of the barracks with too many archers and the Golem stuck in the barracks still (which is how SC arranges it on Quick Train).

As for a *perfect* attack, it depends what I am attacking and the purpose.

On a raid, I'm attacking for resources, so "All the Loot and a Star" is my motto. As long as I get fat loot and don't lose trophies, that's perfect.

In war, 3* is perfect unless I am looting a much higher base after we have sealed the deal. Then 1* is just as "perfect" as a 3* because the war win loot is the same.

And in war, I'm trying to crush my opponent's will to continue fighting. I don't care if I "waste" troops and overkill the base. In fact, I have a [jerk] move where I swag an unused Poison on the rubble of their TH so it laughs at them as the last buildings fall to a "PERFECT" 3*....

Troop economy be damned.

Troll Food
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There is no tie breaker needed. If both score the same stars, then it goes to %. if both got the same stars and % then it is a tie.
    Speed, troop composition, troop cost are not factors that are or should be part of any tiebreaking. How or why you farm is meaningless in terms of a “good” attack. A tie is a real thing, no less real than a win or a loss.

In terms of solution, I am actually ok with either of your suggestions, as I have never really worried about getting troops returned, I drop them all but if you want to do it on the cheap, good for you.
    I think you caught-up the misinterpretition of the term 'tie-breaker', I used above. Bye saying 'tie-breaker' above, I did'nt mean the tie breaker for winning a war or a normal attack. Here, the 'tie-breaker', I used is referred for us(real life), I mean(let me state an example) two players A & B, in a clan XYZ opt'd Friendly Challenge against each other. Both got 100% 3⭐(both were sam TH. level & same defence level & troop & spells level), but one used maxed e-drags(most powerful troops) & the 2nd guy used, "suppose" Golem & Wizard<not ver strong army at that TH>. Which player will the clanmates appreciate, A or B. As A used the most powerful ones & B did the same job with the ordinary old troops, which are nothing before the e-drag(remember both have same th. & defences & troops)? Obviously the 2nd one would have also used E-drags, but he usd tghe old army, so his(B) skills would have been better than A. So, in the views of the clanmates, B is a better attacker & planner as he did'nt used the most dangerous troops(e-drags) hapazardsy spamming & getting 3⭐s. So, 'tie-breaker' here is not the game's AI program of deciding the winner, but here it means which attacker will the other players appreciate.
    I hope, it's now clear, what I meant by saying 'TIE-BREAKER).
    THNX for replying!
    Last edited by Xonymous; April 2nd, 2019 at 06:14 AM.