Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonus medals in CWL for 30v30 vs 15v15

Forum Veteran

Bonus medals in CWL for 30v30 vs 15v15

Last I heard there would be no expansion of bonus medals in the newer 30v30 format. Meaning only 9 people in a 30v30 CWL war will get bonus medals. Whereas two 15v15 CWL wars can have 9 people each get bonus'.

Is that still true (or was it ever true)?
    SC: Oh - You wanted to play the game the way we designed it but cant because of a bug? Too bad.
    ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH12.

Centennial Club
    Whatís the issue with that pick your best 9 players over one cwl they canít add. Ore or clans would drop to farm medals

Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    Last I heard there would be no expansion of bonus medals in the newer 30v30 format. Meaning only 9 people in a 30v30 CWL war will get bonus medals. Whereas two 15v15 CWL wars can have 9 people each get bonus'.

Is that still true (or was it ever true)?
    maybe you read the new designed medal reward.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...and-Top-Scores

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    maybe you read the new designed medal reward.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...and-Top-Scores
    Yes, I read that. I dont see anything in his original post about the bonus medals awarded at end of CWL. At this point, I dont remember where I read that comment.
    SC: Oh - You wanted to play the game the way we designed it but cant because of a bug? Too bad.

Yes, I read that. I dont see anything in his original post about the bonus medals awarded at end of CWL. At this point, I dont remember where I read that comment.
    Just click on the emoticon at the right top of the post and you'll go from SC staff post to SC staff post... within a few posts you'll find Darian posting the following

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Bonus Stars are applied to the Clan as a whole so are unaffected. Bonus Medals are still awarded at the end of the League and the amounts still remain the same.
    AFAIK that hasn't changed since then

Yeah ... stupid reward system. They give us 30v30 but we still need two 15v15 clans if we want the maximum amount of medals lol
    Last edited by Colin94; April 1st, 2019 at 02:06 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Just click on the emoticon at the right top of the post and you'll go from SC staff post to SC staff post... within a few posts you'll find Darian posting the following

AFAIK that hasn't changed since then
    Neat trick - thanks.

So - even though its a 30v30, only 9 people will get bonus. If we have enough to do a 30v30, why not split into two groups and do two 15v15s? We can push and farm medals at the same time so why let 9 people lose out on bonus?

Forum Veteran
    So - even though its a 30v30, only 9 people will get bonus. If we have enough to do a 30v30, why not split into two groups and do two 15v15s? We can push and farm medals at the same time so why let 9 people lose out on bonus?
    In our clan, it's a decision made by the lowest 15 of the 30: go with the higher clan in order to get more overall medals, or go with the lower clan in order to have a higher chance of getting bonus medals? For our two clans in M3 and G2, the difference is around 130 medals, so everyone whose account is big enough to compete in M3 (fingers crossed) is going there.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    In our clan, it's a decision made by the lowest 15 of the 30: go with the higher clan in order to get more overall medals, or go with the lower clan in order to have a higher chance of getting bonus medals? For our two clans in M3 and G2, the difference is around 130 medals, so everyone whose account is big enough to compete in M3 (fingers crossed) is going there.
    We have two clans at the same Crystal I level, so we'll likely get the same medals whether we run two 15v15s or a single 30v30. The key difference will be we can award 18 people across the two clans with bonus medals vs only 9 in the 30v30 war.

We already made the decision to go with two clans. At this point my comment is simply that only letting 9 people receive bonus medals in the 30v30 makes zero sense.

Millennial Club
    We have two clans at the same Crystal I level, so we'll likely get the same medals whether we run two 15v15s or a single 30v30. The key difference will be we can award 18 people across the two clans with bonus medals vs only 9 in the 30v30 war.

We already made the decision to go with two clans. At this point my comment is simply that only letting 9 people receive bonus medals in the 30v30 makes zero sense.
    It makes perfect sense to me. Play the game your way, if you believe playing as a team is more important, then do 30/30. if you believe medal farming is more important then do 15/15. The choice is entirely up to you. i think it is nice to have options.