Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonus medals in CWL for 30v30 vs 15v15

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Some will go higher, some won't. You can see that clearly as a simple example. If you have 500 clans who up until now have all been 15 v 15 and they are all in Crystal 2. Some will promote to Crystal 1, some will demote to Crystal 3. The only thing which determines whether you will go higher or lower is your relative strength compared to the other clans you compete with. You can only compare the 30 v 30 strength with other 30 v 30 clans. So if you ignore the clans in say Master 1 (because you can't promote a 30 to Champ 3), you'll see clans evening out.

This season won't show us anything really. You should expect to see about 25% of clans go lower as 30s, 25% go higher, and 50% stay the same (given the rough distributions of promotions and demotions.

What will ultimately determine if you can go higher or lower as a 15 v 30 will really be WHICH clans participate in 30 v 30 and their current tiers. Again, for example, if the ONLY clans who participated are all clans from Master 2. What you will find is clans can go higher in 15 because the "evening out" that happens in the ladder pushes more clans down and fewer clans up. Since you're no longer locked into player only 1 sizing though, you won't really know the impact until significantly down the road (as opposed to this season, this season you will have a very predictable pattern of promotions/demotions...but if you think you can draw predictions because all clans that did 30s are Master 2, any predictions will only hold true if clans in other tiers join in the same proportion as this season...which doesn't seem super likely given how new this is).
    agree. Basically, anyone that goes with 30v this time around, will be doing the 2/4/2 routine, same as always in the middle tiers. But I feel people are more trying to focus on the 30v break downs, rather than how many will promote etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Agreed. If I had to guess, I would guess most clans will be able to go higher than they think in 30v30. This is based only on my own observation of a small sample size, but it seems everyone that discusses it says something like “but we’d have to add in a bunch of th9s” or th8s or whatever is considered “low” to them. Time will tell.
    This is my guess too.
    My thought is that the heavier rosters are already competitive at 15v, so may be reluctant to chance a more mixed hall 30v.
    But I do feel, for those that are more prone to being "outmatched" in their tier, they have little to lose by stretching it to a 30.

Therefore, my belief is that 15v will get heavier around the crystal and above tiers, maybe even gold 1.
    And the lighter, more mixed hall rosters, will be trying the 30v.
    If I am wrong, we will have 30 disappointed accounts in just over a weeks time.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 1st, 2019 at 10:56 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    This season won't show us anything really. You should expect to see about 25% of clans go lower as 30s, 25% go higher, and 50% stay the same (given the rough distributions of promotions and demotions.
    What I expect it to show us is if the average base size in 30v30 matches is heavier or lighter than the average base size in 15v15 matches, in that same tier.

For example, my clan in M3 will be adding a bunch of 10s and a couple 9s to our lineup to do 30v30. If we were doing 15v15 with 6 th10 and a th9 I would expect us to do very poorly in M3. But I am guessing that the 30v30 lineup in M3 will be lighter on the average than the 15v15 lineup.

I agree that behavior and clan composition could change radically between seasons. Of course, that's already the case.

We have alot of players for CWL, probably around 70 or 80 accounts that will participate. We also have a bunch of clans to choose from for CWL, we have 1 Crystal 2, 2 Crystal 3, 1 Gold 1, 1 Gold 3, 1 Silver 3, 2 Silver 2, and 1 Bronze 3

So that is 9 clans spanning from Crystal 2, down to Bronze 3 to choose from.

Our Sister clan where all our TH12's and TH11's are housed is in Crystal 3 so I am thinking I will run a 15 man war there and push, and do a 30 man war in Crystal 2. The very low accounts we will have to run in a lower clan to make sure they are able to gain atleast 8 stars each.

I think we could possibly split the 30 man into 2 smaller clans and do about as many medals to win more wars but I am genuinely curious what kind of line-ups we would see in 30 man Crystal 2.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; April 2nd, 2019 at 12:51 AM.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Increase the number of bonuses for 30 vs 30 cwl

30 vs 30 needs to get more bonuses (double) since there are more number of stakeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by akashrsgh View Post
    30 vs 30 needs to get more bonuses (double) since there are more number of stakeholders.
    The counter to that is there also are more total medals going to the clan in 30v30 since there are more players taking part.

However, I know some clans will split into two 15v15 clans in order to maximize the medals, so that could be an issue to consider. I don't know if there is enough of that to be much of a problem, though.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by akashrsgh View Post
    I absolutely agree. Kinda hard to believe SC didnít up the bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The counter to that is there also are more total medals going to the clan in 30v30 since there are more players taking part.

However, I know some clans will split into two 15v15 clans in order to maximize the medals, so that could be an issue to consider. I don't know if there is enough of that to be much of a problem, though.
    There's a lot of overhead in managing a clan split for CWL. We have no interest in trying to deal with the extra work (as opposed to just playing the game as a clan), so I'd like to see more bonuses made available to 30v CWL.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker