Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonus medals in CWL for 30v30 vs 15v15

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    We have two clans at the same Crystal I level, so we'll likely get the same medals whether we run two 15v15s or a single 30v30. The key difference will be we can award 18 people across the two clans with bonus medals vs only 9 in the 30v30 war.

We already made the decision to go with two clans. At this point my comment is simply that only letting 9 people receive bonus medals in the 30v30 makes zero sense.
    Yeah, in your situation I would probably do the same. Though it might be tempting to put all my big bases in one clan in order to go higher.

Millennial Club
    And if they doubled the bonus medals for 30v30, it still wouldn't make sense...because some clans could go with a 30 plus a 15 on top of that. There's no reason for SC to start making things people do as a workaround a part of the actual game. They don't need to replicate minor advantages to make it actual gameplay.

Without changing the bonus structure for 30v30, I think this arena will become where more competition lives. I think Medal farmers will not participate in 30v30. And I wonder how this is going to impact search times.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    It makes perfect sense to me. Play the game your way, if you believe playing as a team is more important, then do 30/30. if you believe medal farming is more important then do 15/15. The choice is entirely up to you. i think it is nice to have options.
    agree with this entirely.
    To be fair, most clans that split into 2 go into different tiers, so its rob peter to pay paul.
    For better or worse, I think we are going 30v in Crystal 1.
    With our lower order, we are likely to get mauled, but a hammer will be "won" by each participant anyway, so no big loss.
    Target will be to ensure 8 stars as a personal goal. Rest will be what it will be.

Easy choice for us tho. We did some spring cleaning, so a 15v would probably be even worse since some large bases bit the dust.

Neat trick - thanks.

So - even though its a 30v30, only 9 people will get bonus. If we have enough to do a 30v30, why not split into two groups and do two 15v15s? We can push and farm medals at the same time so why let 9 people lose out on bonus?
    Agree with your choice if playing same tier. Unusual for 2 clans in the same tier tho.
    Just bear a thought.. In my view, I expect the heavier rosters to stick with 15v, and the lighter ones to do a mixed hall 30v.
    In order to get those 9 extra bonuses, you have to win first.

Doesnt apply to you, since they are both same tier. But for most, the higher tier/additional medals that the alt accounts would be playing is guaranteed by simply scoring 8 stars during the week.
    Just my guess tho.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 1st, 2019 at 08:05 PM.

The bonus medals in our clan go to the whole clan, not just those in the war leagues, so it makes no difference to us really. We don’t distribute them based only on war league performance and participation. I do wish SC would give the leader more options to distribute the packs, such as breaking them into more smaller packs.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Agree with your choice if playing same tier. Unusual for 2 clans in the same tier tho.
    Just bear a thought.. In my view, I expect the heavier rosters to stick with 15v, and the lighter ones to do a mixed hall 30v.
    In order to get those 9 extra bonuses, you have to win first.

Doesnt apply to you, since they are both same tier. But for most, the higher tier/additional medals that the alt accounts would be playing is guaranteed by simply scoring 8 stars during the week.
    Just my guess tho.
    We have 5 clans to play with. Our main clan and then 4 clans that basically sit quiet for the time between CWL. about 30 of us, including alts, want to do CWL so we had been bouncing between the 4. With the new CWL design, we will stick with the highest two and push them higher. We definitely all want to push now for the higher medal rewards. We dont care about bragging rights for pushing - we care about medals. So, we're definitely splitting to at least maximize the bonus medals. I imagine there will be times one clan rises and another clan does not and there is separation at that point. We'll cross that bridge later.
    SC: Oh - You wanted to play the game the way we designed it but cant because of a bug? Too bad.
    ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH12.

We have 5 clans to play with. Our main clan and then 4 clans that basically sit quiet for the time between CWL. about 30 of us, including alts, want to do CWL so we had been bouncing between the 4. With the new CWL design, we will stick with the highest two and push them higher. We definitely all want to push now for the higher medal rewards. We dont care about bragging rights for pushing - we care about medals. So, we're definitely splitting to at least maximize the bonus medals. I imagine there will be times one clan rises and another clan does not and there is separation at that point. We'll cross that bridge later.
    Is it worth it for a few more bonus packs? I suppose it also depends on whether the split clans can climb higher than a combined 30v30 clan could. If the 30v30 clan can climb higher, then the extra medals earned for placement on the ladder may make up for the extra medals not earned in the number bonus packs, or at least close enough to not be worth splitting up.

Whether you enjoy 15v or 30v more plays a roll also. It is a game for fun, so whatever you enjoy the most, go for it.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Forum Veteran
    We might not be able to answer the question of whether a 30v30 can go higher than a 15v15 until we see the results of this season and Onyx does some analytics.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    We might not be able to answer the question of whether a 30v30 can go higher than a 15v15 until we see the results of this season and Onyx does some analytics.
    Some will go higher, some won't. You can see that clearly as a simple example. If you have 500 clans who up until now have all been 15 v 15 and they are all in Crystal 2. Some will promote to Crystal 1, some will demote to Crystal 3. The only thing which determines whether you will go higher or lower is your relative strength compared to the other clans you compete with. You can only compare the 30 v 30 strength with other 30 v 30 clans. So if you ignore the clans in say Master 1 (because you can't promote a 30 to Champ 3), you'll see clans evening out.

This season won't show us anything really. You should expect to see about 25% of clans go lower as 30s, 25% go higher, and 50% stay the same (given the rough distributions of promotions and demotions.

What will ultimately determine if you can go higher or lower as a 15 v 30 will really be WHICH clans participate in 30 v 30 and their current tiers. Again, for example, if the ONLY clans who participated are all clans from Master 2. What you will find is clans can go higher in 15 because the "evening out" that happens in the ladder pushes more clans down and fewer clans up. Since you're no longer locked into player only 1 sizing though, you won't really know the impact until significantly down the road (as opposed to this season, this season you will have a very predictable pattern of promotions/demotions...but if you think you can draw predictions because all clans that did 30s are Master 2, any predictions will only hold true if clans in other tiers join in the same proportion as this season...which doesn't seem super likely given how new this is).

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    Agreed. If I had to guess, I would guess most clans will be able to go higher than they think in 30v30. This is based only on my own observation of a small sample size, but it seems everyone that discusses it says something like “but we’d have to add in a bunch of th9s” or th8s or whatever is considered “low” to them. Time will tell.