Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: yellow for clanwars?

  1. #1

    yellow for clanwars?

    What about a new possibilty to chose between participating in clan wars or not? Kind of a yellow options for those who are improving heroes or barracks or something like that but are online to make their attacks.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    36
    Then it will feel like a traffic light. And as always, no one follows it.


    To be serious, two options are enough. at the end, it depends on the leader/co to select the players.
    Last edited by MarsTabby; April 1st, 2019 at 01:42 PM.

  3. #3
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    10,299
    There is an inherent flaw in the Red / Green system: It assumes people diligently and actively manage their status flags. As too many clans have realized, players do not. My own clan for one ignores that flag, rather we ask within chat "speak up if available for next war". So no, let us not expand an unreliable indicator.

    Rather, in my opinion, we should first look for means to make that indicator reliable. One proposal is to allow the Leader to reset all flags to Red. That way, people would have to consciously set it to Green if they will be available for next war. No longer would it be simply as "last state the player left it in, no matter how long ago that was".

  4. #4
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    There is an inherent flaw in the Red / Green system: It assumes people diligently and actively manage their status flags. As too many clans have realized, players do not. My own clan for one ignores that flag, rather we ask within chat "speak up if available for next war". So no, let us not expand an unreliable indicator.

    Rather, in my opinion, we should first look for means to make that indicator reliable. One proposal is to allow the Leader to reset all flags to Red. That way, people would have to consciously set it to Green if they will be available for next war. No longer would it be simply as "last state the player left it in, no matter how long ago that was".
    I would like this option for leader and cos. My leader and I switch off managing wars depending on real life. Our clan is pretty good about switching. Probably because I nag them if the don't. The yellow could be useful to say I'm available if needed but feel free to put someone else in. Would be nice when I have 19 opted in for example.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  5. #5
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    10,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I would like this option for leader and cos. My leader and I switch off managing wars depending on real life. Our clan is pretty good about switching. Probably because I nag them if the don't. The yellow could be useful to say I'm available if needed but feel free to put someone else in. Would be nice when I have 19 opted in for example.
    +1

    I do agree Yellow could have value if, as you also note, the Reset is also included. Like your own clan, we often have people state "I am in for war if you need additional players". Those we note as "optional".
    Last edited by rowman; April 1st, 2019 at 02:19 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    There is an inherent flaw in the Red / Green system: It assumes people diligently and actively manage their status flags. As too many clans have realized, players do not. My own clan for one ignores that flag, rather we ask within chat "speak up if available for next war". So no, let us not expand an unreliable indicator.

    Rather, in my opinion, we should first look for means to make that indicator reliable. One proposal is to allow the Leader to reset all flags to Red. That way, people would have to consciously set it to Green if they will be available for next war. No longer would it be simply as "last state the player left it in, no matter how long ago that was".
    What about an opt-in? The leader starts a clan war opt-in then the players sign up until the limit has been reached and then the war search starts.

  7. #7
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    10,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Traimus View Post
    What about an opt-in? The leader starts a clan war opt-in then the players sign up until the limit has been reached and then the war search starts.
    That too would work! Good suggestion.

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    832
    I support this as a viable option. Especially if it is in control of the leaders. Would definatly help with putting people in war who is green and they dont attack becauase they forgot to go red.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Traimus View Post
    What about an opt-in? The leader starts a clan war opt-in then the players sign up until the limit has been reached and then the war search starts.
    Good with caveats:

    1) Leader/Co still needs to hit the button. A new low-level itching for war could bump a seasoned veteran just by signing up first.

    2) Malicious hoppers could jump in an any one can join clan, sign up, kick start a war and leave.

    But either an Auto-reset after each war ends or Leader/Co reset button followed by opt in is a good idea.

    Alternative for yellow: if a player has not been active for X days (24 or 48 hours) the shield turns yellow and reverts to red after they log in following their absense.

    Spring Break a lot of guys were inactive on vacation. Be nice to know they are at least back on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •