Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Time to attack is extended by 1 minute but you dont get more stars after the first 3

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3

    Time to attack is extended by 1 minute but you dont get more stars after the first 3

    Time to attack: 4 minutes
    -stars can only be obtained during the first 3 minutes, so youre only playing for percentage in the last minute
    -if you destroy the town hall or get 100% in the last minute, the stars are not counted
    -this way players can get the satisfaction of getting 100% without throwing away the competitiveness of war
    -in my opinion, this should only effect war so players dont have to wait longer to get online while under attack

    If this change was implemented, it would really only effect ties, since the amount of time to get stars remains the same. This change might also make ppl realize that time is part of the sport and to adjust their attacks instead of messing about running out of time.

    Good idea?
    Last edited by Cowslips; April 1st, 2019 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Swearing

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    36
    What is the exact point of this idea except providing satisfaction of getting 100%. Even that doesn't seem likely if we take human behavior into consideration, since the people will then start brooding that they couldn't get the last star.

    Also, importance of time can be realized by many other ways in the game, like failing due to the last hut,etc.
    Last edited by MarsTabby; March 31st, 2019 at 03:10 PM.

  3. #3
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3
    its a small change, but lots of ppl blame the lack of time for not getting stars, and if everyone sees the separation between stars and time there will be a greater sense of urgency to get things done fast, which would in of in itself drive ppl to be quicker in their attacks. its surely nothing gamebreaking, it'd just give a slight moral boost rly and with a game this old (not saying its dying i actually think its doing better) it could use the extra positivity

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by sadahs View Post
    its a small change, but lots of ppl blame the lack of time for not getting stars, and if everyone sees the separation between stars and time there will be a greater sense of urgency to get things done fast, which would in of in itself drive ppl to be quicker in their attacks. its surely nothing gamebreaking, it'd just give a slight moral boost rly and with a game this old (not saying its dying i actually think its doing better) it could use the extra positivity
    I do not understand how this will bring positivity or help the players realize the importance of time, to be honest. Importance of time is learnt gradually by progressing through the game.

    I also do not understand what you mean by "Separation between stars and time".
    Last edited by MarsTabby; March 31st, 2019 at 03:47 PM.

  5. #5
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3
    if thats the case i see no point in explaining

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    119
    There's also these things called "skill" and "preparation." Since this focuses only on war per your post, you have 24 hours to look at base strength and another 23 hours 57 minutes to look at base layout.

    Not like it's a 30 second raid prep.

    So if time is a problem for you, work on efficient CC draws/kills, dropping troops effectively, and possibly different attack strategies when a base layout will thwart your favorite attack.

    You may think about holding troops back until later in the attack for backside cleanup or such.

    Skill and preparation.

    This game is already offensively oriented. *Every* base can be 3*-d by somebody and something they use. If there were a base that could not be beaten, EVERYBODY WOULD USE IT and the game would die because no one could win*. Everything would be 0-0 (with damage being the deciding factor --- so there would be wins).

    Yay. CoC just became soccer. WE GOT A STAAAAAAARRRRRR!!! SCOOOOOOOOOREEEEEE! And everyone in your clan peels off their shirts and runs through the house, chest bumping the cat, and sliding on their knees across the kitchen floor.

    What keeps the game alive is the *skill* and *preparation* necessary to actually 3* the hardest bases. If it were easy for everybody, the game would also die because the result would be 150-150 ties.

    Time is one of the things DEFENSE has on its side. Offense already has the advantage.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerBunny View Post
    There's also these things called "skill" and "preparation." Since this focuses only on war per your post, you have 24 hours to look at base strength and another 23 hours 57 minutes to look at base layout.

    Not like it's a 30 second raid prep.

    So if time is a problem for you, work on efficient CC draws/kills, dropping troops effectively, and possibly different attack strategies when a base layout will thwart your favorite attack.

    You may think about holding troops back until later in the attack for backside cleanup or such.

    Skill and preparation.

    This game is already offensively oriented. *Every* base can be 3*-d by somebody and something they use. If there were a base that could not be beaten, EVERYBODY WOULD USE IT and the game would die because no one could win*. Everything would be 0-0 (with damage being the deciding factor --- so there would be wins).

    Yay. CoC just became soccer. WE GOT A STAAAAAAARRRRRR!!! SCOOOOOOOOOREEEEEE! And everyone in your clan peels off their shirts and runs through the house, chest bumping the cat, and sliding on their knees across the kitchen floor.

    What keeps the game alive is the *skill* and *preparation* necessary to actually 3* the hardest bases. If it were easy for everybody, the game would also die because the result would be 150-150 ties.

    Time is one of the things DEFENSE has on its side. Offense already has the advantage.
    100 percent agree.

  8. #8
    Forum Champion Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    5,185
    If you can't take the heat then stay out of the kitchen. Be prepared to defend your idea when you come here. You need to look at your idea from all angles, see how it would affect not just attacking but also defending and find some kind of balance. We don't need a full extra minute. Really just 15 seconds would do it in most cases without giving way too much extra time.
    Last edited by Cowslips; April 1st, 2019 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Quoting deleted post
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 39 | AQ 40 | GW 8 |

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by sadahs View Post
    (deleted)
    Nice. Veiled profanity *and* a backhand slight at women. I ASSUME there are forum rules about that.

    I also ASSUME if you have been playing since 2014 and know how to attack, that you shouldn't be cussin' and cryin' over time.
    Last edited by Cowslips; April 1st, 2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Quoting deleted post

  10. #10
    Centennial Club Minley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Always Everywhere
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    If you can't take the heat then stay out of the kitchen. Be prepared to defend your idea when you come here. You need to look at your idea from all angles, see how it would affect not just attacking but also defending and find some kind of balance. We don't need a full extra minute. Really just 15 seconds would do it in most cases without giving way too much extra time.
    That is a really nice idea!

    Getting a rare potion as for 110 league medals which would increase the time by 10-15s

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •