Thread: How do I leave my clan....

Fresh Spawn

How do I leave my clan....

Hey guys, this is my first post so bare with me..
    So I've been in this clan for the past 9 months now and I love the people there, we have over 40 players and I stand as a co-leader today, the only thing is that nowadays the clan is pathetically inactive, the most I see online would be around 5 people and during clan games we barely reach 25k points... Although we do 10v10 wars most people don't use both attacks or just don't attack at all... resulting in many many many losses. In brief, how do I tell the clan that I want to leave without being harsh. I really appreciate the people but I am a maced th9 soon to be th10 and I feel like progressing in the game with such a clan is unbelievably difficult...
    Sorry for the long message,

thank you.

-BDY123

Honestly you don't need to say anything. If you feel you need to give an explanation it's usually easier not to. Just say something like "it's been a lot of fun guys but I'm going to be moving on. Good luck"

Check out the recruitment section before you leave your clan though: https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...Need-A-Clan%21
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; March 31st, 2019 at 12:02 AM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 38 | AQ 40 | GW 7 |

Fresh Spawn
    i guess I'll try that. Thank you for your help

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Honestly you don't need to say anything. If you feel you need to give an explanation it's usually easier not to. Just say something like "it's been a lot of fun guys but I'm going to be moving on. Good luck"

Check out the recruitment section before you leave your clan though: https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...Need-A-Clan%21
    Lot of sense here.
    I was leader of our clan, but handed it on.
    I did air my views, but that simply caused things to get even quieter. It isnt a great idea.

My next step was to start pulling my accounts and going to the alt clan that I set up.
    Problem was, without my multiple accounts the ones that still wanted war couldnt, so I moved back.
    But there is an awful tension now. Maybe if I had held back things would be different.

Like you, I have the added problem that I want to go in a different direction to what the others are doing tho, so isnt a fun place to be.
    We have started losing regularly too, which further strengthens my resolve that the path they are taking is wrong.

But, so far as your dilemma goes, least said sooner mended.
    Let them know you will be spreading your wings. Stay neutral, and go.
    If it isnt working out, then a fresh start will probably do you good.

A further word of warning. If you want more, then dont allow them to follow you.
    I started our clan to get more serious with war, and the clan I was in previously sounds a lot like yours.

For over 2 years, 2 of us got things moving, and our log was decent.
    Then the guys from the old clan started drifting in. All good guys, but war has taken a nose dive.

A new start is a new start. Leave the past where it belongs mate, if that is your choice.
    Good luck. I feel I will be doing the same thing too in the near future.

Maybe quoting Paul Simon helps?

Just slip out the back, Jack

Make a new plan, Stan
    You don't need to be coy, Roy
    You just listen to me
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    You don't need to discuss much
    Just drop off the key, Lee
    And get yourself free

Read more: Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover Lyrics

(Its your clash life, live it your way)

Have Fun
    TS
    Last edited by TullSadum; April 1st, 2019 at 06:52 AM.

high end TH12, lvl 211 60/60/30
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet

Fresh Spawn
    I would just add that since you're co-leader, it would be good to inform the other leaders ahead of time, so they can decide how (or whether) to tell the others members.

And as others have said -- don't use your departure as an opportunity to criticize. No point in that.

Wherever there are the foolish starting new clans, I am there, wagging a finger,
    So what did you do?
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

Fresh Spawn
    Woah thank you for answering with such details!
    I left like a week ago with a nice clan mail in order to leave on a good note at least, then got invited back to get basically insulted and kicked back again, after everything I've done to this clan...but at least I'm relieved from this clan now. Leaving them in the past is indeed the key, you are right about that!

Fresh Spawn
    I left and they didn't like it, because I was one of the most valuable player the clan had.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by BDY123 View Post
    Woah thank you for answering with such details!
    I left like a week ago with a nice clan mail in order to leave on a good note at least, then got invited back to get basically insulted and kicked back again, after everything I've done to this clan...but at least I'm relieved from this clan now. Leaving them in the past is indeed the key, you are right about that!
    Good for you mate. Good luck on your next chapter.

As for me, I stayed. We tried the 30v in cwl and had great fun. It helped rebuild a few bridges.
    Family commitments have prevented me from doing regular spin, so the next action the clan will see is prob cwl again.
    Suits me, as I dont like losing in regular wars, which is my biggest gripe with the clan.

If you decide to start your own clan, then I always recommend multi accounts to get things started. Always plenty of time for recruiting once the ball is rolling.
    Otherwise, choose your clan wisely. Try not to have to pull the weight next time. Let us know what you decided to do.