Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why did you add that a password now needs to be 14 characters?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Yeah...making PASSs with complex password makers is nice but you can just get a folder securer and keep your password safe from any application. You can use batch coding to lock folders
    That works if you only use one main device, or have the folder on a USB key or similar, though still a fair bit less convenient than a password manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

My longest password comprised of 34 letters, pretty much long, eh?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    My longest password comprised of 34 letters, pretty much long, eh?
    My longest one is 20 (the one I use at school)

When I type it and someone is sitting next to me (I touch type it quickly so no-one can tell what I typed) they are shocked and ask why on earth it is so long.

Now I am shocked and I ask why on earth is it so long!?

admins going over the top
    You're not kidding. My bank doesn't even require anything near that secure. And there are plenty of decent 8 character passwords. You just don't allow the common ones like 12345678 and baseball.

Your admins must either not be IT people, or they are ultra-IT geeks. And not in a good way.

Banned
    The annoying thing is that I usually like to reuse passwords on low risk areas, like forums. (obviously not things like bank details or school/university/work details) but most of my low-risk passwords are much shorter than that so I don't remember my forum password. I am just lucky Google saved it

I just logged in the forums again (never do it, as it is ‘remembered’ on my devices), and noticed I use ‘only’ a 9-charac. password
    (and yes, I think I had to change it in January 2017)