Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Does the donation order matter?

Does the donation order matter?

When someone asks for troops, does the donation order matter?
    For example, if someone asks for 1 giant and 1 dragon, I may send first the giant then the dragon or first the dragon then the giant.
    Does the order I send the troops have any kind of influence in the game, how the troops leave the castle (when defending) or the machine (when attacking)?

I don't think it matters

Forum Veteran
    Yes, it does affect the sequence of troops in either offence or defence (not sure which one), but very few people care about that😅.

I feel like I've seen both ways, where troops came out in donation order and troops came out in a preset order.

It used to be that troops came out in a predefined order:
    Elixir first, in the order they were unlocked from the barracks, lowest level first.
    Then DE troops, in that same order.

I feel like there was an update sometime that changed it to troop donation order, first in is first out.
    But I've noticed in some of my attacks, that's not always the case.

Best way to find out is test an FC. Get a random smorgasbord of troops, remember the order they were donated, then note the order they come out on offense and defense.

For defense : From what I have seen, the troops come out in the order they were donated. And I remember, someone had tested and confirmed this in a previous thread about this topic.

For offense:

It is slightly random for offense. But the troops in position 1 will come out first and then, troops in 2nd and so on. Usually these positions are independent of donation order and follow the order in which troops were unlocked. But sometimes, it may not follow too.

For eg. in the pic, giant is at position 1, so it will come out first. Usually giant and bowler take 1st and 2nd spot irrespective of donation order. But if we need the bowlers to come out first, we can request and fill again and again until they change positions. It is a rare scenario but happens.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; March 27th, 2019 at 03:08 PM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

yes. First in first out

I‘ve somewhere seen an official statement, that sometimes they do, and sometimes they don’t come out in the order they were donated.
    Was in a thread a month or two ago.

Have Fun
    TS

high end TH12, lvl 211 60/60/30
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mjuice View Post
    yes. First in first out

That's not exactly correct. The deployment order is a little more complex than that. But unfortunately, for very specific reasons we don't share that information publicly.
    AKA Tank Puppy

In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.
    -- Schrodinger's Moggy explained (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

I prefer the troop that takes up the most space be donated first. That way the smaller troops wont be double donated. Example, I like to use Edrags and 2 loons in my CC. If someone donates 2 loons first and someone not paying attention donates another 2 loon, the edrag won't fit. If the Edrag is donated first, only 2 loons will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by TullSadum View Post
    I‘ve somewhere seen an official statement, that sometimes they do, and sometimes they don’t come out in the order they were donated.
    Was in a thread a month or two ago.

Have Fun
    TS
    Yes, I remember that thread. Official statement was, it is random. And yeah, in offense it is slightly random. But in case of defense, someone then tested by trying several combinations in 20+ war ccs, and had concluded that it follows the order of donation.It has been a long time so, can't tell with 100% confidence, but I think it was the case.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!