Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooray for expansion-permit boats!

If your boat is scheduled to arrive after the event starts, does it come with a bonus or does it need to be sent off?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRaptor View Post
    That’s a great explanation JemimaPD.

In my case event starts at 3am. I set my alarm, get up, send boat away, load machines (search DD/friends RSS if necessary), go back to bed & let boat go through transit while I finish sleeping.

Get up & immediately pack & send 1st boat. Usually can get the final boat before bed again.

Are you in hawaii, silver raptor?

event start is my 1:00 a.m. I don’t send my first boat off until I wake up, but when I can I try to make sure I have a boat set to leave on its own just after event start
    Last edited by WussyPuss; March 27th, 2019 at 08:38 PM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

The strategy really depends on your time zone and how close to the event start time you can send your first (non event) boat away....in my case I can’t send it away for a couple of hours unless I wake up in the middle of the night which is not happening.

But as others have pointed out, as long as you’re going to be awake for 16 hours and 1 minute, and fill your first 4 on time, as long as the 5th one is next to arrive before the event ends, you’re going to get your permit boat even if you then go to sleep and it doesn’t actually arrive until the next day when the event is actually over....just make sure the present gif is on the next boat tag for the next arriving boat.

if you’re not going to be awake on on-game for at least 16 hour window, I usually just summon the 4th boat right before I’m going off game, whenever that is - this is usually only 1 or 2 diamonds then. Again, as long as the 5th boat is ‘on its way’ when you go off game, you’ll get the last event item.
    Last edited by Dove2017; March 27th, 2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 173, town 65
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

I never get expansion permits only about one every other month at this rate I'll never get new land

Pro Member
    My first boat arrived without a permit. I contacted Hay Day and was told "get back with us after the event". I got in all 5 boats but I had to use diamonds to speed up one boat or I would not have made it.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Are you in hawaii, silver raptor?

event start is my 1:00 a.m. I don’t send my first boat off until I wake up, but when I can I try to make sure I have a boat set to leave on its own just after event start
    Hawaii would be great place to live , but no, I’m South Central USA.

CDT (spring, summer) my Hay Day new day starts at 3 am. CST (fall, winter) it starts at 2 am.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by JemimaPD View Post
    Keep doing this for the next 3 boats, so you will have filled & sent off 4 bonus boats in roughly 16hrs from the start of the event. Eg, from 8am to 12am.

The last/5th boat will then be on it's way with the included bonus item but you can take your time preparing for & filling it because it will have that bonus even if it arrives after the event end.
    [...] to be able to fill that boat & get it sent off before 8 o'clock (ie, before the event ends) which means the next boat (5th event boat) is still within the event time & will also have a bonus item when it arrives 4 hours later. Once it arrives you can fill that at your leisure, as long as you send it off filled within the boat time limit, mine is usually around 15/16hrs.
    Obviously this isn't true any more!

I got my last (fifth) boat ordered well before the event ended, and of course it contained the bonus box.

Later, after it arrived, I filled it, but instead of an expansion permit I only got nails when I sent off the boat.

Is this a bug or new behavior of the game?

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by cae13 View Post
    Obviously this isn't true any more!

I got my last (fifth) boat ordered well before the event ended, and of course it contained the bonus box.

Later, after it arrived, I filled it, but instead of an expansion permit I only got nails when I sent off the boat.

Is this a bug or new behavior of the game?
    I was just about to write about this, or very similar at least.
    I got expansion permits on boat nr 1, 2, 4 and 5.
    But I too got a nail, but on boat nr 3... With several Hours left of the event...
    I double-checked how many expansion permits I had, in case I still had received it, but no.
    My last boat, nr 5, was done after the event was over, giving me a permit...

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    My first boat arrived without a permit. I contacted Hay Day and was told "get back with us after the event". I got in all 5 boats but I had to use diamonds to speed up one boat or I would not have made it.
    The exact same happened to me this time! I also contacted support & got the same reply.

I decided to send the first boat away unfilled anyway as without it having the gift symbol I didn't fancy risking it, plus it wanted ridiculous amounts of carrot juice.

This left me way behind in terms of time & fitting all the boats in. I also managed by using a couple of diamonds (wouldn't ordinarily) for the 4th boat. I still have the 5th boat at my dock now. I'm just going to finish filling & send it off so I'll see what 'gift' I get & report back.

Quote Originally Posted by JemimaPD View Post
    I still have the 5th boat at my dock now. I'm just going to finish filling & send it off so I'll see what 'gift' I get & report back.
    Right, boat sent & I got another permit, my 5th. This is, now, during today's event (WOF permit) with 6hrs left to go until 8am/start of next event.

I'd be querying those nail gifts with support, can't be right 🤔