Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CWL, spying and additional war layouts

Maybe we'll be hoping for another QoL:
    We can't get in to our opponent clan (which we are match against either in normal wars or the whole 7 other clans in cwl)... In this way, at least we can prevent spy. Although, people can just use another account from other clans/no clan to infiltrate their war opponents.

Centennial Club
    You have 5 slots available for bases as most people only need 1 farm base. 5 in 7 days should get your through.

You said yourself you can't prove anyone cheated. You lost and that's why your here, had you swept and moved on you would not be posting. Cheating is rampant in this game, always has been always will be especially with the new money on the line. But if you can't prove it...

Millennial Club
    u do realize that people can record their attacks & share it on other platforms right?
    and for those saying its colluding is laughable. colluding is, when 2 clans give each other fwa bases to gain easy stars thus hurting other clans in star rankings. what the OP is stating is not colluding, its spying like providing information about bases/traps to other clans.

unfortunately spying cant be prevented no matter what SC does in game, as spying can be done outside of the game.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveDream View Post
    You have 5 slots available for bases as most people only need 1 farm base. 5 in 7 days should get your through.

You said yourself you can't prove anyone cheated. You lost and that's why your here, had you swept and moved on you would not be posting. Cheating is rampant in this game, always has been always will be especially with the new money on the line. But if you can't prove it...
    Agreed about the layouts, but people shouldn't have the need to go through that - hence my suggestions about the additional layouts.

And no, I'm not the type of guy you are trying to make me look like. We ended up third. And I was voicing this for quite a while, plus I strongly disagree that a company that is trying to bring Clash of Clans to ESL level should allow any of this...

Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    u do realize that people can record their attacks & share it on other platforms right?
    and for those saying its colluding is laughable. colluding is, when 2 clans give each other fwa bases to gain easy stars thus hurting other clans in star rankings. what the OP is stating is not colluding, its spying like providing information about bases/traps to other clans.

unfortunately spying cant be prevented no matter what SC does in game, as spying can be done outside of the game.
    Yes, I understand that as you surely must have seen if you read my post in its entirety. That I agree very little can be done about. There are, however, ways to at least make it harder for the clans, because as right now, it's way too easy.
    Co-leader and co-founder of Slovak Brothers #2RJ2YCGR
    Lvl 232, maxed TH 12, my mini is a fresh TH10
    Vastness of Universe: Billions of galaxies... Trillions of stars... Countless planets... I ? I am anything but significant...

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Technically theis isn't spying, but colluding. Two clans help each other to obtain knowledge about a third, that is then beaten.

Anonymity or "replays only available to war participants" or agressive war base changing (extra base designs) are 3 different ways to solve the problem.

/Affront
    Ahh yes I guess that's quite a bit different, is this against TOS now?

Forum Elder
    Just a thought. But are you quite sure they got their heads together to win.
    Since they finished first and second, is it not possible that they simply know their stuff.

I suppose SC could code lots of stuff to aid prevention. The fact that they openly dismiss spying suggests they arent likely to do anything real soon.
    Switch bases around if you feel the need. Or relax and take cwl one day at a time.

Yes, I too would prefer CWL-Replays to be only visible to folks on the CWL roster until CWL is over.
    However, I do understand that the quick solution given, was the additional war base slots. And I do change my war base during the CWL week.
    Spying against yourself in CW is due to letting folks in. Yes, there are some very sophisticated clans and you can run into spies sometimes even if you are careful. Running non stop CW should not prevent your clan from recruiting.
    Yet in CWL you cannot prevent spying against you, as you have no control over what other clans you already faced off with will do.

@OP: For now either change your bases, or your players, or at least have folks change trap positioning. It'll help.

Have Fun
    TS
    Last edited by TullSadum; March 24th, 2019 at 05:02 PM.

high end TH12, lvl 211 60/60/30
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post

Yes, I understand that as you surely must have seen if you read my post in its entirety. That I agree very little can be done about. There are, however, ways to at least make it harder for the clans, because as right now, it's way too easy.
    its not "very little can be done" its "nothing can be done". most high level clans hav discord or other platforms. they dont even need to know opponent clan names, they can find out it on the net through clantags. there is no way SC can do anything about it. expecting otherwise would be a time waste. i would rather hav SC work on good content than to try to fix something which cannot be.

if you are talking about casual clans doing it in lower leagues, by hopping clans, then may be. but i dont think SC would worry about that. if you want to be competitive, change bases. as for gem costs, i dont think SC would lower them anytime soon.

Forum Veteran
    A low effort way to try to make it a little more difficult to do this is to radically change your traps in between battle days. If someone starts out with a qw in one area, move all your seeking air mines there for the next war, or whatever. (Don't be stupid about it of course. )

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    Ahh yes I guess that's quite a bit different, is this against TOS now?
    Ah, yes.. A technicality.. Colluding isn't allowed, but I'm not sure it's actually in the ToS.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting