Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL is so close to encouraging competition...

CWL is so close to encouraging competition...

CWL should be about getting as many stars as possible not competing for 3rd or last place or going for the max overall loot instead of going for 1st...

The change to the CWL medal system is really quite good, but it still will not encourage everyone to go all out every war.

*To fix the outliers like the 15 TH12's in Crystal and Gold or lower...
    *The farmers who just crunch the numbers and settle on 3rd place in a league...
    **Remove the debate over throwing this or that war so you're not promoted
    **Remove the debate over dropping a league

Fact is until you eliminate the War Win Loot bonus variable all CWL will be for clans without 15/30 Maxed TH12s is a how to best farm this CWL thing debate. Which is what has been ruining it.

All you have to do to stop the farmers from farming... and stop the TH12 scrubs from low balling players in gold... Is make it so Win or Loose everyone always gets 100% War loot for a one star attack.

This will nullify the TH12 campers, and make it so even the farmers will push as high as possible.

Until then the basic formula for farming CWL for Max loot = Winning 5+ wars out of 7 wars and taking 3rd place

Otherwise for me, CWL will just be the best time to upgrade heroes so their up for normal wars.

Anyone else have an Idea on how to eliminate farming as a viable option for CWL?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Naysbee View Post
    I agree completely there is no motivation to smash.

I read u only have to get 8 stars in new system to get max medals.
    if this is true my clan will be staying low and comfortable.
    Then your clan will be missing out on a lot of medals in the long run but hey.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Millennial Club
    I agree completely there is no motivation to smash.

I read u only have to get 8 stars in new system to get max medals.
    if this is true my clan will be staying low and comfortable.
    8 stars to get the medals everyone in the clan will share. But the lower you finish in your group of 8, the fewer medals you'll get.

So you can stay low and comfortable, but you'll get fewer medals than if you finish higher.

Millennial Club
    It only goes up 20 medals a league...don't quote me I can't remember, all I'm saying is there is no real motivation to put effort in to go up those few leagues, when u can just relax and do easy attacks to get decent medals.

im just being honest
    If you don't consider "more medals" to be motivation, then yes, you are correct. But there's not likely to ever be a real solution for motivating people in CWL if they don't care about winning for the sake of winning, and they also don't care about getting more medals as rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Then your clan will be missing out on a lot of medals in the long run but hey.
    It's more about maxing overall loot overall the 8 stars thing is irrelevant in that context.
    The war win bonus being 200% nullifies pushing since the loot from winning more wars is greater than loot gained from medals.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    It's more about maxing overall loot overall the 8 stars thing is irrelevant in that context.
    The war win bonus being 200% nullifies pushing since the loot from winning more wars is greater than loot gained from medals.
    You think that people value loot which is easily available in the game more than medals which folks use to buy hammers and builder potions?

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    It only goes up 20 medals a league...don't quote me I can't remember, all I'm saying is there is no real motivation to put effort in to go up those few leagues, when u can just relax and do easy attacks to get decent medals.

im just being honest
    Clans sitting that low artificially are sitting an easy 3 ish leagues below where they could easily sit and still probably win about half.
    So only 20 medals a league or so will add up quickly. The bonus packs are also quite a bit better in a higher league.

Just like free gems, itís not much each time but adds up in the long run. My mini TH10 is 100% f2p and sitting on 11.5 k free gems and has bought all the builders.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    There is no war win bonus. The new reward system is decoupled from wins and is based on # of stars and standing.

If a clan won 7 matches, a bench warmer would get 20% of the max total for their rank in their league. They receive no bonus medals for wins.
    Last edited by move4ward; March 22nd, 2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Clans sitting that low artificially are sitting an easy 3 ish leagues below where they could easily sit and still probably win about half.
    So only 20 medals a league or so will add up quickly. The bonus packs are also quite a bit better in a higher league.

Just like free gems, it’s not much each time but adds up in the long run. My mini TH10 is 100% f2p and sitting on 11.5 k free gems and has bought all the builders.
    Generally speaking maybe but I just pick the 2 clans that would normally be 2nd and 3rd and toss throw those 2 wars so I end up in 3rd winning 5 wars everytime. Which makes it a lot easier to keep builders going on multiple accts.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    You think that people value loot which is easily available in the game more than medals which folks use to buy hammers and builder potions?
    I'd rather have the extra loot especially the DE from winning wars, I don't care about hammers they are a waste when you can win wars with heroes down.

Competitive clans are always going to compete. Laid back clans are always going to be laid back. Trying to force clans to be who they are not is rarely a good thing..... just my opinion.