Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL is so close to encouraging competition...

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Oopsie yes that was it. My bad
    I got confuzzled for a bit because I have trouble with the concept of playing CWL for loot. The last reason why I play CWL is for loot.

But still there are raids where I get 8-9 K DE ok those are not super abundant but 5K a raid is certainly no exception these. 6-7K a raid is quite frequent. Especially if you add a Titan bonus.
    There certainly aren't a lot of people left who don't understand how valuable medals are. That's one of the things most people grasped immediately, hence all the medal farming in CWL which required SC action by changing up the medal rewards.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    It's all debatable I'm just saying I'd rather push as high as possible than be forced to settle on the most efficient league for time invested.
    Wait a minute then why are we having this discussion then ?
    Im super confused

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    There certainly aren't a lot of people left who don't understand how valuable medals are. That's one of the things most people grasped immediately, hence all the medal farming in CWL which required SC action by changing up the medal rewards.
    Ha I do understand that some clans would do that yes. Itís not for me as for us itís much more exciting to win a super close war fighting where we naturally land and without artificial silliness.
    But yea shortly after CWL was introduced and understood the whole thing better I immediately mentioned that any system where a struggling clan in a higher league is far worse off then a clan smashing up a low league is a flawed system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Oopsie yes that was it. My bad
    I got confuzzled for a bit because I have trouble with the concept of playing CWL for loot. The last reason why I play CWL is for loot.

But still there are raids where I get 8-9 K DE ok those are not super abundant but 5K a raid is certainly no exception these. 6-7K a raid is quite frequent. Especially if you add a Titan bonus.
    True I just look at medals as for the purpose of keeping builders going.
    25 medal for 2.5m loot makes it extremely easy to keep builders going non stop these days.

So thats 100k per medal

If loot from winning wars is > loot from medals

The debate of getting more medals is nullified if it is less loot total.

All I'm saying is if you eliminate the variable of having a massive loot difference from winning or loosing wars then CWL becomes all about pushing for medals.

You get more loot overall if you do not push it's seems stupid but its a true story.

Forum Veteran
    25 medal for 2.5m loot makes it extremely easy to keep builders going non stop these days.

So thats 100k per medal

All I'm saying is if you eliminate the variable of having a massive loot difference from winning or loosing wars then CWL becomes all about pushing for medals.

You get more loot overall if you do not push it's seems stupid but its a true story.
    You get more loot but less medals, and nearly everyone understands how much more valuable medals are compared to loot.

You get more loot but less medals, and nearly everyone understands how much more valuable medals are compared to loot.
    You do understand that you use medals to upgrade things in your base right?

Forum Veteran
    You do understand that you use medals to upgrade things in your base right?
    I use medals to decrease the time spent upgrading things in my base.

Time is the limiting factor in the game, not loot, loot is everywhere and easy to acquire, time is not.
    Last edited by dmoore1998; March 22nd, 2019 at 03:03 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #38

So thats 100k per medal

You could also nullify the whole loot issue as you say by removing all loot from CWL

Thet being said everyone values medals differently and just because you value them a certain way doesnít mean others do as well.
    For example when you reach a new TH level and you hammer for instance your 2 most used troops or a CC upgrade to avoid having to do storage upgrades first like the 2 spell space in a TH11 CC is massive. I for one value those thing much much more then a bit more loot.

You are also only looking at buying loot directly with medals which in my opinion is one of the worst ways to spend medals. If you hammer a build not only do you get the resources for that build but also save yourself the time. And certainly at the highest TH levels with long builds and researches itís much more valuable then merely the loot it buys. And in that sense it can also buy a full tank of DE.

Besides I also made quite a few points earlier as to why that more loot isnít really that much more as you seem to think it it.

Millennial Club
    Generally speaking maybe but I just pick the 2 clans that would normally be 2nd and 3rd and toss throw those 2 wars so I end up in 3rd winning 5 wars everytime. Which makes it a lot easier to keep builders going on multiple accts.

I'd rather have the extra loot especially the DE from winning wars, I don't care about hammers they are a waste when you can win wars with heroes down.
    If a clan is good enough to win 7 in Crystal 3 and 5 wins in Crystal 2, why would you throw 2 matches to win only 5 matches in Crystal 3. They would still receive higher loot bonuses in the next league, since the wins are the same.
    Last edited by move4ward; March 22nd, 2019 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40
    I use medals to decrease the time spent upgrading things in my base.

Time is the limiting factor in the game, not loot, loot is everywhere and easy to acquire, time is not.
    Exactly.
    Lab time being one of the worst bottle necks.

Give it a few months when plenty of TH9s and 10s and 11s have been going crazy on builder potions and then come to the conclusion their lab is way behind.