Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL is so close to encouraging competition...

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    Theirs no way I'd get an instant 2 million elixer + 2 million gold + 10k de by hitting next...

You have no idea how to farm...
    10K DE represent 2 war raids and not 1.

In 2 raids I can certainly get 10K DE and then some with league bonuses and all.
    If you’re doing the math then do it fairly.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Millennial Club
    Thats not what I'm debating at all I'm going to farm it, until the medals are more valuable than loot from winning wars.

Personally I don't like beating up on scrubs for loot.
    They're already FAR more valuable than the minimal loot from winning wars for anyone who understands how to smartly use medals. Loot is plentiful, it's everywhere. Anyone who is even of average farm ability has all the loot they can handle. Ways to speed up building are not everywhere and plentiful, medals are the most efficient way to do that via builder potions.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post

In 2 raids I can certainly get 10K DE and then some with league bonuses and all.
    1 CWL raid is 10k DE because loot is much better in CWL vs regular wars. But the comparison was what you get in winning (10k) vs losing (5k). The difference of 5k being one raid.

War bonus is x2 in CWL that is my entire point.

I quoted Naysbee and responded to that specific post and not your post.

I haven’t even addressed your loot point, but since you ask.
    I understand where you’re coming from but making the loot exactly the same will come with its own set of issues as there will hardly be any incentive to win a war at all.

And yes short term winning more wars equals more loot but you do get less medals as a result. And that’s where players will differ.
    For some it’s not all about the loot. Some would care more for the medals so they can speed up builds of even get an instant free upgrade. Remember a hammer also buys the loot so it can easily represent a full tank of DE or elixir storage and instantly finishes the upgrade. Come next upgrade I’m bound to hammer the witch upgrade for example. And missing a bit of loot for a few more wars lost.
    Meh it’s all relative, I can loot plenty fast if I so choose. I’d rather have a bit less instant loot and get the loot the hammer represents.

When your clan is fighting in a league where it’s supposed to be you will also fight more difficult bases which offer more warloot as well.
    As a TH12 beating up TH10s and 11s isn’t as lucrative as beating a max 12 and winning the war. Sure you will lose some loots because you win less wars but losing loot on a strong war is higher then losing loot on a lower war.
    If you want to stay in those comfortable low ranges you will have to throw a few wars intentionally in which case you also won’t be getting great loots.

So to summarize
    - More medals in higher league also represent loots
    - Winning higher wars results in higher war win bonus
    - Staying low will mean you need to lose a few wars intentionally where you don’t collect your win loot and if you get losing loot it’s lower then in the higher league.

So in the long run it certainly isn't that favorable as you think it is or it looks short term if you look at the complete picture.
    It's all debatable I'm just saying I'd rather push as high as possible than be forced to settle on the most efficient league for time invested.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    1 CWL raid is 10k DE because loot is much better in CWL vs regular wars. But the comparison was what you get in winning (10k) vs losing (5k). The difference of 5k being one raid.
    Actually Loosing is more like 2000-2300 a loss of nearly 8k DE

Millennial Club
    Actually Loosing is more like 2000-2300 a loss of nearly 8k DE
    You're right, so 1 good raid or 2 mediocre raids. Either way, it's 1 full army's worth total since a good farmer never spends more than 1/4-1/2 an army on mediocre raids.

You're right, so 1 good raid or 2 mediocre raids. Either way, it's 1 full army's worth total since a good farmer never spends more than 1/4-1/2 an army on mediocre raids.
    You don't get it the x2 multiplier is not applied if you loose the war so you only get normal loot value.

They're already FAR more valuable than the minimal loot from winning wars for anyone who understands how to smartly use medals. Loot is plentiful, it's everywhere. Anyone who is even of average farm ability has all the loot they can handle. Ways to speed up building are not everywhere and plentiful, medals are the most efficient way to do that via builder potions.
    Builders potions are a waste of medals, that has nothing to do with farming.

Millennial Club
    You don't get it the x2 multiplier is not applied if you loose the war so you only get normal loot value.

Builders potions are a waste of medals, that has nothing to do with farming.
    x2 multiplier doesn't apply if you lose the war. But it only takes 1 good raid or 2 average raids to make up the loss. 1 full army farming makes up the loss.

Builder potions are HUGE advantage if you're a decent farmer. Because decent farmers have way more loot than they know what to do with, and the easiest way to spend that loot is by doing more upgrades in a shorter period of time which is what builder potions allow you to do.
    Last edited by dmoore1998; March 22nd, 2019 at 02:18 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Oopsie yes that was it. My bad
    I got confuzzled for a bit because I have trouble with the concept of playing CWL for loot. The last reason why I play CWL is for loot.

But still there are raids where I get 8-9 K DE ok those are not super abundant but 5K a raid is certainly no exception these. 6-7K a raid is quite frequent. Especially if you add a Titan bonus.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

x2 multiplier doesn't apply if you lose the war. But it only takes 1 good raid or 2 average raids to make up the loss. 1 full army farming makes up the loss.

Builder potions are HUGE advantage if you're a decent farmer. Because decent farmers have way more loot than they know what to do with, and the easiest way to spend that loot is by doing more upgrades in a shorter period of time which is what builder potions allow you to do.
    Thats my point the other days you do star bonuses.
    You make a valid point for one acct, but not if you have 15 or more accts.
    On that scale you have to go for absolute max loot for time invested.