Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL is so close to encouraging competition...

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
    There is no war win bonus. The new reward system is decoupled from wins and is based on # of stars and standing.

If a clan won 7 matches, a bench warmer would get 20% of the max total for their rank in their league. They receive no bonus medals for wins.
    He's talking about the gold, elixir, and dark...you know...the things that people don't do CWL for since what they care about are the medals.

Quote Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
    There is no war win bonus. The new reward system is decoupled from wins and is based on # of stars and standing.

If a clan won 7 matches, a bench warmer would get 20% of the max total for their rank in their league. They receive no bonus medals for wins.
    You know the loot that goes in your treasury for winning a war?

That's what i'm talking about since it has a X2 multiplier that is 200%.

Does no one understand anything?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    Generally speaking maybe but I just pick the 2 clans that would normally be 2nd and 3rd and toss throw those 2 wars so I end up in 3rd winning 5 wars everytime. Which makes it a lot easier to keep builders going on multiple accts.

I'd rather have the extra loot especially the DE from winning wars, I don't care about hammers they are a waste when you can win wars with heroes down.
    You could get more DE by just doing a good regular raid though.

Under the old system there was a benefit to staying lower. Under the new system you get more medals the higher you play. Those 15 th12s in crystal no longer will be rewarded for staying there. Most will likely move up.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    You could get more DE by just doing a good regular raid though.
    Theirs no way I'd get an instant 2 million elixer + 2 million gold + 10k de by hitting next...

You have no idea how to farm...

All you have to do to stop the farmers from farming... and stop the TH12 scrubs from low balling players in gold... Is make it so Win or Loose everyone always gets 100% War loot for a one star attack.
    Sounds like you want to ruin SC CWL for farmers. Why though?

After the medal reward system change SC CWL will be a much better hybrid than it used to be before. You can still farm medals but the strong incentives to play very low are not there anymore. Pushing and finishing on position 8 is not punished anymore.

It is now more of an play as you like to play system, suitable for many different play styles.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    He's talking about the gold, elixir, and dark...you know...the things that people don't do CWL for since what they care about are the medals.
    This is a first that I see people not caring about medals. lol. Thank you for clearing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    It's more about maxing overall loot overall the 8 stars thing is irrelevant in that context.
    The war win bonus being 200% nullifies pushing since the loot from winning more wars is greater than loot gained from medals.
    I quoted Naysbee and responded to that specific post and not your post.

I havenít even addressed your loot point, but since you ask.
    I understand where youíre coming from but making the loot exactly the same will come with its own set of issues as there will hardly be any incentive to win a war at all.

And yes short term winning more wars equals more loot but you do get less medals as a result. And thatís where players will differ.
    For some itís not all about the loot. Some would care more for the medals so they can speed up builds of even get an instant free upgrade. Remember a hammer also buys the loot so it can easily represent a full tank of DE or elixir storage and instantly finishes the upgrade. Come next upgrade Iím bound to hammer the witch upgrade for example. And missing a bit of loot for a few more wars lost.
    Meh itís all relative, I can loot plenty fast if I so choose. Iíd rather have a bit less instant loot and get the loot the hammer represents.

When your clan is fighting in a league where itís supposed to be you will also fight more difficult bases which offer more warloot as well.
    As a TH12 beating up TH10s and 11s isnít as lucrative as beating a max 12 and winning the war. Sure you will lose some loots because you win less wars but losing loot on a strong war is higher then losing loot on a lower war.
    If you want to stay in those comfortable low ranges you will have to throw a few wars intentionally in which case you also wonít be getting great loots.

So to summarize
    - More medals in higher league also represent loots
    - Winning higher wars results in higher war win bonus
    - Staying low will mean you need to lose a few wars intentionally where you donít collect your win loot and if you get losing loot itís lower then in the higher league.

So in the long run it certainly isn't that favorable as you think it is or it looks short term if you look at the complete picture.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    Sounds like you want to ruin SC CWL for farmers. Why though?

After the medal reward system change SC CWL will be a much better hybrid than it used to be before. You can still farm medals but the strong incentives to play very low are not there anymore. Pushing and finishing on position 8 is not punished anymore.

It is now more of an play as you like to play system, suitable for many different play styles.
    Thats not what I'm debating at all I'm going to farm it, until the medals are more valuable than loot from winning wars.

Personally I don't like beating up on scrubs for loot.

Millennial Club
    Theirs no way I'd get an instant 2 million elixer + 2 million gold + 10k de by hitting next...

You have no idea how to farm...
    You don't get an EXTRA 10k de, you get the full 10k de, and if you lose you get 5k. And yes, you can EASILY get 5k DE by farming properly. You said you care about the DE, that part is super easy to get in a single raid.