Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Electro Dragon Attacking Fail

Electro Dragon Attacking Fail

I noticed that after a chain lightning spell is initiated and the dragon dies, the chain lightning suddenly stops and does not finish its chain. Below are some pictures from two different battles that show the chain does not complete itself once fired.

The first picture shows the path the chain lightning takes across its targets (pay attention as to how it travels from xbow to TH) and in the following picture it begins its attack on the xbow (destroying it) and then suddenly stops and does not strike the TH (due to dragons death).

I think this is an overlooked issue and has the potential to have damaging consequences during CWL or streamed events. It also defies logic. Just because the source of the attack dies, does not mean the attack should suddenly stop. It's like if the bowlers attack stopped instead of boucning on the initial target and striking the second thing behind it. That wouldn't make any sense. The attack has been initiated and shouldn't be directly connected to the dragon once initiated.

Please let me know if anyone has noticed this problem or if it is intentional. All I have are pictures since I do not know how to stream my attacks.

************************************************** ******************************************
    Is there a way to upload pictures? I am clicking attachments but the window says that photos failed to upload when I try.
    ************************************************** *******************************************
    Last edited by Slamarack; March 21st, 2019 at 09:59 PM.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamarack View Post
    It also defies logic. Just because the source of the attack dies, does not mean the attack should suddenly stop.
    I can see why you'd think this, but anyone experienced with dragons in real life understands that is how they work. Once an electrodragon's electroheart stops generating the necessary electrical charge, the lightning chain folds back upon itself and finishes the dragon off. The residual charge is expelled directly into the ground after the dragon can no longer hold it in.

As for a bowler, well the rock isn't attached to the bowler. But how he manages to pull them from the earth so quickly is anyone's guess. I've never studied one in the wild.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    The lightning you see crashing to the ground when a electrodragon dies is all that remains of the residual electricity.

As for a bowler, well the rock isn't attached to the bowler. But how he manages to pull them from the earth so quickly as anyone's guess. I've never studied one in the wild.
    as charming of a response that is, it does not address the question. The chain lightning is no longer attached to the dragon and has begun its jump. I have pictures from several encounters where the chain simply stops because the dragon itself died. I am not talking about the lightning spell as a result of death, but the electro drags attack itself being disrupted when the dragon dies.