Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Defending against electro dragons

  1. #1
    Senior Member Red777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    474

    Defending against electro dragons

    What do you think is the best way to defend e-drags at TH12? Assume you knew 100% the attacker was going to attack with them. Let's say something like 8 edrags and 8 loons. Here is my list off the cuff:
    1. Spread out base with 2+ tile gaps between things (e-drags are slow and this makes chain lightning not as effective)
    2. Single target inferno's towers (island better)
    3. Tornado trap in front of TH (or EA)
    4. Black mines on side where e-drags are most likely to attack from
    5. Eagle hard to reach / opposite from TH
    6. Sweepers covering both sides of base (or towards TH side if TH close to edge)
    7. Air defenses away from where rage is likely to be used and spread out
    8. Unable to freeze air sweeper AND other key defenses w 1 spell
    9. Witches in CC (or ice golems if you can get heroes to trigger it)
    10. Tesla farm in unexpected location
    11. Air skellies near TH
    12. Put low hit point buildings next to high hit point buildings to slow down e-drag and create difficult funneling


    What would you change/add/subtract?

  2. #2
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    151
    Being an edrag attacker myself, the line-up I use: 8 edrags, 8 loons. I also have 8 loons in cc.
    Spells: 3 rage, 4 freeze, 1 poison and another rage in cc.
    Most bases in regular raids I get 2-3 stars and 70-100% destruction.
    The bases I 1 star and/or do sub-50% destruction generally have overlapping defenses where loons/edrags are getting hit by multiple things: 2 x-bows, 1 or 2 infernos, EA, tesla, etc.
    That's where freeze & rage are useful.
    Your spread out base idea sounds decent, but I'm not so sure isolating defenses is the answer.

  3. #3
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    No wonder there are so many Archers, the Queen spends most of her time on her back.
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Red777 View Post
    Spread out base with 2+ tile gaps between things (e-drags are slow and this makes chain lightning not as effective)
    Remember that walls only separate buildings by a single tile. So many times I see people trying to space out their buildings and forgetting this or that the lightning can chain diagonally as well.

  4. #4
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Best clan ever
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Red777 View Post
    What do you think is the best way to defend e-drags at TH12? Assume you knew 100% the attacker was going to attack with them. Let's say something like 8 edrags and 8 loons. Here is my list off the cuff:
    1. Spread out base with 2+ tile gaps between things (e-drags are slow and this makes chain lightning not as effective)
    2. Single target inferno's towers (island better)
    3. Tornado trap in front of TH (or EA)
    4. Black mines on side where e-drags are most likely to attack from
    5. Eagle hard to reach / opposite from TH
    6. Sweepers covering both sides of base (or towards TH side if TH close to edge)
    7. Air defenses away from where rage is likely to be used and spread out
    8. Unable to freeze air sweeper AND other key defenses w 1 spell
    9. Witches in CC (or ice golems if you can get heroes to trigger it)
    10. Tesla farm in unexpected location
    11. Air skellies near TH
    12. Put low hit point buildings next to high hit point buildings to slow down e-drag and create difficult funneling


    What would you change/add/subtract?
    1) Avoid tesla farm - the chain hit will destroy it quicker (in terms of dmg done to edrags) that spread out teslas.
    2) Avoid air skeletons near th as th WILL be frozen, put them in at least 3 tiles radius from th.
    3) Never put many air skeletons in one place (chain hit will destroy them faster than spread out version)
    4) Black air mines on sides of base, not inside (loons will go inside in front of edrags, edrags will later go for outer buildings and be hit by the black bombs) - it's a time game, the less drags left on cleanup the higher your chances.
    5) Use bait - put 2 ADs in a 10-12 tiles radius from each other - attacker will likely to start from that side as a wall of loons will be sent followed by wall of edrags. now put the tornado trap just in between the 2 ADs. This will group spread loons back to the formation you want them to take, next step is.... you guessed it: 3 red bombs just behind the tornado and all loons meet their maker.

    we have 3 such bases in our clan and those were never 3 starred by edrags. unfortunately such bases are weaker against other attack types and smart attacker can spot this base type and use its weakness against it.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    833
    Know the general path the lightning will take, and protect your ADs around it.

    Lightning will always travel to a touching building over a building 1 tile away, and the chain gets weaker as it jumps from building to building. So create a line of touching buildings alternating them, high HP, low HP, high HP, etc. Then, with a 1 tile gap (yes 1 tile, make it look like the lightning will jump to it, but you know it won't), put your ADs.

    The edrags will slowly take down the outside buildings with their lightning never making it to the AD.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    97
    Fact of the matter is, you can't. Edrags are a two star attack all day long, nothing you can do about it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by gisissi View Post
    Fact of the matter is, you can't. Edrags are a two star attack all day long, nothing you can do about it.

    Really? With my base in Legend League i win a defense against e-drag lv 3 and max heroes, how? Fortune ....a good layout... a good defense castle and ....a poor enemy........

    In war my island base it's hard two stars...

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    97
    Yup, really. People will tell you about the time some player failed on their base. Fact is, you really really need to mess up your attack for it not to end up with two stars.

  9. #9
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by k3rnelp View Post
    Really? With my base in Legend League i win a defense against e-drag lv 3 and max heroes, how? Fortune ....a good layout... a good defense castle and ....a poor enemy........

    In war my island base it's hard two stars...
    YES! The key to defend 2stars attack is hoping for a bad attacker 😁. So yea.. Your so-called 'Island War Base' will stand a chance against a BAD attacker
    Last edited by IandiS; March 25th, 2019 at 05:31 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •