Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh TH 9.

Fresh TH 9.

Hello and thank you all for visiting my first thread!! (First in many years, that is)
    I been playing for maybe 6 mo now. However, before that, I used to play back in 2014-2016. I'm not that good, I don't think! So I recently, within last day or so, finished my L9 TH! Yay!! I thought! Still yet to get my AQ! My BK only L3. I find everything to be.... EXPENSIVE! In TH8, wasn't that hard. I had good farming often! I think, or just good attacks all around! I should of waited and made sure I leveled up all my defenses. They are not max! Some are!
    Now I'm L9 TH! And most of my attacks have SUCKED!! All strategies I thought I learned? Out the window! I'm getting less than 100k in G&E! maybe a 100 or so DE! I'm not gaining much what I need! AQ Needs 40k DE, I only hold 27k atm! You can see how fresh I am, as all my firsts are still on the right! I'll soon rebuild base, I enjoy coming up with new base layouts. So that's not a problem!

What I need is Attack Strategies that WORK! For Farming, and for Standard! I wanna win when I'm exacting Revenge on those who attacked my base kind of more serious strategies!

Any tips please? Building priorities? Leveling Troops?
    And attack strategies? How to know when to attack? When to Pass?

Thanks again for visiting,
    Thanks for any replies...
    Please be kind! Cruel comments need NOT comment!

Dman
    Last edited by LordDman; March 18th, 2019 at 02:44 AM. Reason: correction

Dman, I need info on your troops and their levels in order to help you. I you can send a screenshot, that would be great. As you know, if you don’t have the troops to farm loot, you won’t get the loot you need for upgrades so that’s the first step.

My troops, and their levels. It wouldn't fit the whole window in one screen however, as you see no Golems, I have no one beyond the Valk's! And they are lvl 1, if that's not clear.

And sense SPELLS are a major compliment to troops, even though you didn't mention spells... i figured i'd show my spell book as well!

Hope that helps!

Dman

It does help. Thank you.

You have th7 troops but not all is lost. I would upgrade for two types of attacks...the second is dragloon. The first and most important is for farming. You need at least one pekka, wizards, giants, 30 archers to take out the cc troops, and about 40 goblins. Take 3 quake, 2 heals and a donated quake with you and pick th9s with resources close to the edge of the base and dark elixir within the range of your quakes.

Don’t take wallbreakers unless you know how to control them. Quake is more accurate for someone not accustomed to funneling troops. Remember to drop your quakes, and send a few wizards to side buildings to guide other troops into the funnel. Go giants, pekka, wizards, heroes, then goblins. Use archers to clean up around the base or kill cc troops if trigger them early. 30 archers can kill a maxed dragon.

I’m not sure what troop configuration you’ll need. Just go with 30 archers, 40 goblins, 1 Pekka, at least 9 wizards which means the remainder will be giants. You might have to experiment a bit.

Just know the cost of the troops and know when to tell if the collectors are full. (Sometimes that’s all you need... just go for collectors.)

This is in no way comprehensive. I hope it works for you. If it does, then just concentrating on upgrading those troops for now.

Good luck, but I hope you have fun, too.

Thanks... and, isn't that what it's ALL about? Having Fun! lol!

As for funneling? Idk what that means... I've noticed most of my attacks, my troops never go where I want! Lol!

I came to th 9 like 1 month ago and I did farming using loonion ...... Believe me its the best coz u take a part of defenses down with loons and drop minions to take the collector loot... Crystal 2 has lots of dead bases....So I would suggest to upgrade loons first to lvl 6 as they are deadly and when u unlock lava hound u will get to use the op strategy lavaloon which can wreck bases in war too...

AND... as for my troops? Well, they get expensive and TIME consuming to research! lol That's probably why i have not spent much time on them in the lab! It's only a L6 Lab btw. Idk if that is apparant or not in the screen shots.

So... while all that is going on... what should I be researching in what order? I've got 21 hours left on L3 Healer.

Oh Leethalforce... it should be noted... my clan is only that of THREE... and the other two (i know em personally, my own kids), are quite lower than I, and are learning from me! I started the Clan to join them with me! lol. I'd consider building it up, but I'm trying to get them leveled higher first so they can be more of help in the clan! So... as for getting much of anything for reinforcements? not really. I get a few L1 archers occasionally! Donated Spells? NOT for LONG time!

I figure eventually someone will join and help me at the higher levels. lol!
    Last edited by LordDman; March 18th, 2019 at 07:41 AM.

@torq
    thanks... i've read somewhere those Lavahounds are expensive. Isn't the objective of farming to go in poor come out rich? Basically cheap armies to build, targeting the highest richest bases and effectively looting?

Just curious. I might consider Loonions though... i'll try different combinations.
    Last edited by LordDman; March 18th, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToRQUE447 View Post
    I came to th 9 like 1 month ago and I did farming using loonion ...... Believe me its the best coz u take a part of defenses down with loons and drop minions to take the collector loot... Crystal 2 has lots of dead bases....So I would suggest to upgrade loons first to lvl 6 as they are deadly and when u unlock lava hound u will get to use the op strategy lavaloon which can wreck bases in war too...
    Torque447 has a good point. Work on your lab then upgrade loons. then minions, then drags. In the meantime, use the troops I suggested, just as they are. They’ll serve you well. And as Torque also suggested, stay in the lower levels. I know 2000-3000 trophies is good if you can get that far but for now just hit bases with loot that covers your costs and gives you extra for upgrades.

The key to funneling is to take out all possible distractions that will veer your troops away from the quaked area. I use ranged attackers like archers for buildings just out of reach of defenses, but you’ll have to learn what distance that is. Archers take about 20 seconds to destroy a building so give them time before you deploy your troops. Wizards can take out buildings in two blasts.... 3 blasts at the level your’s are. Just get rid of the distractions and then your troops will follow each other into the quaked area. You have to time it so by the time troops see the distractions, they’re gone and head to the funnel. You’ll get the hang of it. It just takes some practice. Maybe ask clanmates if you can challenge their bases. If you don’t have a clan, PM me and you can join my clan. Leave any time you want. No pressure.
    Last edited by LeethalForce; March 18th, 2019 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks. I spent the last hour maybe, sense last comment, on YT... Klaus Family channel. I will probably follow him now, and watch more of his videos.

I watched his Fundamentals of War ep 1-3 (Luring, Killing CC, and Funneling, respectively). Than a longer video on BARCH farming. I currently have MAX Barb, til I up my lab (L6 atm), & L4 Arch but Idk how effective they'll be at the level they are! I will try and Up my Archer next, when healer done. I did train my next army as you said, but your math was off. I got 30 Arch, 40 Gob, 10 Wiz, 1 Pek, and 13 G's for a 200 size army! With 3 EQ's, and 2 Heals. Now to look for a base!

Q; How to spot a DEAD base?
    Last edited by LordDman; March 18th, 2019 at 08:56 AM.