Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Misleading townies global

Misleading townies global

In the weekly calendar for the week ending today you had mentioned the 4 days townies global as " 2 + 3 buildings " . Some of us realized late that one building visitors were also counted . I did that after serving 43 visitors in 2 or 3 buildings . Imagine how empty our barns looked after the global because of your goof . And on a power derby too ...

Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding is the visitors needed to be served in 2 or more buildings at least.

Example...
    I serve a visitor in two (or three) buildings & counts toward global. Then he goes to another town and essentially served in a third building therefore getting counted in the next town as a “third” building. But...

If I send them away without serving & they go to the next town they would not count as they were only served in one building & not meeting the minimum.

That is how I understood the process.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRaptor View Post
    Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding is the visitors needed to be served in 2 or more buildings at least.

Example...
    I serve a visitor in two (or three) buildings & counts toward global. Then he goes to another town and essentially served in a third building therefore getting counted in the next town as a “third” building. But...

If I send them away without serving & they go to the next town they would not count as they were only served in one building & not meeting the minimum.

That is how I understood the process.

It is my understanding that the News reads as the event required fully served 2 and 3 building town visitors to count, however, I did not notice this and I;

almost never serve 3 building peeps
    only rarely serve 2 building peeps and
    do almost exclusively Personal Train visitors

i guess Personal Train townies were not supposed to count? There is no way I would have served 80 multi building townies

whether they are served or dismissed, I don’t think they were supposed to count
    Last edited by WussyPuss; March 17th, 2019 at 08:06 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Centennial Club
    I can confirm that served personal train visitors (1 building) were counted to your goal. Noticed it on the first day but I chose to stay quiet as it was easier to achieve goals this way.

Don't know if it was intentional or not but at least the weekly calendar was misleading (and in several different language options too, not just in english).

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    i guess Personal Train townies were not supposed to count? There is no way I would have served 80 multi building townies

whether they are served or dismissed, I don’t think they were supposed to count
    I “believe” visitors picked up with personal train that have been fully served in previous town count. Just not ones picked up by personal train that were dismissed from eggpress without fully served in previous towns.

The last time they did a town event like this where it said in the description “serve 2 +3 buildings” the same thing happened. It didn’t count visitors from my personal train that were picked up from previous town that were fully served & released “before” event started. But later in the day they did count as they were fully served “after” event started.

That was merely my observation and have no idea if it was a glitch or that’s how it was programmed to work. If someone picked up a visitor that was not served in previous town and it still counted even though he/she was only served in one building total than it was either a glitch or programming error. That’s my best guess

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRaptor View Post
    I “believe” visitors picked up with personal train that have been fully served in previous town count. Just not ones picked up by personal train that were dismissed from eggpress without fully served in previous towns.

The last time they did a town event like this where it said in the description “serve 2 +3 buildings” the same thing happened. It didn’t count visitors from my personal train that were picked up from previous town that were fully served & released “before” event started. But later in the day they did count as they were fully served “after” event started.

That was merely my observation and have no idea if it was a glitch or that’s how it was programmed to work. If someone picked up a visitor that was not served in previous town and it still counted even though he/she was only served in one building total than it was either a glitch or programming error. That’s my best guess
    I picked up passengers from my baby farm that had not been served there and they counted. This was well into the event.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

Pro Member
    I never even noticed. I usually hold my townies hostage until I get a good train/ building/ person task. I did several of those during the derby so I didn't even notice if some of them didn't count.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Forum Superstar
    They definitely counted. I was actually wondering and tested this. they counted.

Also on the event board it never did say it was only for 2 - 3 building townies, that was only on the event calendar.
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! - Permits: 56/Approximately a million
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 63/Rep 16~

Quote Originally Posted by EllunaHellen View Post
    They definitely counted. I was actually wondering and tested this. they counted.

Also on the event board it never did say it was only for 2 - 3 building townies, that was only on the event calendar.
    Okay, thank you, elluna

i only checked after the fact. Like I implied, if it was only 2 and 3 serve townies which counted, I never would have done 80 and reached all personal event goals.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I also noticed that townies who has been fully served in my town were available for my neighbours to pick up. Instead of Going home, they were Waiting for a Train. And the reverse was also true. My neighbours always had plenty of townies for me to pick up even though we were all serving everyone who came to our town in order to reach the goal.
    I didn’t want to say anything during the event in case it was changed. I’d certainly made getting those lovely diamonds easier.
    Level 103
    Daily player

#YP8GG9PQ