Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we improve the Help task and get rid of "trees please"?

Trainee

Can we improve the Help task and get rid of "trees please"?

Hi Guys. This is my first post on this forum. It is a suggestion to improve the Help task and make it fairer to all players.

The problem with the Help task as it stands is that it is an easy option for lazy hoodies. Many hoodies wait for Help tasks to appear and say "trees please" inviting other hoodies to put up the helps for them. The hoodie with the task uses no resources or coins of their own and it is other members of the hood who put up the helps who are using saws and axes, and coins for replacement trees and bushes. It does seem inequitable that a person should be able to complete a task entirely at the expense of other (hard-working) hoodies.

My proposed solution is to modify the Help task to put more responsibility on the person who takes the task. In addition to helps on trees and bushes we have helps on boat crates, trucks, and town buildings. My suggestion is that the help task should be modified so that only boat, trucks, and town helps count towards the task. Given that the Help task would then become more resource intensive perhaps, say, 20 helps would be enough to complete a 320 point task with corresponding reductions for lower point tasks. Modifying the help task in this way would undoubtedly be fairer to hard working hoodies and would remove the curse of those hoodies who are content to take the credit and rewards for merely saying "trees please".

An additional benefit would be fewer farms with dead trees and bushes waiting for help tasks to come up.

I would welcome views and opinions please.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfricthewild View Post
    Hi Guys. This is my first post on this forum. It is a suggestion to improve the Help task and make it fairer to all players.

The problem with the Help task as it stands is that it is an easy option for lazy hoodies. Many hoodies wait for Help tasks to appear and say "trees please" inviting other hoodies to put up the helps for them. The hoodie with the task uses no resources or coins of their own and it is other members of the hood who put up the helps who are using saws and axes, and coins for replacement trees and bushes. It does seem inequitable that a person should be able to complete a task entirely at the expense of other (hard-working) hoodies.

My proposed solution is to modify the Help task to put more responsibility on the person who takes the task. In addition to helps on trees and bushes we have helps on boat crates, trucks, and town buildings. My suggestion is that the help task should be modified so that only boat, trucks, and town helps count towards the task. Given that the Help task would then become more resource intensive perhaps, say, 20 helps would be enough to complete a 320 point task with corresponding reductions for lower point tasks. Modifying the help task in this way would undoubtedly be fairer to hard working hoodies and would remove the curse of those hoodies who are content to take the credit and rewards for merely saying "trees please".

An additional benefit would be fewer farms with dead trees and bushes waiting for help tasks to come up.

I would welcome views and opinions please.
    Why not just say to your NH hey I have trees but you will need to trade saws for them? We do alot of trading in my NH so this isn't a real problem.

Millennial Club
    There should be a mix of hard and easy tasks, people have different amounts of time that they can spend on the game.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

Pro Member
    I don't have an issue with people asking for trees and bushes. As long as I feel they are trying other sources. My issue is we have a neighbor who ONLY does trees and bushes in our neighborhood. He is "too busy" to look in the paper. He is also "too busy" to do any production task. He has been asked to leave. It was a harsh way to deal with the problem but it had to be done. I think you need to figure out a way to deal with this that works for your neighborhood. Maybe say that they can only ask for their last 10 helps in the neighborhood or trade 10 helps for axes and saws. Help tasks are really the only way for the smaller farms to participate in the derby. But anyone over level 20 really can do other tasks as well.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Why not just have 3 different “help” tasks? This may encourage neighbors to work their town or do a boat even if they are not on a boat or town task at that time.
    Level 166
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Leave the help tasks alone. They work just fine as they are, if you have a problem in your hood, then it is up to your hood to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    Leave the help tasks alone. They work just fine as they are, if you have a problem in your hood, then it is up to your hood to fix the problem.
    I agree. Please don’t change the Help task.

For me to help with boats/trucks/town exclusively would be a nightmare. Yes, I do help with those things whenever possible but... most often I see requests for things I’m low on & hard to replace (lobster & anything made with it, way more sugar & dairy products than I can make & store, lots of items above my level). Hard to ask for my hoodies help to flag their boat crates/truck/town as we are not always online at the same time... that means a lot of waiting for them to appear &/or searching the paper.

I vote to leave help as it is because it covers: trees/bushes, boat crates, trucks, & town, which leaves the help to be done that best works for anyone & any situation.

To me, changing help task in this way would stink, I routinely save up helps for this purpose. Remember it is a team effort, if you feel someone on your team is not pulling their load then dump them.

Since this is your first post, may I offer a suggestion?

If you’re having a problem with a hoodie taking help tasks you have several options...

* Try and take the help tasks before they do.
    * Trash the help tasks before they take them.
    * If they do take help don’t flag your trees/bushes. Flag trucks/boat/town orders instead or make them hunt the paper.
    * If they are a continual problem, kick them out of the hood.

I once had a hoodie take help exclusively. She was a college student and it was all she had time for. This was perfectly fine with us and we saved all help tasks for her to do.

Maybe find out what her situation is & see if there are any other tasks you can encourage & help her complete?

Well I actually like this idea. The help task is often more a task for your hoodies then yourself.