Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TIME - How did SC miss this

Centennial Club

TIME - How did SC miss this

Darien, you mentioned in the past, for supercell to take notice of something, we should approach it in a light that the dev's can see.

So we know the OP tornado trap, OP Ice Golems have pretty much started a Clash revolt of hating even logging in, but we have so much time and so many friends here, we are just logging in to keep attacking, but I think its fair to say most TH12's dislike war. (Myself included)

Lets look at this from another angle

Our attacks are only 3 minutes (180 seconds)....With more defense, more everything in the past, we were told its "apart of the strategy". So we accepted and learned to shorted our AQ walks ect. Fast forward to recent, still the same 3 minute time frame that most of us have adapted to. Supercell added Ice golem, something that freezes you for 6.5S. 2 ice golems, 13 seconds. Then a tornado trap that locks you down for another 10 seconds. So for a total of 23 seconds, your troops are essentially useless (if they even survive 23 seconds of being a defenseless puppy).

This means, we have lost potentially another 13% (12.7% to be exact) of our timed strategy.

I really want that to sink in 23S/180S is 12.7% of our attack time! That is essentially stolen from us and we are expected to shorten and even survive this new META. It was mentioned in the larger thread, when a troop/spell is OP, SC is FAST to swing the hammer and nerf it into oblivion, but when it comes to something that is the opposite direction, we sit around for months usually until there is some sort of fix.

Now I get it, nerfing is easier than buffing and these things need to be well thought out. But at the same time, when a game of "strategy" tosses in this big of a variable, maybe the dev team should consider a dooms day option for any new troop/trap/spell addition just in case this type of situation happens.

You mentioned the dev team is always building a better mouse trap when we create smarter mice. But when that smarter mouse has 13% of it body cut clean off, there needs to be a safeguard...when there is a risk for danger to anything, there are safeguards put in place. This should be no different. This company makes billions of dollars, Im actually kind of shocked the releases are just tossed out there and just hoping for the best. For each new troop maybe a plan of "if its to strong break this glass" "if its to weak, break here". and have those plans set and ready to go.

Because now we have a group of people frustrated (some vocal some not). That just randomly stop playing the game, we are having clan members leave, friends, and people that keep us all tied together enjoying the game. When things like this happen (and they have, this isnt the first). We all struggle to keep the clan together, and basically grin and bear through it.
    Last edited by Poland; March 17th, 2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote: So we know the OP tornado trap, OP Ice Golems have pretty much started a Clash revolt of hating even logging in, but we have so much time and so many friends here, we are just logging in to keep attacking, but I think its fair to say most TH12's dislike war. (Myself included)

Clash Revolt? I missed the invite apparently. No one in my clan even mentions the tornado trap or ice golems since we realize both sides have the same game play to deal with.

And you do realize this 12.7% time decrease you calculated only applies to those troops impacted by Icee or tornadoes? Not your entire army.....
    Last edited by Jwp721; March 17th, 2019 at 02:14 PM.

[Rambling] How do frozen flying troops (that flap wings) stay in the air? I don't like how the ice golems freeze air troops, especially when electro drags start chasing ice golems only to freeze themselves. Shouldn't an inferno tower, with its intense heat, thaw frozen troops?

if tornado trap would affect above ground miners, I would be totally ok with tornado trap.
    -60-60-30-
    ---{--------------
    #8G9P0GQUG

To read about my Simple Solution to Clouding click here

"most th12's dislike war"
    Lol. 100 Lols

I love war, everyone in my clan loves war. You ain't speaking for me and my clannies OP

Pro Member
    in the past few years, coc Nerf's and buff's caused players to quit.. then the rule changes , like the rule of three then rule of five back to rule of three with little notice to players took it's toll on more players leaving this game to find something better... at super cell they have the data as to the health of this game... at this point does it matter any more....cause over the years of playing this game I have seen so many of these types of posts about buff's, Nerf's, game meta changes, and seeing first hand what these Nerf's and buff's did in destroying the fun that players had in playing, causing those players to leave that got tired of the constant frustrations ,.. so I have come to a cynical conclusion, once a player come to the understanding that it not about the game but more about the money generated from the game ..then the player may have a better understanding why coc does what it does....

New Bloke/Chick
    This post is silly...who are you talking about? All the 12s I know through various discord communities love war because it is better than ever now with so much variety to choose from in attack style. And tornado and ice golem are certainly not OP as you claim. They affect a tiny part of your army only and you just need to learn how to deal with them. It is same for both teams.
    Last edited by Tilt1027; March 17th, 2019 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

New Bloke/Chick
    [QUOTE=Poland;12130458][I]
    So we know the OP tornado trap, OP Ice Golems have pretty much started a Clash revolt of hating even logging in, but we have so much time and so many friends here, we are just logging in to keep attacking, but I think its fair to say most TH12's dislike war. (Myself included)
    [QUOTE]

I couldn't even get past this.
    Last edited by Gozyjr; March 17th, 2019 at 03:26 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybod View Post
    "most th12's dislike war"
    Lol. 100 Lols

I love war, everyone in my clan loves war. You ain't speaking for me and my clannies OP
    You must clearly be tripling every base in every war and nobody ever complains.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt1027 View Post
    This post is silly...who are you talking about? All the 12s I know through various discord communities love war because it is better than ever now with so much variety to choose from in attack style. And tornado and ice golem are certainly not OP as you claim. They affect a tiny part of your army only and you just need to learn how to deal with them. It is same for both teams.
    Tilt, Im on those same communities and its a ripple through them all, everybody complains about the same exact thing. Im sure the SC data is showing the lower number of th12 triples too

[QUOTE=Gozyjr;12130571][QUOTE=Poland;12130458][I]

I couldn't even get past this.
    Then dont, this isnt for the know it all people who act like they can triple anything. This is for the reality of clans that carry mostly max th12s and see the issue across the board. For the casual player who wants to play and enjoy the game.

Even SC has noticed there is a problem, so this isnt some fly by night thing.

And yes if it locks those troops in place, its locking a portion of your attack, so yes, its locking your army for 23 seconds.

Centennial Club
    I actually enjoy war more as th12 than th11. The expectation to get 3 stars every attack is stressful. As a 12, 2stars and a decent % is a great result...a result your clan can often win with.

Is the SAT unfair because everyone can't get a 1600? Perfection shouldn't be the standard 9f enjoyment.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Poland View Post
    You must clearly be tripling every base in every war and nobody ever complains.....

Tilt, Im on those same communities and its a ripple through them all, everybody complains about the same exact thing. Im sure the SC data is showing the lower number of th12 triples too
    [QUOTE=Gozyjr;12130571]
    Quote Originally Posted by Poland View Post
    [I]

Then dont, this isnt for the know it all people who act like they can triple anything. This is for the reality of clans that carry mostly max th12s and see the issue across the board. For the casual player who wants to play and enjoy the game.

Even SC has noticed there is a problem, so this isnt some fly by night thing.

And yes if it locks those troops in place, its locking a portion of your attack, so yes, its locking your army for 23 seconds.
    And your knowledgeable enough to state that people 'hate' logging in and are revolting against a (optional) free to play game? I get that the traps are annoying and quite a few people would like some changes to them but to generalise your grievances is just....(insert word)
    Last edited by Gozyjr; March 17th, 2019 at 04:22 PM.