Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone took ownership of the neighbourhood

Someone took ownership of the neighbourhood

Someone took ownership of our neighbourhood. We don’t know how. He just promoted himself. What should we do?
    Last edited by altariann; March 16th, 2019 at 06:06 PM.

What do u mean?
    🐷🐝FLYING PIGS & HONEY BEE'S🐝🐷

If the leader has been inactive for 30 days leadership is automatically assigned to the next player that has been there the longest. This change was made to help Neighborhoods that have been abandoned by their leaders.

All you can do is contact the new leader and ask them to relinquish leadership back to the original leader. The leader has the ability to demote themselves & give leadership to anyone.

To clarify what SilverRaptor stated, the new leadership should go to the longest serving co-leader.

That being said, when this change was first introduced there was a glitch that caused the wrong person to be promoted. And the leader only needed to be absent (not signed in) for 2 weeks. The time limit changed and the glitch was fixed, but there was no way to put right those NHs that were initially affected.

The best one can do is ask for leadership back, or leave and create a new NH. Hopefully some of your long time neighbors would follow.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Pro Member
    A few questions.
    Is the leader active?
    Is this a person who has been in the neighborhood long?
    Is the neighborhood set to "anyone can join"?

If you don't feel good about the situation perhaps you should add everyone you know and play the game well with to be your in game friend. Leave the neighborhood, start your own, and invite them all to join you in the new neighborhood. I also might contact customer support and tell them the details of what happened.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Fresh Spawn
    Well thats really not ok... i just found out today that i also lost ownership of my neighborhood because i have been inactive for some time because of illness. It should really be fixed because it could happend that we risc that “the new leader” kick the real owner out of the neigborhood and when we return to the game, we come back to nothing..
    the argument with inactivity is not valid, because if it bothers the members so much if their leader aint there for some time, they can just leave and join another neighborhood... its really not fair to say that i as the right owner just can leave and make a new neighborhood when i normally is very active accept for this one time and have put a lot of work into creating a good neighborhood... where is the fairness in that?
    Last edited by Karina71; June 16th, 2019 at 12:18 AM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina71 View Post
    Well thats really not ok... i just found out today that i also lost ownership of my neighborhood because i have been inactive for some time because of illness. It should really be fixed because it could happend that we risc that “the new leader” kick the real owner out of the neigborhood and when we return to the game, we come back to nothing..
    the argument with inactivity is not valid, because if it bothers the members so much if their leader aint there for some time, they can just leave and join another neighborhood... its really not fair to say that i as the right owner just can leave and make a new neighborhood when i normally is very active accept for this one time and have put a lot of work into creating a good neighborhood... where is the fairness in that?
    I am sorry you were sick. Just as I am sure that you are sorry you left your neighbors with no one to protect them from people who join, take advantage then leave. I am sure you are sorry you left your team with no one to trash tasks, no one to settle disputes.
    I am sure you can see that it wasn't fair for anyone who was involved. I know it is frustrating but you can rebuild, join another neighborhood that is struggling to find good players who can help them make their neighborhood stronger.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRaptor View Post
    If the leader has been inactive for 30 days leadership is automatically assigned to the next player that has been there the longest. This change was made to help Neighborhoods that have been abandoned by their leaders.
    Momscar
    To clarify what SilverRaptor stated, the new leadership should go to the longest serving co-leader.

Players in a smaller size hood of only a few or limited activity may not be so affected by an inactive leader.
    But the larger the hood the more need for a very active leader to keep things in order, especially when a more serious derby team is involved.

I once joined a hood of about 24 but as it turned out all but 6 farms were dead including the leader farm.
    There was no one there that had level to do anything. I watched for over a month and leader farm was dead.
    Many farms get lost in an update because not backed up or player just quits playing.
    So I encouraged one player to start a new hood and become the leader and the others moved to join it.

An active hood deserves a very active leader to at least come check in daily and look things over.

The 30 day inactive period is more than long enough time before the system changes leadership.
    If a leader is going to be inactive for some time, a responsible thing to do is transfer leadership to someone that is hopefully trustworthy to transfer it back later.

I sort of wonder if the system checks first if the first co-leader is active before making leader.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I am sorry you were sick. Just as I am sure that you are sorry you left your neighbors with no one to protect them from people who join, take advantage then leave. I am sure you are sorry you left your team with no one to trash tasks, no one to settle disputes.
    I am sure you can see that it wasn't fair for anyone who was involved. I know it is frustrating but you can rebuild, join another neighborhood that is struggling to find good players who can help them make their neighborhood stronger.
    I didnt leave my neigborhood!!! It was automaticly handed over to another one while i were offline..
    and why in earth do i want to create and build up a new neigborhood. It makes no sence....
    I cant see whats unfair to the others in the neigborghood, since we were a small one and this new leader is not even online, soi could ask her to give it back to me...

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina71 View Post
    I didnt leave my neigborhood!!! It was automaticly handed over to another one while i were offline..
    and why in earth do i want to create and build up a new neigborhood. It makes no sence....
    I cant see whats unfair to the others in the neigborghood, since we were a small one and this new leader is not even online, soi could ask her to give it back to me...
    You "left" your neighbors in a bind when you were ill for a long period of time. You left them with no one to trash task, you left them with no one to kick out moochers and freeloaders. I am sorry you can't see how unfair that was. But on the upside the new leader did the same, so in a few weeks she will also be removed as leader and maybe you will get your spot back.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC