Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cups Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Xristian View Post
    I'm a near max th11. Trying to get to legend as a th11. I have two th12s. Don't intend to go up with my th11. So defence won't go up much. Proving that I can be a legend with a th11. Took a th8 to champ and a th9 to titan before. It was easier.
    Someone in my clan took his th9 to legends last season. You can do it. Be selective on the bases you attack. Look at the trophies offered, but not just the trophies offered. If you are on guard and boosted (so you know your next army is ready to go) it is ok to go after a lower cup offer if it is a very easy win. On the other hand, a difficult base design where you aren’t sure of two stars is not worth taking on unless the offer is large. Also, pay attention to shield management. The timing of when your shield ends matters when deciding whether it is worth attacking and reducing that shield. Similarly, while on shield the cup offers when you find a match must be much bigger to be worth attacking. On guard it doesn’t matter as much. 6 cups is 6 cups. On shield, though, it often isn’t worth reducing your shield for such a low amount of trophies. On shield it is better to hit next and look for a bigger offer.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Days Ago at 01:32 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Xristian View Post
    Hi all,

Is the number of cups lost on defence reasonable? (45, 10, 22, 21, 41, 16) These numbers seem big when I only find sub-10 cup offers during search.

Thanks
    With the current state of the game where any edrag spam can 2 star any base it is of course not acceptable to lose 30 trophies in high legend and spend 2 days to recover. A game should reward skill. The more skill the more you get rewarded.

Spamming one line of edrags, and one line of loons while having a zillion freeze spells with you to neutralize everything (sweepers, infernos, giga tesla, x-bows) and getting automatically 66.67% of the trophy offer in high legend is unacceptable.

A 2 star attack with the current state of the game shouldn't be rewarded with more than one third of the trophy offer. Even basing trophies on percentage is not enough. At over 5800 cups, I often get 75 to 90% on most maxed th12 just by deploying heroes to create a quick funnel first, then mindlessly spamming edrags and using 5-6 freeze spells.

Quote Originally Posted by J4sonA View Post
    With the current state of the game where any edrag spam can 2 star any base it is of course not acceptable to lose 30 trophies in high legend and spend 2 days to recover. A game should reward skill. The more skill the more you get rewarded.

Spamming one line of edrags, and one line of loons while having a zillion freeze spells with you to neutralize everything (sweepers, infernos, giga tesla, x-bows) and getting automatically 66.67% of the trophy offer in high legend is unacceptable.

A 2 star attack with the current state of the game shouldn't be rewarded with more than one third of the trophy offer. Even basing trophies on percentage is not enough. At over 5800 cups, I often get 75 to 90% on most maxed th12 just by deploying heroes to create a quick funnel first, then mindlessly spamming edrags and using 5-6 freeze spells.
    Edrag spam doesn’t get 2 stars on every base, but does get 2 stars on a lot of bases. Those who are able to average more than 2 stars per attack have a nice advantage in legends. It doesn’t make much difference in one day, but it makes a difference over the course of a full season. There are plenty of players with more wins in the 6000 range at the end of the season than the players at 6300+ and one of the reasons is they don’t average as many stars per attack.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Someone in my clan took his th9 to legends last season. You can do it. Be selective on the bases you attack. Look at the trophies offered, but not just the trophies offered. If you are on guard and boosted (so you know your next army is ready to go) it is ok to go after a lower cup offer if it is a very easy win. On the other hand, a difficult base design where you arenít sure of two stars is not worth taking on unless the offer is large. Also, pay attention to shield management. The timing of when your shield ends matters when deciding whether it is worth attacking and reducing that shield. Similarly, while on shield the cup offers when you find a match must be much bigger to be worth attacking. On guard it doesnít matter as much. 6 cups is 6 cups. On shield, though, it often isnít worth reducing your shield for such a low amount of trophies. On shield it is better to hit next and look for a bigger offer.
    Thanks! Will take note!

Sitting at 4820 trophies currently. #fighting