Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why th10 and below even bother to

i regularly see TH11's fail with edrags on our well designed th10's in war. imo th10's need to adopt tesla farms to cause massive impact upon deployed troops.

Clash to others as you expected to be Clashed! Play fair.....Adapted

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    In my clan (TH10-TH12) it’s basically the TH10s job not to get 3 starred by its peer being another TH10. Preferable make a strong TH11 use an attack on you. Yes he will end up 3 starred. Heck most of our TH11s end up 3 starred and in that sense it’s the TH11s job to not get 3 starred by another 11 and make them use a TH12 attack on them and preferably give them a run for their money.

We have a TH11 regularly taking a handful of TH12 defenses before he ends up 3 starred. In the end that costs attacks on the opponents side and less chances to clean up for stars on higher bases because sometime they just run out of attacks and leave TH12 bases 1 starred etc.

So while that TH10 or so gets 3 starred (and even the 11 if you want to look up) every single time they can certainly play their role. After all it’s a clan war where the whole clan’s effort amount to a certain result and every little cog plays its part.
    Yep, that’s the key right there. My clan runs th12-9 or th12-8. Everything th11 and under is almost always 3 starred, but the key is to try to make the enemy use a higher hall to do it. The more fails they have the less attacks they have to use on our th12s. The matchmaker has been very good lately of having the same number of th12s on both sides. The side with more th12 attacks (because their lower players did a better job) has an advantage.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    In my clan (TH10-TH12) it’s basically the TH10s job not to get 3 starred by its peer being another TH10. Preferable make a strong TH11 use an attack on you. Yes he will end up 3 starred. Heck most of our TH11s end up 3 starred and in that sense it’s the TH11s job to not get 3 starred by another 11 and make them use a TH12 attack on them and preferably give them a run for their money.

We have a TH11 regularly taking a handful of TH12 defenses before he ends up 3 starred. In the end that costs attacks on the opponents side and less chances to clean up for stars on higher bases because sometime they just run out of attacks and leave TH12 bases 1 starred etc.

So while that TH10 or so gets 3 starred (and even the 11 if you want to look up) every single time they can certainly play their role. After all it’s a clan war where the whole clan’s effort amount to a certain result and every little cog plays its part.
    Yep, this is basically spot on Kat, and similar to our clan's experience.
    As a general rule, we tend to match clans with a similar TH12 spread. Having more (or less) TH12 v TH12 hits available can often sway the final result.

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 14 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Maybe 10v10 three stars are a bit too easy for pro players, but I'd still have to be convinced. Th10 has now become a level designed for more casual players, and at the casual level 10v10 triples are extremely rare.

If you said th9 and below I would totally agree.. it is nearly a futile attempt to try and defend unless facing the most noob players which however I guess there are plenty of. Th10 is quite well balanced though I thought kinda like the th9 from a year or so ago

Quote Originally Posted by Tannkk View Post
    If you said th9 and below I would totally agree.. it is nearly a futile attempt to try and defend unless facing the most noob players which however I guess there are plenty of. Th10 is quite well balanced though I thought kinda like the th9 from a year or so ago
    I agree that TH9 and below triples are way too easy. Anyone can 3 star with mass drags at Th7 and TH8. Mass drags can result in 1 stars at Th9, but Witch Slap is a nearly guaranteed 3 star. Now that I saw the actual numbers, Th10 seems pretty well balanced. You need good planning to 3 star in a 10v10.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    I agree that TH9 and below triples are way too easy. Anyone can 3 star with mass drags at Th7 and TH8. Mass drags can result in 1 stars at Th9, but Witch Slap is a nearly guaranteed 3 star. Now that I saw the actual numbers, Th10 seems pretty well balanced. You need good planning to 3 star in a 10v10.
    And, yet, I see th8s defend against mass drags at times, if the sweeper is set up right and the air defenses are well protected.

And, yet, at th9 I often see fails even with witch slap, especially in bases set up to defend well.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Forum Veteran
    lol. Looks like every hall level is way too easy reading thru the threads.
    Obviously, everybody is a natural star player.
    Just jump to next hall level, and start farming in those 3 star war raids.

On the other hand, someone who has never played at th7 may well feel a little inferior when reading these threads, and they have not yet grown accustomed to the troops and bigger bases.
    Same as any other level.

At least give some thought to what it is/was like, in the early days, before experience allows an almost auto response when playing with alt accounts.
    Mass drags are not an auto 3. Not if you dont know how to funnel, and they simply work around the edges. Same as witch slap. Unless it is planned correctly, it will simply stall at a wall, and those witches will move into range of the guns.

Nothing in the game is a gimme, unless the strat is practiced and executed properly (or dip fest is the name of the game).
    Spam attacks are simply a state of experience and skill. What is spam for one is pure frustration for another.

So far as OP. I agree with Darian. It depends on what roster is utilised, as to how effective they are.
    It may be news to some, but not everybody wars with a heavy roster.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    And, yet, I see th8s defend against mass drags at times, if the sweeper is set up right and the air defenses are well protected.

And, yet, at th9 I often see fails even with witch slap, especially in bases set up to defend well.
    Not much experience with TH9, just what I've heard

as for TH8, it's not difficult by any means, but you can't just spam every dragon on the same tile. You have to have some sort of funnel and deploy them properly. I the same, very simple funnel on every TH8 attack I do, and not once have I failed to 3 star another TH8.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    Not much experience with TH9, just what I've heard

as for TH8, it's not difficult by any means, but you can't just spam every dragon on the same tile. You have to have some sort of funnel and deploy them properly. I the same, very simple funnel on every TH8 attack I do, and not once have I failed to 3 star another TH8.
    Is that with your first account or a mini? Way back when I was th8 the first time, a good 8 was definitely not an automatic 3 with drags. Although now, being able to get th12 level troops probably makes a difference. Back then, we were mostly 8s with a few 9s and only level 7 or 8 clan.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22