Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That AI is really bad

Angry That AI is really bad

Hey community, zeldagod14 here with a complaint about the AI of builder base troops. I was just attacking today for a clan games assignment where you need to gather destruction % in versus battles. Obviously, every building counts, and I had a bunch of raged barbarians walking toward a compartment with an archer tower at the side nearest to them, a crusher in the middle, and a double cannon furthest from them. You probably already know where this is going.

I expected them to attack the archer tower, since it was closest to them, but instead, they walk around it, stand directly next to the crusher to target the double cannon! What the heck? There went a quarter of my army of barbs, with one smash. This got me thinking, why didnít Supercell just copy and paste the targeting for regular barbarians. They never have any stupid moments as far as I know, so why did the raged barbs do that? And the worst part? Raged barbs are actually some of the smarter builder base troops! You should see the Battle Machine, or the sneaky archers! Now thatís dumb!

Please fix this Supercell! I donít care if you just copy and paste the code from the home base troops, do SOMETHING!

You are correct. The targeting is screwed up on the BB. Especially on the Battle Machine. I remember back a couple years ago when we first got the BB lots of people were on here complaining and SC was claiming that they had copied the targeting from the main base but it is obviously not the same. No troop should ever walk around any viable target except when pursuing Guard post troops. But it happens all the time. I think either SC is unable to fix the bug or they just do not want to. It can be quite frustrating at times. Not much we can do about it. There seems to be some random things that happen at times. BB seems to be like 50% skill and 50% luck when it comes to succeeding.

Except...lots of time, the AI’s response is predictable - frustrating, yes, but predictable nonetheless. We’ve had many, many discussions on this one in the forum as well. Bases are designed with the AI’s decision matrix in mind - placing certain structures in a specific way so as to cause a troop to lock onto this while that is pummeling it, redirecting troops into a Crusher, getting troops to beat on a wall rather than walking around...or vice-versa.

The decision matrix for the RB is pretty straightforward - it’s a melee troop and will usually go for whatever is closest within it’s scanned targets. You’d have to grab some screenshots for us, but I’ll wager it did exactly what we would expect.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    Hey community, zeldagod14 here with a complaint about the AI of builder base troops. I was just attacking today for a clan games assignment where you need to gather destruction % in versus battles. Obviously, every building counts, and I had a bunch of raged barbarians walking toward a compartment with an archer tower at the side nearest to them, a crusher in the middle, and a double cannon furthest from them. You probably already know where this is going.

I expected them to attack the archer tower, since it was closest to them, but instead, they walk around it, stand directly next to the crusher to target the double cannon! What the heck? There went a quarter of my army of barbs, with one smash. This got me thinking, why didnít Supercell just copy and paste the targeting for regular barbarians. They never have any stupid moments as far as I know, so why did the raged barbs do that? And the worst part? Raged barbs are actually some of the smarter builder base troops! You should see the Battle Machine, or the sneaky archers! Now thatís dumb!

Please fix this Supercell! I donít care if you just copy and paste the code from the home base troops, do SOMETHING!
    I feel you man......raged barbarians are so stupid and idiotic. This same thing happened to me countless times. The thing that hurts the most is that when a bh is surrounded by two crushers on both sides. The little einsteins and newtons tend to go straight towards the crushers rather than the bh.

Supercell needs to also fix the cannon cart. When a canon cart is shooting a building but has its main power down...as it breaks it goes onto to shoot another building leaving the previous building that (if broken) would have earned me 2 stars.
    JUST WHYYYYYYYY??????

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiSamuraiSama01 View Post
    I feel you man......raged barbarians are so stupid and idiotic. This same thing happened to me countless times. The thing that hurts the most is that when a bh is surrounded by two crushers on both sides. The little einsteins and newtons tend to go straight towards the crushers rather than the bh.

Supercell needs to also fix the cannon cart. When a canon cart is shooting a building but has its main power down...as it breaks it goes onto to shoot another building leaving the previous building that (if broken) would have earned me 2 stars.
    JUST WHYYYYYYYY??????
    yes I have seen this as well as the The BM heading toward one target suddenly change its mind and walk around a wall and go after another. I have seen the BM attacking one target then stop and go after another. I have had other troops do similar things but it is most obvious with the BM. When the BM walks past a target and then turns around and comes back to attack the target it just walked past, I do not see how these types of things can be predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pjask View Post
    yes I have seen this as well as the The BM heading toward one target suddenly change its mind and walk around a wall and go after another. I have seen the BM attacking one target then stop and go after another. I have had other troops do similar things but it is most obvious with the BM. When the BM walks past a target and then turns around and comes back to attack the target it just walked past, I do not see how these types of things can be predictable.
    In most cases, they can be explained if you understand the troop AI. For example, the BM changes direction when his original target is destroyed or after about 6 seconds of not coming in contact with his chosen target. He targets the three nearest buildings and stays on point until they are destroyed or he is otherwise redirected. And, of course, GP troops can pull him off his target as well.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

I feel you bro.

I still remember my BM choose to walk around wall to beat a elixir storage, my canon cart choose to shoot gem mine rather than the BH, the baby dragon love to gathering, archer walk diagonal so canon can double shoot her. But the broken one is giant, it's prefer walk around that beat the wall it's realy easy to redirect to crusher.

This is why BH fail to attract people, don't get me wrong i play it but it just broken.

Could you include a sketch of the situation, to help us better understand what exactly happened.

Like this:
    AT=Archer Tower
    DC=Double Cannon
    C=Crusher
    -=Wall piece
    +=barbs

- - - - -
    - -
    - DC -
    - -
    -
    C -
    -
    + - -
    + + - AT -
    + + - -
    - - - - -
    Last edited by Rascal2013; 6 Days Ago at 12:21 PM.

Just grab a screenshot or two and post them....
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

New Bloke/Chick
    I stopped using baby dragons on the BB due to bad AI.
    Back when my BB was 6 & 7 I used baby drags a lot along with night witches. 1 camp baby drags, rest witches.
    Stopped using them when I had the following happen a dozen or so times: BM and NWs clear everything up to the builder hall including the guard post troops and a few other things.
    I drop one BD, targetting recticle appears directly on the builder hall, BD gets in range of builder hall and then attacks another target, same for the other BDs.......after that happened a dozen or so times I've never used them again.
    The only reason a unit should change targets is if the original target gets destroyed or to help kill the guard post troops.
    There is no reason a unit should randomly change targets after getting in range of the original target.
    Makes no sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by joemann8478; 6 Days Ago at 04:32 AM.