Thread: Shockwave Spell - Put some zest into your battle! Spell Factory Level 6!

Millennial Club

Shockwave Spell - Put some zest into your battle! Spell Factory Level 6!

Hey guys!
    Ideabulb here and I'm back to the Ideas Sub-Forum after a long time!
    What really motivated me to make some ideas was a post by
    iGroot - Offense has become stagnant. Defense has caught up!

I really felt that what he was saying is right! A messy Tornado Trap, a frosty Ice Golem from the CC, a mighty volley from the Eagle Artillery, the Giga Tesla and Inferno Towers, all bound to make it almost impossible to get a 3 Star after Town Hall 10, more frequent in TH12.

So I thought of a Spell that could revolutionize things a little, a spell that puts some zest into the battle and that's the sort of Spell we need! And yes, a Spell to be unlocked in the Elixir Spell Factory! (Hopefully)

So then here goes... Wait before it really does. A little Advisory!
    Advisory - After just briefing through the Description or tidbits here and there in this post, please don't prematurely judge it, compare it to a Lightning, Freeze or whatever and start saying what not about this spell. Please be sure to read it carefully before you start criticising or whatever. Criticism helps but not dumb ones.

So here it really goes...

The Shockwave Spell -

"Brewed secretly from the essence of the Mighty Electro Dragon, the Shockwave Spell strikes with thunderbolt chains on 3 defenses with the most hitpoints, getting weaker on each strike , briefly stunning and temporarily weakening them."

Now I had to copy the picture of Zap Spell from Clash Royale, cause I'll admit but I'm terrible at photoshopping or anything...

The Shockwave Spell is unlocked in Spell Factory Level 6, in Town Hall 11, and like most other spells it occupies 2 Housing Space as well. That's quite a heavy spell, for the fact that it does pack quite a punch.

The Shockwave Spell only targets defenses as mentioned in the description. The concept is based on the Electro Dragon's attack of Chain Lightning. The Shockwave Spell hits 3 Defenses, with quite high damage, dealing most damage to the first defense and bounces to the next defense of highest hitpoints and finally ends at the defense with the 3rd highest hitpoints.

But there's more than that. Similar to the Lightning Spell in Clash Royale, each of these buildings are temporarily stunned before they resume attacking (NOT RESET), and deal less damage for the next 3 attacks.

Spell Mechanics:

The Chain Lightning mechanism is similar to that of the Electro Dragon,
    And hence it can only affect more than one defense as long as they are within 1 tile away/apart from each other.
    Supposing there is a Defense A of 2000HP, Defense B of 1200HP and Defense C of 1000HP. And if all of them are 1 tile away from each other, the Chain lightning will attack A first, B and then C.
    This tile distance is regardless of how the buildings are arranged. It's not necessary that all the 3 Defenses are in a straight line but in any pattern like a triangle, but the building of highest points are hit first.

But however, if A and C are zero-one tile(s) away, but B is 2 tiles away, then only A and C will be hit, as B is not within the 1 tile radius for the Lightning to take effect.

Suppose a Defense A is surrounded by 3 Defenses of Same Hitpoints, then the Lightning will take the closest path from deployment. Mathematically, the diagonal length is the longest compared to the length of the other sides of a quadrilateral, and based on this approach it will pick the other 2 buildings after A.

Each chain jump deals 20% lesser damage to its next target. so if the Shockwave did 100 Damage on the first strike, it would deal 80 damage on the next one.

But remember, if you Shockwaved only one building, then the Shockwave would do only 100 Damage and not more than that.

Take Advantage of a Spell showing its radius premature to attack!

Yes, you heard me right! When the Shockwave Spell is deployed, it shows a greyish blue circle around its area of influence like a Hurricane Whirlwind or Storm, like how the Rage Spell turns purple when deployed in its 5 tile radius. What's the point of this?

It's to prevent it from violating the Law: Dealing highest damage to the building of highest points and jump accordingly. If Defense A had more hitpoints than B, and I deployed a Shockwave on B, it would be unfair for the Spell to bounce from B and ignore A due to its mechanics. So when you deploy it, you'd now be aware of the radius of effect.

If A,B and C are closely connected buildings of 1 tile gap or lesser, and I put a Shockwave on B, then for a brief period of a second or two, a grey cloud storm forms around its area of influence. If the spell is deployed right, then it will cover all buildings A,B and C and start with A, then B and then C if A has highest HP and C has the lowest.

This ensures that its Law is maintained and helps you to use the Spell more effectively and to show the area around which it can affect defenses.

But Caution: If a Defense A is placed around Resource Buildings or such, then only A is to receive the damage and the Resources are unaffected...

Seems Overpowering and Dominating? Not really. I had to think a lot about the weakening part of it, and don't worry cause I've got it all covered.

Weaknesses of this Spell -
    1) Although the Chain Lightning concept seems really strong, you can relax cause, at the highest Level, a Shockwave Spell can only deal 650 Damage to the Building of most hitpoints, before chaining. (Usually it's because the Description is used as a Marketing tactic to make users use it ASAP)

2) It deals very less damage when compared to a Lightning (400 Damage at Max.level) and hence a Lightning is more preferred for purely Damage.

3) It isn't very effective on those bases where defenses are very well spread out (2+ tiles), so it might just attack, stun and weaken only one defense as well.

4) The mechanism must be understood and can't be treated like a Lightning Spell. If there is an Inferno Tower with like a slim amount of Hitpoints left but covered with 3 Defenses having more HP than it, it is less likely that the Inferno is targetted unless used to your advantage, deploying the spell properly if POSSIBLE.

5) As mentioned above, it doesn't RESET or completely STUN damage of Defenses like a Freeze Spell, only pauses their attack cycle, and in the case of an Single Target Inferno Tower, it resets its damage to 60% of Max. Damage and the Inferno continues burning from there (starts dealing 60% and then 100%), unlike Freeze that completely stops it.

6) It isn't very effective against an X-Bow, since it shoots really quickly, and hence the weaken effect won't make much of a difference against it, but it still will get a stun and damage.

Stun. Zap. Weaken.

This is also a vital part of the Spell. This also contributes to its 2 Housing Space for an Elixir Spell. A bit like the Zap Spell from Clash Royale, this Spell also induces a brief stun on the defenses it targets and not everything in its area.

This just pauses the Attack Cycle but doesn't reset their Attack Cycle. Suppose a Cannon was stunned just before attacking, after the Stun effect is over, the Defense resumes attacking. The Stun Duration is a fixed duration and doesn't change with upgrades like how a Freeze Spell does.

Plus, you get a tiny bonus. The Stunned and Damaged Defenses, are also weakened for 3 attacks and their DPS is reduced by 45% during these two attacks, helping you to attack better and more efficiently. So enemy defenses, deal 55% of their total damage in these 3 turns and then again 100% Damage.

But the case is different for an Inferno Tower. For a Single target Inferno Tower, they get a stun, after which they are NOT RESET, but instead continue from dealing 55% of their Max. Damage until they reach their highest damage drain again.

It also works different on an Eagle Artillery, making them deal 45% less damage during ONE volley, as one volley launches 3 Projectiles, and hence each of the projectiles deal 45% lesser damage.

Teach those Eagles a lesson!

This is the secret part about this Spell. I didn't reveal much about it in the start, but the Shockwave Spell has more preference to attack an Eagle Artillery and since it has quite high hitpoints, it usually tends to be attacked in the first strike.

The Shockwave Spell deals a bonus 1.5 times damage to the Eagle Artillery compared to other defenses.
    But it can be a problem when the Eagle Artillery and Giga Tesla are within close range. Since the Giga Tesla can be considered as a defense when opened, the Shockwave cannot violate the Law but attack the Giga Tesla first as it has 7500 HP. But regardless of how much damage it deals to the Eagle Artillery, it will be 1.5 times of that EVEN IF THE CHAIN DAMAGE SHOULD DECREASE.

To make things simple to understand:
    If my Shockwave deals 100 Damage on the first attack to a Giga Tesla, It is meant to do only 80 Damage to the next building, but if it is an Eagle Artillery, it becomes 120, and for the final chain it won't deal 96 Damage but instead deal 64 damage, as the chain continues from 80 Damage as its clock.

Now for those nerds who have been waiting! Here come the Statistics.

Statistics: [Level 1]

1) Damage (First Strike): 240 (Becomes 400 at Max. Level)
    2) Damage Decrease : 28% (Becomes 45% at Max. Level)
    3) Brewing Cost : 23,000 Elixir (Becomes 28,000 Elixir at Max.Level)
    4) Brewing Time : 6 Minutes
    5) Housing Space : 2
    6) Stun Duration : 1 sec (Stays same regardless of Level)
    7) Radius : Yet to decide (either gonna be 4 tiles or 4.5 tiles)
    8) Favourite Target : Eagle Artillery (Damage x1.5) and Other Defenses(Normal Damage)
    9) Assumed Max. Level: Level 4/Level 5
    10) Unlocked in : Presumed to be Town Hall 11

Although, the Spell may deal 1.5 times the Damage at First Strike to an Eagle Artillery, this means 6 Shockwaves + 1 Earthquake Spell can destroy completely an Eagle Artillery Level 1, but it isn't very recommended or viable, as the Shockwave is an Active Spell not passive.

The same can be achieved with 6 Lightning Spells and an Earthquake, but again no one does that, so fear not about what I said.

Offensive Strategy:

Note that this Spell cannot be used like a Lightning which is usually deployed before the troops are deployed, but must be used actively during Battle like a Rage Spell or a Heal Spell. Suppose your Giants are wrecking a wall, but some Cannon and Archer Towers are mowing him down, then using the Shockwave can damage the buildings, temporarily stun, disarm them and weaken them for the next 3 attack cycles.

It has great potential against the Eagle Artillery when it starts to mow down troops. This will make it do lesser damage for one volley, briefly stun it giving you some time and also deal huge bonus damage to it. This helps you save up on your Freeze Spells and the GW's Eternal Tome and not waste them.

It can be useful in LavaLoon strategies by using it on Air Defenses, giving more time for your balloons to clear up the mess.

It wouldn't be as viable as a Lightning, since it deals only 400 Damage at Max. Level and you would need 3-4 Shockwaves for an Air Defense, but this isn't recommended.

Carrying 1 or 2 Shockwaves would help in your regular attacks, clumping down bunch of those Wizard Towers and stuff. You could as well take 1 in CC

Shockwave Spells cannot be deployed like a Lightning Spell, but must be deployed actively, or progressively during battle like a Heal or Rage, when troops find it difficult breaking down buildings and stuff. It gives sort of a boost, since it also damages them, helping you to attack easily and

Spell Factory Level 6
    Although I think this spell may be launched in some Spell Factory 6 or it could as well be in Spell Factory Level 5, I have no idea about how many spells we can then carry. Whether it would stay at 11 Capacity or increase to 13 Capacity is something I'm not sure about.

Those things are Supercell's control and I can't interfere much with it.

Lightning VS Shockwave -
    Although it may seem like the Shockwave Spell would turn out to be a strong competitor for the Lightning, with some research I found out that such things won't really happen:

1) At Max. Level the Shockwave deals roughly 250 Damage lesser than the Lightning at Max. Level. This Max. Damage is almost the same as the Lightning offers at Level 3

2) It is hence more recommended to use 2 Lightning Spells to destroy an Air Defense than using two Shockwave Spells to save more Housing Space.

3) The Lightning also gives more value per housing space compared to the Shockwave Spell.

Shockwave VS Freeze:

Another similar scenario,
    1) Freeze outsmarts the Shockwave as it can completely negate any damage for roughly 5-6 seconds from an area.

2) Freeze can completely reset an Inferno Tower unlike the Shockwave Spell which only resets it to 55%

Then what really is the power of a Shockwave?

When it is almost a Lightning + Freeze, why need it? Look, I first thought of making this Spell have 1 Housing Space or 2, but that would make it quite competitive and useless considering the purpose of Lightning or Freeze at those Housing Spaces. I even thought of 3, but finally toned it down to 2 Housing Space, to focus more on its stun and weaken effect than the Damage.

It is a Spell used actively, during attacks and has more of an intention to give a boost as quickly as possible during the battle, even weakening defenses with a stun. At higher Town Halls we give more priority to Eagle Artilleries and Giga Teslas having HUGE amount of hitpoints. Hence the Shockwave considers this priority and attacks defenses with most hitpoints and briefly stopping them...

Thanks guys!
    What do y'all think about this?
    Is it viable? Can it be made a 2 Housing Space spell without disturbing lightning?
    Anything at all, please voice out your opinions and tell me if you liked the concept.

KPK

Last edited by Ideabulb; 6 Days Ago at 07:59 AM.
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Well thought out, I support this idea.
    Hope it gets implemented.

Millennial Club
    Thanks bro! Let's see what happens...
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

This is my favorite post I've ever seen. Very well thought out. If anything from the forums gets added to the game, I think this will. Great job! (It also totally puts my posts to shame)
    Dragons=OP: Electro Dragon-Baby Dragon-Dragon

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyStrike View Post
    This is my favorite post I've ever seen. Very well thought out. If anything from the forums gets added to the game, I think this will. Great job! (It also totally puts my posts to shame)
    Hey nothing like that, TBH everyone has great ideas. To get good ideas, you need to stay longer on this forum and get more experience to understand what are the sort of things SC needs and what most expect.

This Forum has taught me a lot of things, from good communication , to loads of other stuff. At first, even I had many ideas, but then I started looking at the game from a different perspective and started understanding what people really actually need and NOT what only I need.

The Forums are a great place, in fact I'm gonna make a post about these Forums too. The Experience shapes you perfectly and to think in the right lines. I'm sure if you stay long as well, you'll understand.

Thanks for your comment though! Fingers crossed it could get implemented, if SC or some good guys see it.

I like it, sounds cool.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

This is a great idea. I see this spell as a being a great support spell you drop into the core of a base while chaos is going on. However, the damage reduction needs to be changed. Right now, if 3 projectiles are weakened, this makes it good against defenses like the eagle but absolutely useless against x-bows. Changing the mechanic to lasting 2-3 sec would help this. Also, the spell seems underpowered in itís current form, I see little reason to use this over 3 freezes. Reducing the spell space to 2 and reducing the damage would make it good while not boxing out lightning.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinwhit View Post
    This is a great idea. I see this spell as a being a great support spell you drop into the core of a base while chaos is going on. However, the damage reduction needs to be changed. Right now, if 3 projectiles are weakened, this makes it good against defenses like the eagle but absolutely useless against x-bows. Changing the mechanic to lasting 2-3 sec would help this. Also, the spell seems underpowered in it’s current form, I see little reason to use this over 3 freezes. Reducing the spell space to 2 and reducing the damage would make it good while not boxing out lightning.
    Maybe yeah, good idea. I'm gonna tone it down to 2 Spaces and make it more effective, but making it last 2-3 sec would render it uneffective against defenses like Eagle Artillery and Mortar as their fire rate is 5-10sec. Thanks a lot for the suggestion

Millennial Club
    I guess we can't help about X-Bow. Probably they may be like kinda immune as the bolts are hit really quickly. But, they still do recieve a stun effect and damage. So you think the 2 Space one now is better?

Millennial Club
    Guys should that Eagle Artillery bonus be impacted?