Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring Update 2019 - In-game Economy Changes

Quote Originally Posted by DragoRex9 View Post
    For the record, I've been playing for 5 years, and I'm just about max th11. Get your facts right
    And? I've been playing about that long and will be max11 within the month. I expect my mini will progress much faster which is fine with me.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Forgot? Walls got a MASSIVE reduction in price last year. We didn't forget; the discount was already done a while ago.

how about a buy two, get one deal?...... considering lucky leprechaun day is coming.......

joking aside..... anxiously awaiting the rest of the update news.... always like surprises!
    Last edited by Night Crawler; 1 Week Ago at 10:01 PM.
    ~NgHtRwLR~
    TH12 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 30
    level 211 1666 war stars 5757 cups PB
    semi-finalist in 1v1 forum cup TH10 div
    member of the 2018 no dip Championship clan

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Part of the problem I think was the cost of DE drill upgrades. I see so many TH10s who still have baby drills.
    I dropped my entire supply of books, builder potions and even outright gemmed one of them IIRC, so that within about 3 days I had 1 maxed and the other starting its last upgrade. I knew DE was going to be the problem, so I had them both running at max ASAP. I've also, more than once, nexted past bases offering 850k/850k/1500 - and that hurts! And bought a DE deal on Black Friday. And I'm still a long way short on DE.
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Is anyone else surprised that the attention of this thread is NOT focused on the new witch levels? Where are the players claiming the sky is falling and 3 star rates will be at 100%?
    Until something is done about Ice Golems in the defensive CC ground armies are still going to be punished.

Level 17
    - 5,639/17,800 | Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 196] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Well count me as one who doesn't. I'm mostly hitting max / near max 11s and often 12s. My 3 star rate is abysmal. Don't have a 10 (my mini is still mini) but our good 10s aren't exactly 6 packing every war either.
    That's normal. Only below Th10 is 3 starring actually easy. At th7 and 8 you've got mass drags and at TH9 you've got witch slap. At TH10 and above, 3 starring is somewhat challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Well count me as one who doesn't. I'm mostly hitting max / near max 11s and often 12s. My 3 star rate is abysmal. Don't have a 10 (my mini is still mini) but our good 10s aren't exactly 6 packing every war either.
    I hate to be that guy but th10 genuinely isnt that tough at the moment, in casual wars the th10 3 star rate is pretty high for our better th10s, we just use hogs unless its a ring base, im always up for fcs altho my th10 has a day left before it turns white.
    *This Is Sparta level 15 UK Adult war Clan

Recruiting Th10's - Th12's that are war focused - Click Here!

For the record, I've been playing for 5 years, and I'm just about max th11. Get your facts right
    So in those 5 years then you have observed updates that are for the most veteran players. How do you reconcile that with your claim that SC must not care about veteran players since this one preview of one part of the upcoming update is for newer players?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

For the record (yes I really did this) I calculated just how many hours of time I wasted and have lost through this update in building (only) upgrade time reductions. And it's not pretty...

This is only this update, not even counting the other reductions over the years. Moreover, this calculation doesn't include the excessive price drops or the so-called ridiculous lab timers.

I have wasted 19,599 hours on upgrade timers, and now all the new players get all those free hours for nothing!

I think we older players deserve some sort of retribution for this: medals, an exclusive decoration, gems, I dont care what, but we should receive something!

Personally, 100 gems per 24h of time wasted would be an excellent return if you ask me (it costs about 250 to skip a day so it's really a rip-off). At least those 81663 gems could increase my gem hoard!!!
    Last edited by DragoRex9; 1 Week Ago at 10:42 PM.

For the record (yes I really did this) I calculated just how many hours of time I wasted and have lost through this update in building (only) upgrade time reductions. And it's not pretty...

This is only this update, not even counting the other reductions over the years.

I have wasted 19,599 hours on upgrade timers, and now all the new players get all those free hours for nothing!

I think we older players deserve some sort of retribution for this: medals, an exclusive decoration, gems, I dont care what, but we should receive something!

Personally, 100 gems per 24h of time wasted would be an excellent return if you ask me (it costs about 250 to skip a day so it's really a rip-off). At least those 81663 gems could increase my gem hoard!!!
    You do realise this is a mobile game? Something we play in our spare time to either switch or or get the brain thinking depending on how you play. Your seriously asking for retribution? REALLY? its a game... id hate for new starters to be playing the same game i started back in the day, as new content is released old content is cheaper and shorter to build, thats how it works or else th12 buildings would be 20million to make and take 3 weeks, i mean get a grip, let others have a chance to catch up.
    *This Is Sparta level 15 UK Adult war Clan

Recruiting Th10's - Th12's that are war focused - Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Do you think it's the same people doing sort of mind-numbing work like tweaking build times, costs, etc...who also do more complex work like cloud solutions?

I know people have this vision of "they do this instead of doing this"...but it's almost certainly not like that given how development and maintenance/balancing actually works at most places who do that kind of thing. At most places, someone like me would be sitting there figuring out balancing, analyzing data, suggesting reductions to this and that, etc. I would then give it to some new guy off the street and say "go type this in"...it's data entry-level coding.

That's different than the guys who are coming up with creative solutions to things. That might come conceptually from someone like me, but the development work would be done by someone senior on the IT team organizing things, shuffling off work to the junior folks, etc. It is very different skill sets, and probably not done by the same people.

I would say that while it's frustrating to see "tinkering" done without solving a big problem...the way that companies die is that they just sit around doing nothing because they feel like they need to figure out the "big" problem, and in the meantime while they're figuring it out everything else has gone to hell because they didn't keep up with the smaller stuff that would tide people over.
    I stopped at 'complex work like cloud solutions'

Not 1 thing had been tried to ease them. They keep adding things to make them worse...ie games, events...