Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring Update 2019 - In-game Economy Changes

Such a big change is surprising. Wasn't expecting this when base progression is already so easy.

Whenever there's such a huge decrease in base progression difficulty, you can probably expect a bunch of new levels, or even a Th13 in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    Nonsense.

Obviously you don't understand that gold and elixir is accumulated at a faster rate even when dark elixir is what is the priority. A rate so great that it does exactly what I explained. And here is no need to use the pronoun "you" as this is not an aspect of the game that I ever said I struggle with.
    Rushers are going to rush. Always have. Always will. However, the addition of books and hammers makes it much easier to catch those heroes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Theclasherclash View Post
    Tbh i dont like the supercell staff attitude towards older player on this update. I undersand that this update is necessary to keep new players playing so that the game doesnt die but you could at least say to the older players we're sorry we have to do this or give us some recognition instead of darian talking to us in a condescending tone saying that us feeling upset is bad. I think in any field of life you would get upset if you worked hard on something and invest a lot of time and money only to have someone else achieve the same result much easier. Also i disagree on what they say about focusing on your own game. The sense of competition is very important in clash of clans, i think it is untrue to say that we play this game only for ourselves and not for the recognition of clanmates/friends/players
    I've invested a lot of time and some money. Doesn't bother me that newer players won't have to go through the struggle that was real in some of the grindy halls like th9. It also helps me with my mini. I'll have that up to th10 for maxing in no time once the update drops.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Nonsense.

Obviously you don't understand that gold and elixir is accumulated at a faster rate even when dark elixir is what is the priority. A rate so great that it does exactly what I explained. And here is no need to use the pronoun "you" as this is not an aspect of the game that I ever said I struggle with.
    Have you forgotten that fact they have lowered hero cost and upgrade times as they have also done for everything else? I don't remember exactly the cut off, but i'm pretty sure heroes don't get 7 day upgrade times anymore until they are like 35. You don't have to work half as hard to get thru TH9 or 10 and you did a few years ago.
    Last edited by JamesHowlet; 4 Days Ago at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingRabbit View Post
    You got a whole new TH level like a half year ago? What do you expect, an update everyday? Jesus Christ... Beside that, thereís a big event coming in the next months, specially made for people like you. Gather some maxed players as well and join the ESL tournament.

I and a bunch of others already explained why this is a good update, I wonít bother repeating again and again whatís already been mentioned several times.

And as so many people, including Darian have stated already: the clouds fix is underway but not this update. Whining about it wonít help you or others in the clouds. Meanwhile thereís an easy fix if you want to find bases quicker: drop some trophies. And if you donít want that (I understand), then you just got to be patient.
    I'm assuming English isn't ur 1st language? I didnt say anything about wanting anything new or whatever u think I meant. I am frustrated, clouds have been a problem for YEARS, yet they are spending time coming up with updates like this or the last one with a barb and goblin buff??? And what part about being a maxed base is confusing for u? You suggesting dropping cups so I can do what, farm? I want to attack bases that try their hardest to not be 3 starred, not bases that are protecting loot. You r obviously quite far away from where I am at this stage of the game and should probably think about that before trying to repond like did.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    Have you forgotten that fact they have lowered hero cost and upgrade times as they have also done for everything else? I don't remember exactly the cut off, but i'm pretty sure heroes don't get 7 day upgrade times anymore until they are like 35. You don't have to work half as hard to get thru TH9 or 10 and you did a few years ago.
    They reduced hero TIME, but not COST (much).

The DE cost at TH9 is now the limiting factor by a huge margin. I've been intermittently farming up a mini TH9, and even concetrating on DE from day 1 it's going to be massively short by the time everything else is finished. By my count, for a reasonably active player, it's now somewhere between 2 and 6 months extra to complete heroes even after every single other items is complete, including walls.
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    It's not helpful to any max base? Which troops do you use? Because troop training costs were reduced. Otherwise, what WOULD you expect to benefit you in an announcement specifically about reduced upgrade costs and times?
    U do know what it means to be maxed right? My storages r overflowing, what do I care about troop costs? Its terribly frustrating and somewhat insulting to watch them continue to add or tinker with the game when the real problem hasn't been addressed now for years.

Doesnt matter, game done for me and I'm not alone there

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    They reduced hero TIME, but not COST (much).

The DE cost at TH9 is now the limiting factor by a huge margin. I've been intermittently farming up a mini TH9, and even concetrating on DE from day 1 it's going to be massively short by the time everything else is finished. By my count, for a reasonably active player, it's now somewhere between 2 and 6 months extra to complete heroes even after every single other items is complete, including walls.
    This is my experience too. I have 2 minis going through TH9 now. I'm a casual player so most of my earnings are from my own pumps, but all of my attacks are goblin knifes where I ignore bases rich in G & E if they don't also have at least 2500 DE. There is definitely imbalance. Mini #1 has had everything except heroes maxed for a few months; I finished walls, buildings, research when BK was around 20 and AQ close to 30. Mini #2 has all buildings maxed, half the walls remain, and heroes just got to 20/20.

These minis are my #4 and #5 bases, so I've been through the TH9 grind 3 times already, but years ago. Back then you'd finish the wall grind close to the same time as heroes. Since then, G&E income has increased more than DE income has increased, and G&E upgrade costs have decreased more than DE upgrade costs have decreased.

Part of the problem I think was the cost of DE drill upgrades. I see so many TH10s who still have baby drills. Maybe now that those will be cheaper, maybe more people will upgrade them earlier and we'll see more DE in the TH9 economy.

On the bright side, at TH10 and later, DE upgrades finish before G&E upgrades, even without trying to explicitly loot for DE. Jumping to TH10 with max walls/buildings but teenage heroes isn't the end of the world.

Wow. this is quite incredible I just remember back in the day 5 or 6 six years ago it could take a while to get to town hall 7, these are such slight changes but I think I will like them quite a bit, thanks!

These changes dont address the problem with heroes lagging behind. Sure you can max out a th9 or th10 super fast now but your going to either:

1. Have low level heroes when your village is maxed otherwise.

2. Waste hundreads of millions of resources waiting for heroes to finish before advancing.

The reduction in time just helps rushers rush faster. With CoC being a strategy game, it encourages people to play the game poorly in respect to village advancement compared to practical hero advancement. If one doesn't know why hero levels are important compared to village development, disregard everything you just read.
    I think that analysis would be pretty accurate back before books, potions and hammers. Now, as long as the player is strategic enough to focus on looting dark elixir, royals are no longer all that hard to upgrade. The player can cut the time with potions or eliminate the time with books. They can loot more dark elixir by using training potions. They can totally avoid the cost of dark elixir complexly through the use of hammers. A player who focuses on their royals will not be slowed by them these days. So, with the changes coming with this update, now a player can totally focus on royals, but still get other stuff done faster too, to keep up with the new speed at which heroes are able to be upgraded.

On the other hand, a player that ignores their royals, incorrectly thinking they should focus on their walls, well that is the fault of the player for not using the right strategy in upgrading.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by bostone View Post
    U do know what it means to be maxed right? My storages r overflowing, what do I care about troop costs? Its terribly frustrating and somewhat insulting to watch them continue to add or tinker with the game when the real problem hasn't been addressed now for years.

Doesnt matter, game done for me and I'm not alone there
    Do you think it's the same people doing sort of mind-numbing work like tweaking build times, costs, etc...who also do more complex work like cloud solutions?

I know people have this vision of "they do this instead of doing this"...but it's almost certainly not like that given how development and maintenance/balancing actually works at most places who do that kind of thing. At most places, someone like me would be sitting there figuring out balancing, analyzing data, suggesting reductions to this and that, etc. I would then give it to some new guy off the street and say "go type this in"...it's data entry-level coding.

That's different than the guys who are coming up with creative solutions to things. That might come conceptually from someone like me, but the development work would be done by someone senior on the IT team organizing things, shuffling off work to the junior folks, etc. It is very different skill sets, and probably not done by the same people.

I would say that while it's frustrating to see "tinkering" done without solving a big problem...the way that companies die is that they just sit around doing nothing because they feel like they need to figure out the "big" problem, and in the meantime while they're figuring it out everything else has gone to hell because they didn't keep up with the smaller stuff that would tide people over.