Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: QoL change: Inactive leader replacement after 90 days inactivity

Forum Elder
    Absolutely ridiculous, no thought to the players leading clans who spend 6 months in Antarctica doing research with no internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    so if a player is having a break from the game and has a good clan with just them in it.. i.e. a level 10 clan.

if they leave the clan open and someone puts a th4 in their after the period of time will that clan be transferred to the th4?

if so, thats not good!
    If you read what Darian actually said, he only mentioned it transferring to a co. With no one in an abandoned clan to promote you to co, you will never be able to take over a level 10 clan.

The discussion of senior elder or oldest member is all taken out of context, pre-dates this announcement, and only applies to special circumstances not evident in the announcement.

So don't bet on it.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    If you read what Darian actually said, he only mentioned it transferring to a co. With no one in an abandoned clan to promote you to co, you will never be able to take over a level 10 clan.

The discussion of senior elder or oldest member is all taken out of context, pre-dates this announcement, and only applies to special circumstances not evident in the announcement.

So don't bet on it.
    I believe it transfers to elder if no co, but agree the person putting the th4 in wouldn't get it since that person isn't an elder.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    According to the official SC twitter account, leadership will be passed to elders, if there is no co.

https://twitter.com/ClashofClans/sta...47562900373505
    Seems to be a user post. Not official info.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #135
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Seems to be a user post. Not official info.
    It can transfer to an elder if there are no cos but it will not transfer to normal members.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    ....And let’s also not compare apples and oranges...
    A huge part of the trouble Hay Day had was caused by
    1) A much too short timeframe of being inactive ( only 2 weeks !) while a lot of leadership seemed passed along immediately the day the update dropped. (And yes 2 weeks of 90 days are quite a difference)
    2) There was no system in place for checking whether the newly assigned leader was active or not (creating a new inactive leadership problem)
    3) The person leadership was passed to seemed quite random and not logical.
    Given the multiple times SC game teams had crashed their official forums in the past, I wasn't sure they learned from the mistakes of their colleagues until this moment when Darian revealed the planned leadership rotation feature in the next update to the CoC subreddit. Kudos to Team Clash of Clans for telling us weeks or months in advance about a controversial feature so we players may discuss it and Team CoC may process our feedback and make adjustments if necessary.

FYI to those who don't play Hay Day, the Fall 2018 update was a fiasco because of the reasons stated by Kaptain Kat. Demoting an inactive leader and promoting a new leader wasn't mentioned in the Sneak Peeks leading up to the update. Rather, it was mentioned in the release notes posted in the HD subforum as the new update was being downloaded. Many leaders woke up to discover that they were demoted automatically by the game. Many players who were managing their neighborhoods with absentee leaders suddenly realized that now there was a language barrier between them and their new leaders. Many neighborhoods dispersed to form new ones.

IIRC, HD developers quickly released a patch changing the inactive rule from two to four weeks. Sadly, the damage was done and we knew about it because the aggrieved players posted their feedback in the HD subforum as Team Hay Day wiped the eggs from their faces.

---
    Lynn
    March 14, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 12:34 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Given the multiple times SC game teams had crashed their official forums in the past, I wasn't sure they learned from the mistakes of their colleagues until this moment when Darian revealed the planned leadership rotation feature in the next update to the CoC subreddit. Kudos to Team Clash of Clans for telling us weeks or months in advance about a controversial feature so we players may discuss it and Team CoC may process our feedback and make adjustments if necessary.

FYI to those who don't play Hay Day, the Fall 2018 update was a fiasco because of the reasons stated by Kaptain Kat. Demoting an inactive leader and promoting a new leader wasn't mentioned in the Sneak Peeks leading up to the update. Rather, it was mentioned in the release notes posted in the HD subforum as the new update was being downloaded. Many leaders woke up to discover that they were demoted automatically by the game. Many players who were managing their neighborhoods with absentee leaders suddenly realized that now there was a language barrier between them and their new leaders. Many neighborhoods dispersed to form new ones.

IIRC, HD developers quickly released a patch changing the inactive rule from two to four weeks. Sadly, the damage was done and we knew about it because the aggrieved players posted their feedback in the HD subforum as Team Hay Day wiped the eggs from their faces.

---
    Lynn
    March 14, 2019
    Thanks much, Lynn, for the insight.
    In the 6 months I played HD, in second half of 2017, and being part of that side of the forums (not since tho), I could already experience some of the snafus.
    It appears that some of the hard lessons learned back then transpired here, for CoC’s release.
    Yet, as presented, is there anything that has been greatly forgotten, or missed, that affects CoC dynamics more than HD’s.

For example, players movements between clans are more common than in HD, which should raise a flag with regards to the automatic feature. But, a new role, like ‘coleader-heir-designated-by-the-leader’ wouldn’t do much (just repeat the same issue).
    My preference goes to at the least when about half, or 30, 60 days, of inactivity an email is sent to the leader (don’t all accounts have an email, either google, itunes, fb, sc-id...?) to notify of the incoming event. Similarly, if device notifications are enabled, why not send something to the device. That could relieve the issue of surprise.

Regarding the actual transfer, there has been ideas ranging from automatic (like proposed) to elected, in IfR over the years. The automated is the ‘easiest’ to program, in terms of coding. Maybe a notification of some sorts, when a leader promotes any player to ‘co-leader’ would help reinforce the context and eventual outcome. Even better, and maybe only thru the API to not overwhelm the UI, that ‘timer’ for co-leads could be made available/visible. Sensible leaders may already consult regularly any 3rd party API providers, for management information. Other methods may have their benefits, but may be harder to code, if not process somehow.

PS: As a leader myself, that has promoted players only based on their ability to lead, not for anyother convenience or reward, I’d recommend always to promote only players deemed able by their peers. I have always seen a clan as a community, not a pyramid. The promotions giving new rights, but also new obligations to their recipients. But beyond that point, and back to the feature, a consequence is that a leader should only promote co-leads that he finds able to replace him or her.
    As mentioned by some, there was never in my 6 years, that I thought any of my co-leads would be bad for the clan, or its future. Moreover, I often gave leadership to others, trusting their abilities, and not fearing or even asking for leader back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    It can transfer to an elder if there are no cos but it will not transfer to normal members.
    Personal I feel this is a mistake; I can understand the movement to Co-Leaders, but it should never be handed out to anyone lower than that no matter their tenure.

Level 17
    - 5,639/17,800 | Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 196] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

3 months is a good compromise IMO. I would expect them to be able to edit the value quickly though just in case the real data later shows it's not an acceptable length.

Please explain me about new Clan Leader Rotation feature !

Please explain me about new Clan Leader Rotation feature !

I have a question about new Clan leader rotation .

Our leader and All Co-leaders are inactive for 4 months . if so , our clan elder and member can get the chance to be a Leader promotion??????? please help !