Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: QoL change: Inactive leader replacement after 90 days inactivity

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreezy View Post
    I fairly agree though. I suggest that if the Leader is inactive for 90 days and it shifts Leadership. When he's back online, Leadership role should be automatically returned back.
    It's sad where u see a Leader build his clan for over 3 years, something happens & he becomes inactive for 3 months. Just to install the game back and be getting orders from his former Co-Leader. In most cases, the Leadership wouldn't be returned willingly.
    What if he or she comes back suddenly after 2 or 3 years.. is it still “his or her” clan at that point ? Maybe the new leadership have built the clan further at that point or improved it. The inactive leader could also just as easily have been kicked and wouldn’t have a clan anymore when he / she logs back on so I don’t see why it should be given back to the leader when he has lost it previously.

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Unlikely, as to be promoted the next coleader or elder has to be active.
    But if the previously leader logs again, and is the oldest co leader, then yes.
    Correct.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #252
    Quote Originally Posted by vincoco View Post
    OK, I tried asking my question from what I hoped would be a supercell representative via the app's Help feature, but I couldn't get past the automation.
    Also one of the bot responses goes doesn't reflect the change and needs to be updated:
    My question: "My question is about the 'our clan leader is never online' part of the update..."
    Bot response: "Having a single active co-leader in a clan is enough to allow a clan to function. For this reason, we don't change clan leaders if a co-leader is present, even if the leader seems to no longer be playing..."
    Later bot responses DID provide the correct information (eg. the FAQ, but not answering my question).

I've gone through every page of this thread, doing a CTRL-F for a particular keyword and the answer I was looking for has waffled back and forth throughout...

Question: Do "member" level users have the opportunity to get the "leader" level role transferred to them EVER?

https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...s-never-online
    "The new Leader must be at least an Elder..."
    This makes me believe that "members" will NEVER get leadership transferred to them in any scenario.
    That should have been enough of an answer for me... but...

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12127897
    It's pretty self explanatory. "Members" are not included in the change which coincides with the FAQ.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12128389
    "...if no elders, the longest serving member." ... Sooo, "members" can get leadership?
    No.

What I stated there is what used to happen in the rare cases that support removed an inactive leader - which was also the same as used to happen if a leader just left without promoting anybody, which they can't do any more.

That is NOT what will happen under this new, automated system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

If the game will pass the torch from leader to clan leader based off how long you’ve been in the clan.... then. We should have a feature somewhere that specifically tells us how long we’ve been in some clan. Assuming that statistic is being stored somewhere... might as well make it visible. Could be more complicated but who knows

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It is this kind of Clan camping we wanted to avoid. Stealing a Clan by simply sitting there for 90 days is not the point of why we made the leadership rotation function.
    I just didn't see it as "stealing" when a person has no longer been playing for 90+ days. I guess that pizza is just going to waste.
    It would just suck if someone came out of their 91 day coma and no longer have control.

I do hope a previous comment of mine was noted for there not being any malicious reason in doing so and that the new owner should pay-it-forward in-kind when they are done. Those clan perks can be quite beneficial for those low-level users.

I did like Kaptain Kat's response to another post:
    What if he or she comes back suddenly after 2 or 3 years.. is it still “his or her” clan at that point ? Maybe the new leadership have built the clan further at that point or improved it. The inactive leader could also just as easily have been kicked and wouldn’t have a clan anymore when he / she logs back on so I don’t see why it should be given back to the leader when he has lost it previously.
    Finding that line is just difficult though, but should be established for cases like these (reason I figured the 90 days was that line). The suckness would pretty much be on par for the new leader, to give up their work, as it was for the old leader who lost control due to <fill in the blank>.

Back to creating another clan, since there's no way to get back into my old, empty, (albiet level 1) clan. You have my permission to delete it if you like since it's now wasting space.

I'm seeing another bug/feature of the forum editor. When I double-click a word to select it (or triple for paragraph), I can't type over it. The n-click seems to have some other function that I'm not seeing.

EDIT0:
    I see the email notifications have finally started to arrive hours later.
    Last edited by vincoco; April 4th, 2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: 0:EMail Notifications

I hope my problem wasnt discussed already, but here it is:

Situation: We have a group of 4 inactive members: leader plus 3 co-leaders, which are in the clan for longer than all active members. These 4 are inactive for far more than 90 days. We have an active co-leader.

1. So how long will we have so wait until leadership ist passed to an active member altogether?
    Will it be
    90 days from leader to co1
    + 90 days from co1 to co2,
    + 90 days from co2 to co3,
    + 90 days from co3 to our man, co4??

2. If so, what would happen if the current leader would login after 100 days? Then (inactive) co1 would be leader. would the old leader be next in the row again? (He was leader from the start we assume.)

It would be quite frustrating if we had to wait for almost a year to get the leadership over a clan we brought from lv5 to 11 over the years. We got used to the situation, but the new rule sounded better in first reading :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    I guess that's a good reason for the leader to close the clan and kick everyone before they take a leave of absence.
    I agree.....I mean, In my clan, I do all the hard lifting and I paid to make the clan Initially In Gems. I named It.
    No one else Is going to take It from me, so If I ever have to, this Is exactly what I will do.
    Its my clan, and not up for grabs by someone else, simply because I may choose to have a break, regardless of how long.
    In saying this, normally If I need a break, I give leader to my first In command, and as I trust him, he gives It back when I return..this has only ever happenned once when purely and simply, I needed a break from the game.
    Last edited by Macca38au; April 5th, 2019 at 10:11 AM.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca38au View Post
    I agree.....I mean, In my clan, I do all the hard lifting and I paid to make the clan Initially In Gems. I named It.
    No one else Is going to take It from me, so If I ever have to, this Is exactly what I will do.
    Its my clan, and not up for grabs by someone else, simply because I may choose to have a break, regardless of how long.
    In saying this, normally If I need a break, I give leader to my first In command, and as I trust him, he gives It back when I return..this has only ever happenned once when purely and simply, I needed a break from the game.
    And is also exactly what happened in our clan. Our leader decided he needed a break, and passed leadership to me. 6 months later, he asked for it back and of course I gave it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by weazzley View Post
    I hope my problem wasnt discussed already, but here it is:

Situation: We have a group of 4 inactive members: leader plus 3 co-leaders, which are in the clan for longer than all active members. These 4 are inactive for far more than 90 days. We have an active co-leader.

1. So how long will we have so wait until leadership ist passed to an active member altogether?
    Will it be
    90 days from leader to co1
    + 90 days from co1 to co2,
    + 90 days from co2 to co3,
    + 90 days from co3 to our man, co4??

2. If so, what would happen if the current leader would login after 100 days? Then (inactive) co1 would be leader. would the old leader be next in the row again? (He was leader from the start we assume.)

It would be quite frustrating if we had to wait for almost a year to get the leadership over a clan we brought from lv5 to 11 over the years. We got used to the situation, but the new rule sounded better in first reading :-(
    After my interpretation of FAQ:

1. 120 days from 2nd April (update time), to the current active co-leader. Supposing neither leader nor any co-leader most senior than the current active coleader logs in during that time. Your clan should receive inmail notice after 90 days when the process starts.

2. This scenario won't happen. However, it's worth noticing that since the ex leader is demoted to co leader, he is also eligible for next leadership rotation if he is also the most senior + active co leader at the 90 days of inactivity mark.

Leader to co leader to elder transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is correct. Before everyone starts crying the sky is falling, we've got processes in place.

Let's look at a few cases of how leadership will be passed.

Case 1 - Leader has been inactive for 90 days. The system checks to see how long the Leader has been inactive. If they've been inactive for 90 days, it will give the Leadership to the next most senior Co-Leader. Seniority is determined by how long they've been in the Clan.

Case 2 - Leader has been inactive for 90 days, senior Co-Leader has been inactive for less than 90 days. Let's say the most senior Co has been inactive for 80 days. Like the above scenario, Leader will be passed to the most senior Co. But since the senior Co has been inactive for 80 days, since they are the new Leader, if they don't log on by the 90-day mark then Leadership will be passed again to the next senior Co.

Case 3 - Leader has been inactive for 90 days, senior Co-Leader has been inactive for more than 90 days. If the Leader is passed to a senior Co who has been inactive for more than 90 days, then the system will start counting 90 more days from when that Co became the new Leader. If the new Leader does not log on for 90 more days then Leader will pass to the next senior Co.

Regarding the 90-day inactivity. If you are a Clan Leader and do not want to lose your Leadership role, then all that's required to reset the timer is to log back into the game. Logging back in will reset the counter to zero and you'll have another 90 days before you have to log back in.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So let's further talk about Case 3. Our clan has an inactive leader, and about 4 or 5 inactive co leaders, then the next active person is an elder. So do we have to wait 90 days, demoting the leader, 90 days to demote next co leader, then another 90 days to demote the next co then another 90 days to demote the next co. etc. until we get to the final 90 days to get to the rotation of our only elder in the clan? (I also thought it was 90 days, then 60 days for time in active beneath the leader)

in previous discussions about this future update it sounded like the 90 days started from the update yes, so 90 days from that the leader would be demoted, then if the next senior co would have been active for 60 days with in that 90 days it would go to them, but if not then the next senior co who had been active for 60 days, still under the original 90 days would be leader. so in theory on the 90th day following the update there would be for a sure a new leader.

Does this mean it could take over a year to get to an active clan as they can not start a war or participate in league wars since no one who is active is a co leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyKatie View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So let's further talk about Case 3. Our clan has an inactive leader, and about 4 or 5 inactive co leaders, then the next active person is an elder. So do we have to wait 90 days, demoting the leader, 90 days to demote next co leader, then another 90 days to demote the next co then another 90 days to demote the next co. etc. until we get to the final 90 days to get to the rotation of our only elder in the clan? (I also thought it was 90 days, then 60 days for time in active beneath the leader)

in previous discussions about this future update it sounded like the 90 days started from the update yes, so 90 days from that the leader would be demoted, then if the next senior co would have been active for 60 days with in that 90 days it would go to them, but if not then the next senior co who had been active for 60 days, still under the original 90 days would be leader. so in theory on the 90th day following the update there would be for a sure a new leader.

Does this mean it could take over a year to get to an active clan as they can not start a war or participate in league wars since no one who is active is a co leader.
    Actually it takes 120 days for leadership rotation, accordign to official Help& Support FAQ, so early August for the first rotation in-game.

It doesn't sound like the one who was demoted would not be eligible for next round promotion. I'm afraid that in your case, the leadership will never get to your active elder. However, if those inactive co-leaders still have the game installed, they might get the inbox message around 90 days, thus becoming active and then you guys can have a talk.

Please check with Support in-game for confirmation and share your concern.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

All the great ones were a student once. Learning is quicker with better guiding. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#SpookyCat :: Hay Day Lv 124♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12