Thread: Does it ever cross your mind.....

Does it ever cross your mind.....

In the last few weeks, we have had some really bad players join then do zero in derby. One I kicked out mid derby, two I had to opt out of the derby this week. One of those was kicked out yesterday for opting himself back in. Which prompted me to wonder, our neighborhood is champion league but we are NOT competition for top three ever. But what if someone saw us as the reason they didn't stay in champion league. Are people petty enough to take their baby farm to another neighborhood with the intention of sabotaging their derby? A baby farm could join then stack up a nearly 3000 pt deficit for a neighborhood that could NOT be made up for.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    How would that benefit the main farm unless the baby farm sabotages a NH that happens to be matched against the NH of the main farm? It's possible that someone wants to sabotage another NH just for the fun of it, but what a waste of time! I know...some people like to do that because they have too much free time.

I think it's more likely some players just want to get the horseshoe rewards without doing a single thing.
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

Itís always interesting and you can never be sure of a personís motivation. We had a level 147 join who thanked us for her welcome but never talked. When I cornered her and asked if she planned to derby w us, she said yes but right now she was just too busy. I said no problem but bf she could derby she had to take the time to talk to me about our policies. She said ok w gratuitous smiley faces. She played quietly in the background helping occasionally. After a week and a half she up and left today w no word and joined a comparable hood. Ironically the hood name was similar to talks a lot. She never conversed in our hood! Go figure!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Troll Food
    My neighbourhood used to get people who would join derby then do only 1 task knowing that we had a 9 minimum policy. I think these people really do just join to sabotage other neighbourhoods or get maximum prizes without doing any work. I hope your neighbourhood gets the bad apples out and you all can go back to having fun in a team atmosphere

We have had a few join at times, and act similarly. I also don't see a benefit in this for the player, other than they may be looking to poach players to join their own neighbourhood after friending them, or as has been mentioned, sabotage.

I have a theory, though I won’t be able to tell for sure until next derby starts.

When you’re opted in champions league NH you get credit toward Derby Champ achievement at the start of derby. I don’t know yet (have to check at next derby start) if you get credit immediately or only after taking at least 1 task first.

I wonder if some of these players are joining, opting in just to get the credit without putting in the work. If that’s the case, it’s awfully rude & disrespectful.

Hopefully I can remember to look before pulling my first & successive tasks
    Last edited by SilverRaptor; March 15th, 2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRaptor View Post
    I have a theory, though I won’t be able to tell for sure until next derby starts.

When you’re opted in champions league NH you get credit toward Derby Champ achievement at the start of derby. I don’t know yet (have to check at next derby start) if you get credit immediately or only after taking at least 1 task first.

I wonder if some of these players are joining, opting in just to get the credit without putting in the work. If that’s the case, it’s awfully rude & disrespectful.

Hopefully I can remember to look before pulling my first & successive tasks
    That is also an option. Please keep me posted on what you figure out. I agree it is rude. I am sure they will post somewhere that they were "booted for no reason what so ever."
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    That is also an option. Please keep me posted on what you figure out. I agree it is rude. I am sure they will post somewhere that they were "booted for no reason what so ever."
    The answer is...
    At start of derby the achievement didn’t get credit for just being opted in, but...
    As soon as you pull the first task you do get one credit toward the Derby Champ achievement. Whether or not you finish it.

So it is possible some of these players are joining in CL teams, pulling a task, then dismiss it just to get the achievement the lazy way. Not all, but some players.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRaptor View Post
    The answer is...
    At start of derby the achievement didn’t get credit for just being opted in, but...
    As soon as you pull the first task you do get one credit toward the Derby Champ achievement. Whether or not you finish it.

So it is possible some of these players are joining in CL teams, pulling a task, then dismiss it just to get the achievement the lazy way. Not all, but some players.
    Thank you so much. I will be FAR picker when allowing people in from this point on.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC