Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips For Recruiting New Members

I agree with Mirca, friends of friends is your best bet.

Thirty people in a level 3 clan is good.

Just keep working on it. It is very hard to get people to join a level 3 clan. Heck, it's hard to get people to join a level 10 clan.

Few people looking that you want and hundreds of clans trying to get them.

30 of 50 is dang good. Be happy and patient.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    things you should not offer:
    - free gf/bf
    - free elder/co/leader

dont look for players who want:
    - gf/bf
    - free elder/co/leader
    I don't know, a free GF is a rare thing indeed. :P

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    things you should not offer:
    - free gf/bf
    - free elder/co/leader

dont look for players who want:
    - gf/bf
    - free elder/co/leader
    You forgot people who write "clan" or "need clan" and pretty much anyone who will ask for donations before introducing themselves.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Forum Elder
    1. its a daily deal IME. so dedicate some time when you are online. gotta do a lot of fishing to catch some fish. be prepared for hoppers! nothing wrong with it, some folks like to drift around collecting troops. but every day, or 3 + days a week you need to grind for new clashers.
    2. have something that folks will want. Max troops, Sieges, Perks are mainly what people want these days. also helps to have strong donators so requests get filled quickly. my clan for example is a very chill Farming clan, and we don't do stressful war scene. we farm wars except for CWL week.
    3. have elders and co leads help you out. its near impossible to do by yourself unless you are on like 16hrs a day. I would recommend the ones you assign to help you take a day or so a week and get after it. let them know who you do not want in the clan as well as the types you wish to recruit. I have a fam and work my 40ish hours per week too and have simple social life. (recently took a band gig) this game is fun and its a break from other things in life. it is not my life. my clan knows this and it works out for me.
    4. list the simple rules and expectations and what not in your description. so if you have a base donation troop like Wizards, or want folks to maintain a certain ratio, 1:1, or 1:2, weekly minimum.. or what evs then put it in there plus the folks you are trying to attract. so in my clan its TH8 and up (cause otherwise they have problems donating certain troops and fall behind on ratio reqs as a result. I don't advertise for TH7s or below cause they wont get accepted) I want clanmates to do their share on clan games so its in the description. etc

there is way more so PM me if you want, but this is a start.

Good Luck and get on the grind Yo.

Same problem here. I'm trying hard but nobody seems to join, even though i have a level 11 clan.

bro clan level doesn't matter.Your clan have lowers town halls may be that's why nobody wants to join your clan.
    Ranjit

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbofire149 View Post
    Im a townhall 10 and Iím in masters league 1 but nobody seems to want to join my clan.

My clan right now is 30/50 but most of them are my friends and their friends and a few people from global.

My clan name is canadian lads lvl 3 clan.

I donít know if it is because we have lots of low lvl people or if it is because some people are rushed.

Can you guys/girls send me any helpful tips for recruiting higher lvl players.

My name is I fight you!! And my second account is I fight you!!2 just in case you were wondering.
    Friends of friends is by far the best way to build the core of a stable clan.

Thirty at level 3 is pretty good, however, they need to be a real set of thirty. Eleven of your clan have no shield and no donations given or received. They are not real members, just taking space, you only have 21 members. You want to recruit good new members, and good new members will check out you clan before joining, and if it is mostly inactive accounts, they will move on without joining or requesting.

To make your clan look look more attractive, encourage all your members to get shields, and do donations and requests.

invite only, as you are, is good. Open means ďeasy come, easy goĒ. Low quality entrants make the place less good, and good members may leave if the average quality of member drops. Make people request to join, and make them wait a bit. Importantly put something in your clan description about what to say when joining. This is like an entrance test to see if they can read and follow instructions. Whatís the point of having a clan description if you have people who donít read it? Swearing rules, and requirements for elder and co, they donít belong in the clan description, these are things to talk about in the chat once they have joined. The clan description should advertise the sort of player you want to join. Chatty? Hard core gamers? Constant war (obligatory participation or not?). Easy going? Do you specifically want Canadians? If yes, say so. I think preferring a common time zone makes it much better. From Canada, Youíll do better with Braziallians than Australians due to a common time zone, even if the Brazialians have poor English.

Why recruit higher level players? I think this is a mistake. You get more loyalty from beginner players that you help learn and grow. High level players wandering looking for a clan are clanless for a reason, and none of the possible reasons makes them an ideal recruit. If they are good, they will not be looking to join a low level clan with a leadership lower than themselves. I think commend that you seek to welcome low level players.

Don't recruit from global. Donít let your clan mates recruit from global. Good players do not go to global. Instead, advertise on Facebook for your real world friends, on the forums here, and encourage existing members to get their active friends to join. However, be sure to cull new recruits are immediately go inactive, as they just make your clan look inactive.

Discourage mutliple accounts of the one person. I think two accounts per person max is good. Once you have several players controlling half the accounts in the clan, it makes for one big boring place for a newcomer, and they will leave.

Keeping the quality of the clan high is key is key to keeping quality players, and that is key to quality players getting quality friends to join.

Once you get to clan level 5, it will get much easier. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rann654 View Post
    bro clan level doesn't matter.Your clan have lowers town halls may be that's why nobody wants to join your clan.
    Clan level does matter. Try recruiting with a clan below level 10. Recruiting is just tough right now. Everyone wants 11s and especially 12s.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Yes, clan level absolutely matters.

Clan level is one of very few clan search parameters, so of course people use it. The big points are clan levels 5 and 10, for the troop upgrade perk.

More on accepting and being nice to THs 3-5. Assuming they donít become inactive, Either:
    • They are genuine newcomers, who either you will teach and become like family.
    • They are a alt. account of a high level player scouting for a better clan. We often get this, a TH5 who we welcome, and then they ask if their main account can join too.