Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New medals system question

Quote Originally Posted by turtle999 View Post
    I used m1 as an example simply due to the fact that that is where everyone begins. My clan is currently in champs 2.

And the medals you would earn in c3, assuming you get 1st place would be 424 in new system and the old would have earned you 441.
    If the clan is so strong that it can take first place in C3, it shouldn’t be in M1 and wouldn’t be in M1 after that first season. You’re comparing winning all 7 in M1 now compared to after the change. Why would that clan be in M1 winning all 7 wars now anyway if it is strong enough to take 1st place in C3? The only reason would be if they lose on purpose to fall down to M1 or they start a new clan every season with 15 th12s so they can intentionally be in M1 to farm medals and that is exactly the type of behavior the changes are meant to not reward anymore. The clan that is strong enough to take first place in C3 no longer will have any incentive to play in M1. That’s a good thing. Maybe my clan of 6 th12s won’t get destroyed every time we venture into M1 in the future.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    Your premise of gaining 441 medals in Champs 3 league, is based on getting 3 stars in every war. I'd suggest this is perhaps an unlikely scenario!

A more like scenario for us mere mortal players, is winning half the wars, and getting 2 stars per war.
    14 stars @ 12 medals/star: 168 medals
    4 wins @ 27 medals/win: 108 medals

So old version you'd get 276 medals.
    New version (assuming 4th place) you'd get 403 medals

Those NOT in war would have received 108 medals. Now they will get 80.6 (I assume 81!)

BUT - bear in mind also, in the previous version, if you'd won no wars in Champs 3 league, they would have received 0 medals. Now they would get 75 medals.

I'm a big fan of the changes - but do understand why it's not perfect for everyone.
    Correct itís highly unlikely but I was only wondering why they decreased the maximum one could earn. I didnít notice at that time the increases for lower placing results.
    turtle - Creative Clash

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    And your benefit the season after in C2 will be even larger.

It's true benchwarmers will lose out, and I wouldn't mind seeing that increased to 30%.

BUT... there are a couple of other changes which help them. Firstly the 30v option. But also the 8* required for max rewards. Currently, when I rotate people, the person pulled off the roster loses out. After this update anyone doing around 4 wars can get max rewards, and loses nothing at all if they sit out the other 3. Taken in combination it would be entirely possible for an entire clan of 50 to achieve max rewards. And if they did that the total rewards would be massively more than under the old system.

So that rather depends on how a clan approaches it. If a clan insists on keeping 15 in, and 35 doing nothing, the 35 lose out, somewhat (maybe 1/3 down IIRC). OTOH if they go 30v or rotate the increase in rewards may be enormous.
    Good advice but being in a push bb clan really limits our war options.
    turtle - Creative Clash

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle999 View Post
    Good advice but being in a push bb clan really limits our war options.
    Then just remember its cwl, not random spin.
    There is no win streak on the line, so no harm done in them joining the fun.

The clan that "merged" with us (loose term, they wandered in over a period of time) are into their BB big time.
    Makes them amazing come clan games, but only one of them makes the war team in random spin.
    Come cwl week, they have a go, same as everybody else (for those that wish to).

Limited war options doesnt apply for cwl in our clan, we simply try at the tier we are in. If we perform well enough we will promote. If we get crushed we demote.
    But following season we will be back to try again. 30v for us if it is released in time.

I predict we will have one more CWL under the current system before the new changes are released.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I predict we will have one more CWL under the current system before the new changes are released.
    It's a reasonable guess. There is a developer video being released the last week of March. That video is going to tell us the planned update release date. So, it is possible it will drop right before the April CWL, but that would be a tight fit. I think there is a chance it happens, though.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It's a reasonable guess. There is a developer video being released the last week of March. That video is going to tell us the planned update release date. So, it is possible it will drop right before the April CWL, but that would be a tight fit. I think there is a chance it happens, though.
    I am looking forward to knowing if it be this CWL or next one because it dictates how we would be rostering our clans. Thinking it would be one, but having the other would have the most harm on our mid and low tier players.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I am looking forward to knowing if it be this CWL or next one because it dictates how we would be rostering our clans. Thinking it would be one, but having the other would have the most harm on our mid and low tier players.
    Agreed, there are a lot of clans in that same spot. On the other hand, if they say it will be ready for the April CWL and then it isn't, many will be upset even if the delay isn't the fault of SC.

I am thinking and hoping the CWL changes are in place for April. They would have been announced for 3 weeks come April. If they are not implemented this CWL that would make it 7 weeks from announcing to implementation. Which is quite a long time for SC to give future information about a change in game mechanics.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h