Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CWL format hurts growing clans

New CWL format hurts growing clans

So I have a few issues with the new CWL format. I understand we don't want to create an atmosphere where clans can sandbag to stay in a certain tier but win all of their matchups for extra bonuses. My problem is that as a Max TH 12 (max heroes as well) I am in a clan with friends and we are rising up the cwl leagues. We just won crystal 1 this week and for my efforts as our #1 I'll get over 300 war league medals. Going into Crystal 2 next month I won't even have the potential to make 300 war league medals. In fact it will be multiple levels before I can get that production from cwl again.

For me I might stay in my clan just because I am only using medals on wall rings, but a few other th12's are saying well why the heck don't I go to a clan in champions so that at minimum I'm getting 500 medals? What we are going to see is many of the town hall 12's with some work to do leaving long time clans just because they are guaranteed hundreds more medals every single month...

Is this really what we want? To me this really hurts the game. Less siege engines available in these clans will make wars tougher for them and overall make the game vastly more unenjoyable over time without the ability to lure th12s to come join the team. These are my thoughts and I submit them to the global clash community.
    Last edited by Lionheart567; March 9th, 2019 at 07:39 PM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart567 View Post
    So I have a few issues with the new CWL format. I understand we don't want to create an atmosphere where clans can sandbag to stay in a certain tier but win all of their matchups for extra bonuses. My problem is that as a Max TH 12 (max heroes as well) I am in a clan with friends and we are rising up the cwl leagues. We just won crystal 1 this week and for my efforts as our #1 I'll get over 300 war league medals. Going into Crystal 2 next month I won't even have the potential to make 300 war league medals. In fact it will be multiple levels before I can get that production from cwl again.

For me I might stay in my clan just because I am only using medals on wall rings, but a few other th12's are saying well why the heck don't I go to a clan in champions so that at minimum I'm getting 500 medals? What we are going to see is many of the town hall 12's with some work to do leaving long time clans just because they are guaranteed hundreds more medals every single month...

Is this really what we want? To me this really hurts the game. Less siege engines available in these clans will make wars tougher for them and overall make the game vastly more unenjoyable over time without the ability to lure th12s to come join the team. These are my thoughts and I submit them to the global clash community.
    I hear your concern and for somefolks I am sure it will manifest. That being said, it would at least tell you that the people who leave are more interested in themselves than in the clan and their mates. That wont soften the blow but for Th12s who are so very close to full max, it would seem somewhat pointless to bail on your buds when you will end up getting to max so soon anyways.

I am TH12, and we are also being promoted to Crystal 2 with 7/7 wins this CWL.

I see it as every clan will receive less rewards and I don't need medals that bad so why leave?

We will just push for a few CWL's but you also have the option to run a 30 man roster to include lower bases that will be able to fight at a higher league than before.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

What did you expect to win in Crystal 2 next season under the old reward system?

(The old rewards system may still be in effect for the next season by the way.)
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

to earn 300 medals in I am assuming Crystal 3, since you talk about a promotion to C2, you would need to be winning 7 wars with 21 stars. That said, you are playing below your personal skill level, and should be a league or 2 higher, where the potential to earn 300 medals is. Once your clan settles in a league where you can win 5-6 wars, then compare what your earnings are, no use comparing them to a league lower then you probably should not be in.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

this is as it should be. it will do cwl good to push the th12 to the top.

I'm not sure what th you have in your clan but if you're going 7-0 with 21 stars in cr3 you shouldn't be in cr3.

no offense, but the new format fixes a whole host of issues all far worse than what you are complaining about.

Millennial Club

You need a perfect war every day to get that in Crystal 1.
    7 wars x 3 stars x 8 medals = 163 medals for stars
    7 wins x 20 medals = 140 medals for wins
    Total = 303 medals

Many clans that get promoted from Crystal 1 to Masters III fall into 7th or 8th place. You are looking at less than 250 stars in many cases. Under the new system, you will likely get more rewards while your clan struggles in the 6th-8th spot initially.
    Last edited by move4ward; March 9th, 2019 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.

Forum Veteran

If you’ve won crystal 1 this week, why would you be going down to crystal 2 next month? Won’t you be in m3 with the chance to win 310 medals with only 8 stars next month? Unless everyone in your clan was getting 21 stars, most will get at least as many medals in 8th place in m3 as you got for 1st in crystal 1.

Don’t see how they can coax sandbaggers from the lower leagues without making it worthwhile to move on up. Looks like a win/win to me. Sure, those that have been in lower leagues feasting on weaker bases will get smaller returns until they settle in where they should have been anyways, but something had to change.

TH12...level 235...60/60/30...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 30 mil...atb 6032

i just assumed op meant cr3.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    i just assumed op meant cr3.
    Ah, but if he was in cr3 he couldn’t have gotten over 300 medals without a bonus. Not that it matters, overall his clan will still get more medals if they move up under the new system.

Just curious, what are you max 12s doing with these medals? I know I’m just piling mine up and giving the bonuses to those that can use them.
    Last edited by wilsonatore; March 10th, 2019 at 02:02 AM.

TH12...level 235...60/60/30...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 30 mil...atb 6032