Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Multi-Mortar needs to be fixed

Fresh Spawn

Multi-Mortar needs to be fixed

Currently Multi-Mortar at TH10 (level 8) does 19 dps. The regular mortar does 20dps. This is also the case at higher levels. I believe that this is because the mortar does 100 damage, and because it is split into 3 shots the mortar does a total of 99 damage (100/3 = 33.33 damage per shot [does the game round damage?]).

Regardless the multi-mortar should not be doing less damage than the mortar. It takes TWO WEEKS and EIGHT MILLION GOLD to downgrade your mortar??

Additionally once youíve begun the upgrade there is no way to cancel the upgrade except to gem it.

These seem like bugs and I believe it is due to the mortar damage changes in the last patch.

Supercell I tried to post this on Reddit, but I donít believe you use that forum, so I made an account here just for this. As a player it is frustrating that a two week and eight million gold investment leads to a worse defensive structure. The cannon gear up is higher dps. The aracher tower upgrade is higher dps. Why is the mortar a downgrade?

Love the game, but Iím passionate about this being fixed or changed immedietely. My suggestion is to make each multi-mortar shot do 40% damage of a regular mortar. This would provide an upgrade to damage, and make spending two weeks and eight million gold actually worthwhile.

Thank you for your time,
    User: GregKelley1994

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouge171 View Post
    Currently Multi-Mortar at TH10 (level 8) does 19 dps. The regular mortar does 20dps. This is also the case at higher levels. I believe that this is because the mortar does 100 damage, and because it is split into 3 shots the mortar does a total of 99 damage (100/3 = 33.33 damage per shot [does the game round damage?]).

Regardless the multi-mortar should not be doing less damage than the mortar. It takes TWO WEEKS and EIGHT MILLION GOLD to downgrade your mortar??

Additionally once you’ve begun the upgrade there is no way to cancel the upgrade except to gem it.

These seem like bugs and I believe it is due to the mortar damage changes in the last patch.

Supercell I tried to post this on Reddit, but I don’t believe you use that forum, so I made an account here just for this. As a player it is frustrating that a two week and eight million gold investment leads to a worse defensive structure. The cannon gear up is higher dps. The aracher tower upgrade is higher dps. Why is the mortar a downgrade?

Love the game, but I’m passionate about this being fixed or changed immedietely. My suggestion is to make each multi-mortar shot do 40% damage of a regular mortar. This would provide an upgrade to damage, and make spending two weeks and eight million gold actually worthwhile.

Thank you for your time,
    User: GregKelley1994
    It is unlikely to be changed.

In fact it is exceptionally unlikely to be changed, since that is the trade off.

With At and cannon gear ups, you get more DPS, but shorter range. With mordar gear up, you get more shots, but lower overall damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Actually, with the recent balance changes, it already received a buff due to the normal Mortar's damage per hit being increased. I remember before it had difficulty killing Skeletons since the knock-back pushed them away from the other shots, but now it's able to do so at LV 8 (Skeletons have 30 HP; a LV 8 MM shot does 33 damage).

I do agree that 14 days without the Master Builder is a bit much, but if you've got a BoB/HoB, that's a good opportunity to use it.
    Last edited by DARDANIUS; March 10th, 2019 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Hey, I'm a pretty old guy and my meme game is pretty strong.

Main Account: Darkwindô | Alt Account: DARDANIUS

Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 14 - Gold I)