Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: clan war league will split clan's

clan war league will split clan's

If you can only use 15 base's in cwl it will split lot's of clan's up. Already done it to mine luckily we have a WhatsApp chat so bigger base's can jump between both to still help lower base's out. Won't be any point having 50 members anymore as lower base's can't join in. We've split up the clan so all can play because our lower base's we're going to stop playing.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogwarrior View Post
    If you can only use 15 base's in cwl it will split lot's of clan's up. Already done it to mine luckily we have a WhatsApp chat so bigger base's can jump between both to still help lower base's out. Won't be any point having 50 members anymore as lower base's can't join in. We've split up the clan so all can play because our lower base's we're going to stop playing.
    I totally agree with you. One solution would be to be able to declare multiple cwl each season, up to 3. That would make it possible for every player in every clan to participate, in the worst case with 2 players on the bank. But I believe that would be to difficult to implement in the game, and that no one will like that idea :P

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    I totally agree with you. One solution would be to be able to declare multiple cwl each season, up to 3. That would make it possible for every player in every clan to participate, in the worst case with 2 players on the bank. But I believe that would be to difficult to implement in the game, and that no one will like that idea :P
    Actually it has been suggested and there are many who support it.

Another alternative the OP has is to use the entire clan inCWL rather than benching all but the 15. We put in whoever wants to take a shot from the bottom to the top and have done since the first CWL. It can and does work as long as everyone knows what to expect. We viewed being a cohesive team to be more important than rewards

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Actually it has been suggested and there are many who support it.

Another alternative the OP has is to use the entire clan inCWL rather than benching all but the 15. We put in whoever wants to take a shot from the bottom to the top and have done since the first CWL. It can and does work as long as everyone knows what to expect. We viewed being a cohesive team to be more important than rewards
    I can understand that, but I think we can all agree that this is not an optimal solution. Declaring multiple cwl would also mean that your clan could not have one cwl ligue I guess, which is a problem that is kinda triky to solve.

Forum Veteran
    Which part is not an optimal solution?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Which part is not an optimal solution?
    That you just put everyone in the cwl, because then the lower lvls will likely have to face much stronger opponents.

Forum Veteran
    Here is our take on it. We know we are not Champs1 skill or progression. We dont use the same 15 people in regular wars all the time, so why would we choose to do different in CWL? Our entire roster can be in CWL if they choose, that being said, many of the lower THs CHOOSE not to be included in the daily roster of 15. If they request to be put in, we rotate someone else out and include the new person. They know they may be matched with someone higher or even much higher but it is their choice. We treat this as advertised “Clan” wars, not “Top15” wars. We are sitting in M2 and have included our 9s and even the odd 8 if they request. We know that we will not reach as high as we could but again, no illusi9ns of grandeur here. There isnt much in bragging rights for a TH8 to say he is CWl league “X” if he doesnt actually participate. We regular war as a clan, we CWL as a clan, we progress as a clan and we win or lose as a clan. It isnt a default position for us or a workaround, we were well aware of what we were doing right at CWL 1 and we made that choice, as did many other clans. It may not be a good fit with your clan and that is ok, but dont view it as so something somehow lesser than your “real” solution. i should add that we have had between 40-50 in our clan for many years now.
    Last edited by Tosti111; March 6th, 2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    That you just put everyone in the cwl, because then the lower lvls will likely have to face much stronger opponents.
    Giving everyone in the clan a chance needs to be done with a plan. Part of that plan being you will not be competing at the absolute highest CWL Tier you can reach. If this means a few seasons of losing then that is what it would take.

In my clan we do not use the top 15 strongest bases because some of those bases do not want to participate in wars. So during the first CWL season I only included bases that would participate. We were seeded into Crystal 3 and easily won going 7-0. The next season I included everyone on the roster, but only put those that wanted to participate into the active roster. We took 5th or so and stayed in Crystal 2.

After that season some previous members returned and one of our members upgraded from TH 11 to TH 12. This 4 returning members were a TH 12, 2 TH 11s and a TH 10. So that was a good boost to our roster and we were promoted to Crystal 1 in season 3. We've been bouncing back and forth between Crystal 2 (winning fairly easily) and Crystal 1 (struggling horribly).

But it definitely can be done with rotating in players that aren't the strongest. You just have to accept that you'll be in a lower league (if we included the top 15 we would be competitive in Crystal 1 for sure, maybe Master 3).

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogwarrior View Post
    That's what we've done, too: run multiple teams. It's not ideal, so hopefully they will come up with a better solution. I do worry, though, about the possible ramifications of warring with a larger team. From what I've experienced, a lot of TH12 players who have worked a long time to on their accounts aren't always keen on being anchored with lower players. In regular Clan Wars where weighting is used, lower players aren't usually looked on as an anchor. But in CWL where you could potentially face a team of all maxed out players, the more lower players you have on your team, the greater your handicap. I'd think clans would need to be given a choice over what size team they feel comfortable warring with, so larger CWL wars don't create an even greater divide than the one that is already developing between TH12s and others.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 655 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

I’d like to see size options as well. When this started we put everyone in to see where we’d end up. But of course, in our case not everyone can or wants to war every day for a week. So we get matched with a clan that has 10-12s while we field 8-12s, and it doesn’t work well.

As with the OP, the lower THs often have nowhere to go and get frustrated—particularly our casual players who can’t play enough to progress a few town hall levels in a couple of months. But we don’t have enough otherwise, let alone enough stronger players to win many. (Too many of those matchups that aren’t “matches” but just days we have to “get through” can be really demotivating.)

So our divide in our mid-size, mixed clan is more between those who love to war, and those who don’t but feel they need to.

I know CWL a competitive thing but I’d like to see it work for differently-sized clans. They tweaked clan games to come up with something that works for most. I hope they can do the same with CWL. (It’s obviously much more complicated than clan games, but still hoping they find a way.)

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad