Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: clan war league will split clan's

Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    Giving everyone in the clan a chance needs to be done with a plan. Part of that plan being you will not be competing at the absolute highest CWL Tier you can reach. If this means a few seasons of losing then that is what it would take.

Absolutely. I'd advise all Clans to check out their future CWL opponents via one of the Clash API websites, such as :-
    https://www.clashofstats.com/

A 2 min search of your own clan, will bring up the other Clans in your tier, and the make up of their roster (including number of TH12s available to them) :-
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/s...P2PL/wars/cwl/

Today, we are running 2 TH12s against a clan with only 1 TH12 available. #Heavy Rain
    Yesterday, we ran 12 TH12s against a clan that had 15 TH12s available.# KoponiL0V080)

Plan your roster accordingly, and be as inclusive as you wish!
    Last edited by Skrags; March 7th, 2019 at 08:42 AM.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Absolutely. I'd advise all Clans to check out their future CWL opponents via one of the Clash API websites, such as :-
    https://www.clashofstats.com/
    Excellent advice. We do the same - today's war has no TH12 in it, so our TH9's get to play. Tomorrow's war the enemy has up to 8 TH12
    available.

We've decided that the priority for this clan is to include as many people as possible, have fun, and get the lower bases some medals also.

As an aside - I've found that I can just get the full list of weekly enemy TH breakdowns into a clan mail, so everyone knows what to expect for the week (which days the TH9's will be playing and so on.) People can therefore plan hero upgrades etc as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    Excellent advice. We do the same - today's war has no TH12 in it, so our TH9's get to play. Tomorrow's war the enemy has up to 8 TH12
    available.

We've decided that the priority for this clan is to include as many people as possible, have fun, and get the lower bases some medals also.

As an aside - I've found that I can just get the full list of weekly enemy TH breakdowns into a clan mail, so everyone knows what to expect for the week (which days the TH9's will be playing and so on.) People can therefore plan hero upgrades etc as needed.
    That is quite a good idea to do, I manually went through each clan in one of our CWLs to tally up a rough estimated lineup to expect each war but using clashofstats sounds alot simpler.

How are you and Skaggs facing 12 TH12 in one war but 1-2 in another?

Also the ideal solution is to have double the amount of clans needed for your clan. We have 7-8 CWL clans now, this time we had 3 fight, 3 drop, 1 not participate and 1 our clan mate used his solo clan with a couple friends. Even 3 clans wasn't quite enough for us but the one in bronze was worth almost as much as Crystal. Each CWL we get more and more people, a year from now we'll have 20 clans.

Went a little heavy this CWL and so we just left all the clans as anyone can join and that made donations MUCH easier. Our biggest roster in Crystal 3 we have 8 huge TH12s and 7 huge TH11s but mostly facing 1-2 TH12 with the biggest enemy roster being 5 rush 12s.

As clans split and run multiple rosters, it becomes the race for the biggest roster, thus error on the side of being too big. 6-8 CWLs from now every tier will be a crapshoot and need to be very heavy in order to be heavier than the rest, newly seeded clans will always get crushed since the clan weight requirements for each tier is static. In general overall rewards are lessening over time.

I don't really enjoy CWL that much even though we are good at maximizing rewards but we play it because of progression. I think the thing that really puts me off from it is that every clan is 50% win/loss over time unless you are a beast 12 roster.

I'm not sure how they could change my core dislike of CWL without making it 7 days of clan wars with 1 attack. In a way I would rather have everyone know how to maximize CWL and decrease the overall rewards enough that regular clan wars are more appealing since it's hard to find a war during CWL.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; March 7th, 2019 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    How are you and Skaggs facing 12 TH12 in one war but 1-2 in another?

A valid question.
    I think our natural CWL playground is Masters2. That's where we first got placed on weight.

Last season, we got demoted to M3 by a small margin, probably because I wasn't planning the daily rosters well enough tbh.
    This CWL season will see us win all 7 wars and be promoted back up to M2.

This is the second time we have been in M3, and to be honest, there is usually a gulf in overall strength and ability between M3 and M2.

As per the link I posted earlier, the number of TH12s available to each clan in our league is :-

You can see why we get complaints about matches. There could be multiple reasons why this spread is so wide!

For the record, while we have 13 available TH12s this season, we would typically field 6,7,8 each day on average.

It will be interesting to see how things go with 30v30 in the future!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.