Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it okay to rush a base to TH 12 for the siege workshop

Forum Contender
    Really depends on your definition of rushing, if you're TH11 with at least some key armies maxed and decent heroes it won't be too bad. If you start from a lower base than that it will be relegated to just being a siege machine mule.

I did it on my maxed TH10 and skipped TH11 and it's taken a few months of upgrading just to get the offence up to clan war standards. I certainly wouldn't do it on an account you intend to war with unless you do farm wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Finally I would like to thank the lock on the toilet door. You are the reason I am here, the ying to my yang, my Clash buddy, my soul-mate. You have always been there when I needed to raid, when I needed to empty my collector and when I needed to turn down the sound and then finish with a distraction flush despite the fact that I didn't even sit down.

Centennial Club
    As long as it takes to train a machine, yeah it's definitely worth it. Also helps if you just spent all your gold on defense on another base.
    "Puppies, rainbows and unicorns" - Is what someone put in my sig

Fresh Spawn
    I did it with a defenseless th7, no walls no traps. It took me about 1 months to reach th12. The advice I have is to fill your storages before the next th lvl is delivered. I only upgraded storages, and barch troops, and i dropped all the defenses at each level.

Farming at th12, when th12 just got out with heroes without abilities was a nightmare. Somehow with clan games and medals this account is doing better.

Having a siege donator in a clan is a huge asset. I gave a purpose to a mini account that was useless. I wouldn't rush my main account though.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    We need Shogun back to tell us how awesome it is.
    I tried to talk to him.... I brought him into the clan and offered him colead of our dead feeder clan. I was impressed by his determination but he wasn't interested in building a clan.

He raids like a mad man. I watch a lot of them and most of the time he is not trying to win despite that he already has 327 victories this season. I probably have that many too spread over three accounts he has only the one.

He's still got terrible troubles 8/7/3 for Royals most dark troops are level 1 or unlocked. No bowlers. He's got decent dragons and loons. I am still impressed with his determination. I just visited him his level 11 elixir storage is nearly maxed so he's trying to put something in the lab. He's got a few skull walls and the rest are purple. He's still out there and growing his base. I'll keep watching.

He's been in the same clan for over a month so i guess he found a home. He has donated over 1000 troops.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I tried to talk to him.... I brought him into the clan and offered him colead of our dead feeder clan. I was impressed by his determination but he wasn't interested in building a clan.

He raids like a mad man. I watch a lot of them and most of the time he is not trying to win despite that he already has 327 victories this season. I probably have that many too spread over three accounts he has only the one.

He's still got terrible troubles 8/7/3 for Royals most dark troops are level 1 or unlocked. No bowlers. He's got decent dragons and loons. I am still impressed with his determination. I just visited him his level 11 elixir storage is nearly maxed so he's trying to put something in the lab. He's got a few skull walls and the rest are purple. He's still out there and growing his base. I'll keep watching.

He's been in the same clan for over a month so i guess he found a home. He has donated over 1000 troops.

Speaking of Shogun, I am trying to follow his model of reaching th12 as fast as I can and building from there. Mostly to see how difficult it really is. I started the account on January 22nd and will be th11 tomorrow. My heroes are currently 5 and 5 and the biggest problem I've had to this point is having to wait for builders to finish. My storages are almost always completely full. Gaining loot has only become easier as I've moved higher. I'll it updated as I move to TH11 where it's possible that the loot output could drop. I am optimistic though.

If I were to start another account ever again, there is no chance I would ever do anything but rush to a minimum of th10 as the lower levels are really just a waste of time (provided you've played the game before on another account)

Fine to do. Personally I'd max all loot generators and at least one farming army before going up.
    Tarlus - Red Thorn, Max TH 12 and Frildor - Sagittarii max offense TH 12

I rushed from a mid TH10 to TH12 when the Siege Workshop came out. My TH12 was in a world of hurt for a long time. Still is, actually.

All TH10+ upgrades cost more than the lootable storage cap, so when I was saving for any upgrades, I was offering max loot to attackers -- my wimpy TH10 defenses didn't stand a chance against TH11s and TH12s so I'd get 100%ed every 16 hours.

Attacking was tough too because my wimpy TH10 troops couldn't dent TH12s, or if I got lucky to match a TH10, I'd be hit with a loot penalty. I'm a casual player too, so progress on that TH12 is super slow.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    I rushed from a mid TH10 to TH12 when the Siege Workshop came out. My TH12 was in a world of hurt for a long time. Still is, actually.

All TH10+ upgrades cost more than the lootable storage cap, so when I was saving for any upgrades, I was offering max loot to attackers -- my wimpy TH10 defenses didn't stand a chance against TH11s and TH12s so I'd get 100%ed every 16 hours.

Attacking was tough too because my wimpy TH10 troops couldn't dent TH12s, or if I got lucky to match a TH10, I'd be hit with a loot penalty. I'm a casual player too, so progress on that TH12 is super slow.
    You need to follow some basic guidelines along the way to avoid that problem. First and foremost - your very first upgrades need to be your storages OR you have to have cheap things to upgrade. This really depends on where you make the sprint from - TH1 or somewhere higher. Thereís also no point raiding unless it is for an upgrade - the days of saving up resources for an upgrade, unless you have a shield up, are over. On all my games - rushed or not - I assume I will be raided for max and use it all up at the end of each session or, if not, I just expect to lose a bit.

I have several, rushed TH12s now ranging from my level 1 defender I mentioned all the way up to TH9, TH10, and TH11 level defenders. (Well...and my main which has everything but walls maxed now.) I never have any issues with loot retention and keeping Builders building when Iím active on them. In between times, I figure Iím just doing my part for the other guy....
    Last edited by Noctaire; March 7th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

10/10 would rush again. Siege engines, especially the Stone Slammer, are clutch.