Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Things You Didn't Know, you Didn't Know!

Things You Didn't Know, you Didn't Know!

So being a a 2 year Vet of Hayday i thought i knew it all, knew the game inside & out, knew the tricks of the trade, settled comfortably in & hayday'd away... (please bear in mind i hadn't frequented the forums yet)

Until last month (i would like to stress 2 years playing, and LAST month realisation)

..sitting there moaning about yet another annoying boat order....Butter,Potato bread & Sugar..... vented to my then NH about it to which the following reply came

"i just send those off when they come in, too annoying to do" *Whips around* pardon, what do you mean send them off.....

I didn't know that you could send a boat order off, untouched if you didn't want to do it

i had completed every boat order with my own blood, sweat & tears because i didn't know this....

I would like to know if theres anything in hayday, that you didn't realise, you didn't know, until you actually knew about it..

think long and hard, don't make me look really silly with my post being the only one ha...ha...ahem......

The floor is yours.........(stop pointing & laughing at me)

Maybe this will save any future embarrassment for any other players
    Last edited by carinamw87; April 30th, 2015 at 04:27 PM.

Everydays A Hayday!
    GC: Carinamw87 - Lvl 69 117/126 Achievements
    BST-UTC/GMT - To Hayday Or Not To Hayday - That Is Not The Question!
    Ditch'spiration - HERE

Things You Didn't Know - HERE
    Blue NH Box & what it REALLY means HERE

Quote Originally Posted by carinamw87 View Post
    So being a a 2 year Vet of Hayday i thought i knew it all, knew the game inside & out, knew the tricks of the trade, settled comfortably in & hayday'd away... (please bear in mind i hadn't frequented the forums yet)

Until last month (i would like to stress 2 years playing, and LAST month realisation)

..sitting there moaning about yet another annoying boat order....Butter,Potato bread & Sugar..... vented to my then NH about it to which the following reply came

"i just send those off when they come in, too annoying to do" *Whips around* pardon, what do you mean send them off.....

I didn't know that you could send a boat order off, untouched if you didn't want to do it

i had completed every boat order with my own blood, sweat & tears because i didn't know this....

I would like to know if theres anything in hayday, that you didn't realise, you didn't know, until you actually knew about it..

think long and hard, don't make me look really silly with my post being the only one ha...ha...ahem......

The floor is yours.........(stop pointing & laughing at me)

Maybe this will save any future embarrassment for any other players
    It is VERY COMMON for new players not to know this, so don't feel dumb. If you have completed your Captain III achievements (12 boats in a row) you can cast off the bad boats we all moan about.

Very few players ever come to the forum. I would bet that if you looked at how many players worldwide there are that know about this trick, you would find millions that do not know they can cast off boats because they have never visited here to read about it.

Here's another common thing that players of any vintage frequently do not know: when you catch a new fish or a fish in a new medal category, you get diamonds as a prize. They are located in your fish book. If your fish picture is pulsating when you look in your own book, tap the pic and pick up your diamonds
    Last edited by PerkyCox; April 30th, 2015 at 04:40 PM.

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

I found the forum about 6 months after starting to play. There are sooooo many things I did not know about.

How to scroll up left side of items list to avoid accidentally spending diamonds.

About Game Center and adding friends.

Pets gave exp points, not just cuteness.

How to catch big fish.

Stock piling

OMG, WHEATING!!!!

And the list goes on...........

Last edited by Momx15; April 30th, 2015 at 07:05 PM.
    GC: momx15. Level 84, Town level 18. Playing HayDay since 2013, just not in a hurry.
    Welcome new friends. My farm is Semper Feist Farms.

Didnt know that if you popped toms % discount balloon as it was flying off you got an item....

Everydays A Hayday!
    Ditch'spiration - HERE

did my captain three without asking for help. because I thought it wouldn't count if I did....
    My GC is Piper.Classique My farm is Nous sommes tous Charlie,
    I like fruit, fishing, and filling other people's boats. But only if they have filled one box first. I have been known to sell cakes.

After 2 or so years AND stalking the forums I had NO idea that if you clicked on the item you wanted to make in the production machines it told you how many of that item you had in the barn. My husband who has been playing for only a couple months pointed it out to me. 🙈😭😂

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingxchanges View Post
    After 2 or so years AND stalking the forums I had NO idea that if you clicked on the item you wanted to make in the production machines it told you how many of that item you had in the barn. My husband who has been playing for only a couple months pointed it out to me. 🙈😭😂
    I was going to post this.

My father in law who I INTRODUCED TO THE GAME told me this one.

If you don't have enough diamonds to get Tom for a percentage off you can leave his last product in the box. for years. if time runs out on tom while the item is still there he continues to stand there patiently. and once you collect it asks if you'd like to hire him again for the discounted rate. so if you have 85 diamonds you can leave those red hats in the box for a week get the last 5 diamonds you need and then collect them and rehire tom again at discount.

He's one of the lucky ducks who gets movie tickets and so if he's short a few diamonds he just lets tom sit there till for a couple days while he watches commercials and then rehires him for 10% off. Turns out he's never paid full price for tom!!!
    my kik ID is tiaxotrax For a list of what features were added to which updates. check this link.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...39#post5782239

Quote Originally Posted by myso View Post
    I was going to post this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxotrax View Post
    My father in law who I INTRODUCED TO THE GAME told me this one.

If you don't have enough diamonds to get Tom for a percentage off you can leave his last product in the box. for years. if time runs out on tom while the item is still there he continues to stand there patiently. and once you collect it asks if you'd like to hire him again for the discounted rate. so if you have 85 diamonds you can leave those red hats in the box for a week get the last 5 diamonds you need and then collect them and rehire tom again at discount.

He's one of the lucky ducks who gets movie tickets and so if he's short a few diamonds he just lets tom sit there till for a couple days while he watches commercials and then rehires him for 10% off. Turns out he's never paid full price for tom!!!
    Now you say it,it makes so much sense but i bever knew it an had never thought of it! Will be doing this one.!

Flyingxchanges - this was my other durr moment when i only found this out 3 weeks ago.... But didnt want to give people too much to laugh about in 1 go!

Everydays A Hayday!
    Ditch'spiration - HERE

To to ease your mind, back when you started this game this option was not available so you would not have known 😇
    This was included in an update, a long time ago...lol
    But, I gotta ask, if you stalked the forums, didn't you read up on sneak peeks and updates? 😎😎
    GC CatsMeow918 level 91 This is just a game people, life takes priority!