Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Open Message to Forumers, Mods, and Staff

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    It would also be very subjective as far as what’s considered “urgent.”
    Indeed, it would be very interesting to know what issues are "marked" as low, medium, high, urgent and critical importance.

Cause as far I know urgent and critical issues are solved very fast.
    Last edited by venusioso; March 9th, 2019 at 10:43 AM.

I have given all I can to this game & forum. I have supported the game generously, played fairly and never cheated. I was referred here by support, unfortunately the only thread that could help was shut down by the mods, havent played since, this is my last post, just selling the last of my stuff to hoodies & moving on.

you are so right Petherder!

When people will stop complaining, the game will die. Is this maybe what SC want? i know several player playing that game for several years. They stopped complaining with supercell as they got tired about the standard answers and finally they stopped playing.. to many bugs and the feeling support is thinking they are stupid.

Complaining and discussions are constructive and not destructive.

y
    Quote Originally Posted by PetHerder View Post
    A game friend of mine shared a PM he received about the ‘tone the HD forum seems to have taken recently”. It got me thinking.

It is human nature to complain about things that upset us and stay silent over the things that go well. Why do we do that? Short answer is that for most of us things either run smoothly most of the time or the things that go awry involve stuff we just don’t care about. C.A.R.E. That’s the motivation for complaining.

We complain when we are vested in the outcome. In life, why are we told to stay away from discussions of politics and religion? Because those are things we tend to care passionately about, and discussions can quickly devolve into angry confrontation.

It’s the same on this forum. People come here to share, but they also come here to complain. The motivation is not an attempt to cause trouble, or be negative, or violate forum rules. The motivation is Frustration, because we CARE about the game. We are invested in the quality of the product we’ve chosen to use: Hay Day.

Many of us have been playing for years now, and we are saddened to watch the quality of the gaming platform deteriorate. Yes, we could just move on, but we are invested in THIS game. We want to see THIS game return to a quality experience we can once again enjoy.

So,when there’s an issue, we bang our heads against the wall and contact Support. You have only to read the plethora of support complaints here to know it’s a roll of the dice whether you’ll get help, word salad, or a deleted ticket. Plus, there are some things beyond the scope of Support’s responsibility.

We then come here to vent, express frustrations, and ask for help. There is no denying the quality of the game is slipping. Not a day goes by that something is broken, or broken again. Too often, players are left with the feeling no one is at the helm. It feels like the game is on life support, whether or not it actually is. We come here for resolution and reassurance someone, anyone, is trying to right the ship.

The point of this open message, then, is to remind everyone – forum participants regardless of rank, mods, and staff - that we are all trying to get to the same goal, the return of the smooth running game we’ve enjoyed in the past.

It behooves those of us posting (including me) to remember the people reading our posts have feelings, too.The programmers probably really are trying to fix the patchwork code that has developed over the years, and no one can enjoy coming to work daily to face more problems.

At the same time, Mods need to remember that while this isn’t a forum owned by “us”, it is here only because WE, the customer, have taken the time to come here and voice opinions about a game we care about. If you chase us off, you have no forum to moderate.

Lastly, it never hurts to remind staff that we are rooting for you, we love this game and hope it will continue, but our patience also has limits.

Quote Originally Posted by AngH View Post
    I have given all I can to this game & forum. I have supported the game generously, played fairly and never cheated. I was referred here by support, unfortunately the only thread that could help was shut down by the mods, havent played since, this is my last post, just selling the last of my stuff to hoodies & moving on.

This makes me sad to read. To date, I’ve lost 7 friends who played this game happily, two that were approaching level 200 because of it-that-shall-not-be-named. I find it extremely interesting that in game support is STILL referring people to a now closed thread, while no sticky or announcement of any kind has been made to inform new players or forumers of the problem that persists and is arguably worse than ever. I have tried to understand the mod position on this, but I really don’t, I’m afraid. Getting information is better than being kept in the dark, period. Even if the thread requires frequent monitoring for genuine infractions.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by honeystime View Post
    When people will stop complaining, the game will die. Is this maybe what SC want? i know several player playing that game for several years. They stopped complaining with supercell as they got tired about the standard answers and finally they stopped playing.. to many bugs and the feeling support is thinking they are stupid.

Complaining and discussions are constructive and not destructive.

y
    That's and excellent point, honeystime. When it goes silent on this forum (and it does seem like there are fewer posting than there used to be) the game is over. is it what SC wants? They keep telling us HD is valued, and there are no plans to kill it, so hopefully that's the case. There is still a lot of potential, but it definitely needs attention. The patient is on life support, and at times it feels like its already flat lined.

Quote Originally Posted by AngH View Post
    Angh, I, too, am sorry to hear your news. Like others, I have lost a number of hoodies over the last couple of years, due to boredom with the game and/or "last straw" attitudes with the problems.

As for support, Nick, maybe you need to get in touch with the support manager and let him know the problem players are having? It goes back to your previous comment and the responses from several players, me included. The forum is not game support, but game support still seems to think it appropriate to direct people here for help. It just adds insult to injury when the only thread that could have been posted to has been closed. Thanks.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Fascinating. How would you respond if Frank from Team Brawlstars approached and asked you to help Ryan with building a new community for a few months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    Would never happen When we launch a new game, we prepare the platforms well in advance by planning and helping out if needed. It would never happen that I would leave Hay Day for a couple of months to work on another game. I could stretch it and help on a daily basis, but since all our CM's are professionals they don't really need help....
    Nick, it took me more than a day to process your above assertion "since all our CMs are professionals they don't really need help". I hope you were joking with us and not implying that Frisco is no longer helping Team Hay Day as its second CM. I really think a second CM is needed to share the workload and manage the large community of HD players.

AFAIK, all five live SC game teams have two CMs except for Boom Beach which has one.

Hay Day should always have at least two CMs to take care of its community and more CMs should be added to the team as the community grows exponentially, IMHO.

---
    Lynn
    March 9, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; March 10th, 2019 at 02:36 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Although a level 206 player and hood leader I have never posted on the forum, other than recruitment ads or occasional trading. Breaking my silence just to say, Well said Pethearder! I think you have eloquently summarised the way the majority of players feel. Thank you ��
    Last edited by JanElgin; March 10th, 2019 at 02:48 PM.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #59
    Please stay on topic and not post moderator action such as previous penalties or closing of threads. It's happened a few times now and this thread will have to be closed if it continues. I don't want to see it closed and I am sure neither do you.

Thanks.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to ClashOfHolmes for my cool banner

Bakunin doesn't feed his HD animals

It seems a pity but this thread has run out of steam.

Luckily, SC have created Hay Day Discord where you can chat openly and Nick SC chats about lots of game issues
    Last edited by Fatfinger; March 15th, 2019 at 07:21 PM.
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader