Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Open Message to Forumers, Mods, and Staff

Forum Veteran
    Brilliant post Petherder, you pretty much encapsulated my own thoughts and frustrations with the current situation. Initial reactions were interesting too before being withdrawn.

Personally my frustrations stem from the very negative impact all the recent problems have had on my farming neighbours. After 4 years hard work, passion, energy, emotion and money poured into this game, I have the honour to lead an extremely committed large hood who work very hard to be a great team. It is only my loyalty to my team that keeps me engaged with the shambolic mess the game has become at times. A significant number of my neighbours have been friends and neighbours for a number or all of those 4 years. However in the last 6 months so many of them have just got so disillusioned with all the unresolved ‘errors, problems and glitches’ that they have just given up the game because the frustrations outweigh the benefits. Most of them aren’t forum users, but feel that in the absence of effective support, there is no way to express their feelings and frustrations. So when I’m on here ‘being toxic’ I’m not just representing my own frustration, I’m representing theirs too. Trying to look after your troops is part of leadership in my world!

The points about communication and engagement from the Hayday team are all well made. Personally I think that would go a long way to assuaging people’s anger. We are all intelligent enough to realise there may be no instant fix, but feeling like SC isn’t taking notice or doesn’t care, is the source of a lot of negativity being expressed. I’d also like to say, that negativity on the forum isn’t being directed towards mods, who certainly aren’t to blame for the problems in the game or with support.

My love of freedom of speech, and my hatred of mediocrity will always lead me to comment accordingly when I feel there are problems and frustrations. I guess it’s now time to only use the forum for recruiting purposes.

Good luck to you all
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Brilliant post Petherder, you pretty much encapsulated my own thoughts and frustrations with the current situation. Initial reactions were interesting too before being withdrawn.

Personally my frustrations stem from the very negative impact all the recent problems have had on my farming neighbours. After 4 years hard work, passion, energy, emotion and money poured into this game, I have the honour to lead an extremely committed large hood who work very hard to be a great team. It is only my loyalty to my team that keeps me engaged with the shambolic mess the game has become at times. A significant number of my neighbours have been friends and neighbours for a number or all of those 4 years. However in the last 6 months so many of them have just got so disillusioned with all the unresolved Ďerrors, problems and glitchesí that they have just given up the game because the frustrations outweigh the benefits. Most of them arenít forum users, but feel that in the absence of effective support, there is no way to express their feelings and frustrations. So when Iím on here Ďbeing toxicí Iím not just representing my own frustration, Iím representing theirs too. Trying to look after your troops is part of leadership in my world!

The points about communication and engagement from the Hayday team are all well made. Personally I think that would go a long way to assuaging peopleís anger. We are all intelligent enough to realise there may be no instant fix, but feeling like SC isnít taking notice or doesnít care, is the source of a lot of negativity being expressed. Iíd also like to say, that negativity on the forum isnít being directed towards mods, who certainly arenít to blame for the problems in the game or with support.

My love of freedom of speech, and my hatred of mediocrity will always lead me to comment accordingly when I feel there are problems and frustrations. I guess itís now time to only use the forum for recruiting purposes.

Good luck to you all
    I totally agree with Steve , freedom of speech is the basis from where I come from and as such I won't give it up . So my playing days will be very limited from now on . Like Braveheart .......🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    As you have both mentioned it, your "freedom of speech" extends to behaving according to or expressing your opinions within the forum rules which are set by Supercell.

In much the same way as you have to abide by relevant laws and societal norms in your own countries, so you have to abide by the guidelines stipulated by Supercell which you both agreed to when you created your accounts.

Carry on....
    Last edited by Bakunin; March 6th, 2019 at 10:09 AM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    As you have both mentioned it, your "freedom of speech" extends to behaving according to or expressing your opinions within the forum rules which are set by Supercell.

In much the same way as you have to abide by relevant laws and societal norms in your own countries, so you have to abide by the guidelines stipulated by Supercell which you both agreed to when you created your accounts.

Carry on....
    I'm not sure why the issue of free speech is brought up occasionally. Before creating a forum account in 2015, I read the forum rules and didn't see a clause granting free speech. In fact, I understand that I'm participating in a moderated forum in which speech may be restricted by the site owner or its agents. Moreover, when I post something, my words may be edited or deleted in accordance to the forum rules and TOS which I agreed to when I created this forum account.

In case I'm not clear in the above paragraph, let me state that I cannot expect free speech in a moderated forum. If I disagree with the forum rules, then I must cease posting and post in another channel instead.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; March 6th, 2019 at 10:51 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I'm not sure why the issue of free speech is brought up occasionally. Before creating a forum account in 2015, I read the forum rules and didn't see a clause granting free speech. In fact, I understand that I'm participating in a moderated forum in which speech may be restricted by the site owner or its agents. Moreover, when I post something, my words may be edited or deleted in accordance to the forum rules and TOS which I agreed to when I created this forum account.

In case I'm not clear in the above paragraph, let me state that I cannot expect free speech in a moderated forum. If I disagree with the forum rules, then I must cease posting and post in another channel instead.
    Lynn I mentioned freedom of speech in relation only to my own instincts for speaking honestly and from the heart as I see it. Clearly that now leads me into potential difficulties with rules that I find subjective if someone doesn’t share my views. Accordingly, after this thread and while I retain a forum account, I will not be posting to anything other than recruiting posts. I’m not sure what else I can do if I wish to continue using the recruiting function on the forum to keep my hood alive, sorry if I didn’t make that clear.
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

A lot of great comments made in this thread. It's clear people "on all sides" are frustrated. For any of us who lean towards being Type A's (guilty) the inability to control and/or fix a thing just makes it all the worse. As mdcfc pointed out, leading a hood and watching it disintegrate solely due to frustrations with unsolved or escalating coding issues is disheartening.

I agree more input from SC would be nice. Nick does as much as he can, but as has been said already, he's only one man. I think of him as Rubber Band Man - being pulled in many directions at once. It would be nice if SC would assign someone from the coding group the extra task of periodic updates on issues and resolutions. Communication would go a long way towards easing tensions.

As for free speech, this is a private forum, and yes, anything can be censored by mods. Realistically, though, there's a line that both sides have to walk. The mods are on one side of that line, attempting to maintain a healthy forum. The gamers are on the other side using this forum to vent. We'd rather chat with "those responsible", but that's obviously not possible. So, both sides are rather stuck. if either "side" crosses that line - comments too out of control vs censorship too out of control - then there's a problem and tempers escalate, posts get censored, and eventually people leave. As Ilovehayday said early on, she tries to strike balance. We all need to do that (again, me included) if we want this to remain an avenue for communication.

Just to be clear, though, I don't think anyone views the mods as responsible for anything beyond the management of this site. There are many personality styles posting here, some are mild mannered and others are more in-your-face. We all need to work towards striking a balance, and we need to understand personality and posting styles may differ from our own. I don't think any gamer
    blames any mod for the issues with the game any more than we blame each other. I hope I've never left the impression I hold mods responsible for game problems, and I apologize if it has ever appeared that way. It's got to be a tough job to manage the only real sounding board for a beloved game that frequently feels these days as if it's in melt down mode. So kudos to all of you who try to make this work.

Comments may/may not continue here for a while, but I'd like to express my thanks to all who cared enough to post, for the gamers who have come to add to the dialog and to the mods for taking the time to post their feelings as well, and to Kaptain Kat for deciding to leave this thread open. Well done, everyone.
    Last edited by PetHerder; March 6th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

A great summarising post PetHerder and I fully support all that you have said.

The mods no doubt have at times a very difficult time which mostly we do not see as they have acted very quickly. It is very pleasing to see that on reflection they do reverse their decisions, and I hope they continue to do so.
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader

BTW, mdcfc, I hope you reconsider posting here. I know I speak for a lot of people when I say I value your insights. Your posts and advice add a lot to this forum.

I hope so to and consider it is down to the mods and do they value and appreciate Steve’s comments.
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PetHerder View Post
    BTW, mdcfc, I hope you reconsider posting here. I know I speak for a lot of people when I say I value your insights. Your posts and advice add a lot to this forum.
    Ditto. Insights, advice, and strategies that have always been given generously and constructively and that have added greatly to my enjoyment of the game.