Thread: Getting stuck in friends clan during CWL, QoL

Centennial Club

Getting stuck in friends clan during CWL, QoL

I did not see this in the QoL forum so iíll post a new thread. My clan mate reciently went to visit his friends clan to chat and donate troops. He got busy and stepped away from the game. While he was away from game hisís acc got stuck in their CWL and now we have one less very much needed higher town hall for our CWL. Also, the last several CWLís i have recruited many players that were already stuck in their old clans CWL and could not join ours.

I think itís high time we had a CWL opt out button so undecided players and visitors donít get stuck in a weeks long CWL that they had no plans on being apart of. This opt out button needs to be different then the normal clan wars button so clan Leaders canít trap visitors and people about to leave.

Forum Veteran
    Ok, and then those players go back to their regular clans and forget to change their indicator so people can't start CWL searches until they do...then everyone is complaining that they hate the indicator since you want to make it prevent people from being included at all.

OR, people could just pay more attention and not go hopping around into clans they have no interest in being in for CWL during the very brief period of signups...or wait until their own clan declares THEN go visit.

Also, this will probably get moved since it's in the wrong forum. There's a sub-forum for ideas.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSalmon View Post
    I did not see this in the QoL forum so i’ll post a new thread. My clan mate reciently went to visit his friends clan to chat and donate troops. He got busy and stepped away from the game. While he was away from game his’s acc got stuck in their CWL and now we have one less very much needed higher town hall for our CWL. Also, the last several CWL’s i have recruited many players that were already stuck in their old clans CWL and could not join ours.

I think it’s high time we had a CWL opt out button so undecided players and visitors don’t get stuck in a weeks long CWL that they had no plans on being apart of. This opt out button needs to be different then the normal clan wars button so clan Leaders can’t trap visitors and people about to leave.
    This belongs in Ideas and feature requests...

I think this is more trouble than it is worth though because it requires managing 2 opt out selectors. Your clan mate probably had the war status to green though, so if they also had the CWL war status to green your feature would not change anything.

Yeah let’s make changes to the game to deal with folks who don’t pay attention to what clan they’re in or when war is about to start.

While we’re at it let’s make cruise ships wait for the last passenger who spent too much time sightseeing and didn’t get back to port before sailing time.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gxr900 View Post
    This belongs in Ideas and feature requests...

I think this is more trouble than it is worth though because it requires managing 2 opt out selectors. Your clan mate probably had the war status to green though, so if they also had the CWL war status to green your feature would not change anything.
    Not only that, but to avoid being "trapped", it can't just be an indicator. It has to be both an indicator and actually prevent someone from selecting you anyways.

Centennial Club
    my clan mate already had his indicator red. still got added into his friends clan for CWL. Also, my clan wasn’t starting CWL until later because i already posted clan mail before 48hr matchup process even started. On top of that he was back on time for our matchup but could not join. He was very responsible with the entire visitor process and is getting punished for doing something kind to another player. Why should players be restricted from visitors other clans for 2 days just because of fear they will get stuck? CWL should not “in general” limit the flow of player community support.

i blame the friend's clan for including opted out players in war

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSalmon View Post
    my clan mate already had his indicator red. still got added into his friends clan for CWL. Also, my clan wasn’t starting CWL until later because i already posted clan mail before 48hr matchup process even started. On top of that he was back on time for our matchup but could not join. He was very responsible with the entire visitor process and is getting punished for doing something kind to another player. Why should players be restricted from visitors other clans for 2 days just because of fear they will get stuck? CWL should not “in general” limit the flow of player community support.
    Let us accept that the current In / Out indicator is often ignored. It only works if people consciously maintain it. A second indicator would also be ignored over time. Are they really opting out of CWL, or did they simply forget to reset it???

Honestly, there is nothing that I can see that the game could do to prevent the situation that you noted. This is an area where the only protection is for the players themselves to be both aware, and think before acting. The player's intentions may have been good, but they placed themselves in the risky situation. They knew CWL signup was upon us, yet they went off to visit during that risk period.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjalvl999 View Post
    i blame the friend's clan for including opted out players in war
    At first, during CWL signup, the In / Out indicator was used. If somebody was red you had to manually turn them to green, else they would not be on the roster. People complained, blamed the system on them excluding people, arguing "Why would we not place everyone on the roster?". So they changed it as clans requested, now at signup all players are automatically included, unless explicitly excluded.
    Last edited by rowman; March 2nd, 2019 at 11:21 AM.