Thread: Friendly clan war against/with own clan

Centennial Club

Friendly clan war against/with own clan

I have the feeling that currently the friendly clan wars a not used very much because it's difficult to organise them. What would make them very useful would be if you could star a friendly war with your own clan, so with only players who are in your clan. That would be a great practice for the real clan wars, which has always been the purpose of the friendly clan wars.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    I have the feeling that currently the friendly clan wars a not used very much because it's difficult to organise them. What would make them very useful would be if you could star a friendly war with your own clan, so with only players who are in your clan. That would be a great practice for the real clan wars, which has always been the purpose of the friendly clan wars.
    Why wouldn't you just make a new clan, and then do the wars from there? That seems a LOT simpler than building out a mechanism so that there are 2 war screens (1 for each team) and then trying to hide one set of bases from an account within the same clan). Darian has been pretty clear in the past that creation of multiple wars within the same clan presents more difficulties than they want to work around. I have to imagine this would make it significantly more complicated by having the same wars within the same clan, when there is a super simple workaround to it.

Centennial Club
    I don't think multiples wars are the same thing since here you would only be participating in one war. I'm no programmer but I can't imagine that I would be so difficult to split a clan in what is essentially two different teams. By the way you use the term workaround, which suggest that it's a problem that it's not possible to make a war as I described it. To switch from one clan to another with players is difficult unless it's a very well organised clan, which I assume not all clans are.
    Last edited by Erik5839; February 28th, 2019 at 08:54 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    I don't think multiples wars are the same thing since here you would only be participating in one war. I'm no programmer but I can't imagine that I would be so difficult to split a clan in what is essentially two different teams. By the way you use the term workaround, which suggest that it's a problem that it's not possible to make a war as I described it. To switch from one clan to another with players is difficult unless it's a very well organised clan, which I assume not all clans are.
    The term "workaround" does not suggest that it is a problem. YOU are suggesting it is a problem, and I'm providing a simple solution/workaround to what you deem a problem. You want to do something that isn't currently possible in the exact way you've asked to have it...a workaround is a solution that isn't the solution you've thought of.

It's not just "1 war", it's 1 war, with 2 different teams participating in it within the same clan..which means dividing teams, having 2 war screens within the same clan so that they can see the things they should see and not see the things they shouldn't...it's quite obviously MUCH more complicated than simply allowing 2 wars to run simultaneously. Switching from 1 clan to another isn't difficult, even for fairly unorganized clans. "Players 1-20, go to this clan tag right now for the friendly war". Presumably those players have already expressed interest so understand what is happening. They have to go to a new clan for 2 days, then return. If players can't handle that simple of a thing, they probably can't handle downloading an app in the first place to even be on CoC. If a clan isn't organized, how are they going to set up their own friendly war by all staying in the same clan? They won't be organized enough to handle that either.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    The term "workaround" does not suggest that it is a problem. YOU are suggesting it is a problem, and I'm providing a simple solution/workaround to what you deem a problem. You want to do something that isn't currently possible in the exact way you've asked to have it...a workaround is a solution that isn't the solution you've thought of.

It's not just "1 war", it's 1 war, with 2 different teams participating in it within the same clan..which means dividing teams, having 2 war screens within the same clan so that they can see the things they should see and not see the things they shouldn't...it's quite obviously MUCH more complicated than simply allowing 2 wars to run simultaneously. Switching from 1 clan to another isn't difficult, even for fairly unorganized clans. "Players 1-20, go to this clan tag right now for the friendly war". Presumably those players have already expressed interest so understand what is happening. They have to go to a new clan for 2 days, then return. If players can't handle that simple of a thing, they probably can't handle downloading an app in the first place to even be on CoC. If a clan isn't organized, how are they going to set up their own friendly war by all staying in the same clan? They won't be organized enough to handle that either.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workaround
    As I said, I do not know how difficult it is to implement the feature I would like to see in the game, and the fact that there is a "workaround" does, in my eyes at least, not mean that it isn't a usefull feature. But as it seems I am the only one here who thinks that way, I guess it's useless to persue that idea.