Thread: Rant

Rant

So, I had a choice. Shout and swear like Eric the Parrot or throw my iPad through the window (bit of an expensive tantrum). So the former won. I’ve shouted and sworn and now I’m here about to have a rant. Why is it that whenever there’s a derby task of “serve x number of visitors in the, for example, Beach Cafe”, you know, you just KNOW that that building is NOT going to be coming to your town anytime soon. I remember someone else saying this on the forum a very long time ago and Nick responding that there ‘was no evil algorithm’ or words to that effect. I suppose that means that all these people coming to your town and not wanting to visit your beach cafe is purely coincidental? I needed 16 beach cafe visits, which I thought would be easy. My cafe was full to capacity since last night, which only left 10 to be collected. Huh! I’m in a 2 person NH and unfortunately my hoodie has nobody wanting the cafe and despite 2 trainloads of people this morning (one normal, one paid for in diamonds for an earlier call) I have managed to scrape up 1 more cafe visitor. So, last night, BEFORE I took this task, I get 6 people for the cafe from the train and today I get 1 from 2 trainloads? Am I just paranoid or does anyone else get this type of irritation?

I dislike the specific building tasks for this reason. I just eeked my way through a grocery store task because it was a blossom task. My neighbors tend to horde their people just in case a train task comes up ( which it rarely does). So even in my larger neighborhood it is a STRUGGLE. I am not sure if it is an evil algorithm or just plain bad luck. But I can sympathize.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

I was going to offer up my non-derby playing baby farm to visit. However, it’s level is not high enough to spawn a townie asking for the Beach Cafe.

Maybe there are other players that would be willing to help you and others in this situation. Low level farms are most useful for a specific townie, or one of the first buildings available in the town.

Feel free to send a pm if you would like to add my little farm, so that it can visit if necessary.
    Level 156
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

I feel your pain, we had that happen once so never did specific building task again

Thanks for your replies, especially to Momscar. That’s a very neighbourly thing to do!

Just thought I’d add to my own angst - and I obviously never learn - just called another train (with diamonds) and once again, out of 15 visitors, I got 1.

No evil algorithm, you say??

Blossom Derby requires good hood communication and know how to stagger trashing technique.

This morning a blossom beach cafe came up. We agreed that none of us would have enough for all our towns. We trashed it. Because we employed a staggered trashing of the board we got quick harvest task within 5 min. Much better than struggling with a town building.

maybe your hood needs to discuss which town tasks are doable and which to trash ahead of time?